NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

5 minutes ago, Winterfella said:

They mentioned he was sick.  Hope he's back soon, I miss his voice and the excitement he brings.  His replacement is a dud, IMO.

For Pittsburgh locals (or regionals who watch regular season on Root Sports), Steigerwald just got replaced for next season by Steve Mears from the NHL Network, whom I know nothing about.  I don't love Steigerwald but I've just grown used to him over the years.  Hopefully the new guy has a good voice, or at least better than Emrick's replacement.

Worried that Schultz may be out now too.  That looked pretty rough on his shoulder and eventually attrition is going to kill this playoff run.  Although hopefully Daley is able to return before long.

Daley is skating.  Schultz, Horny and Rust are all traveling and DTD with UBI's.

2 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Daley is skating.  Schultz, Horny and Rust are all traveling and DTD with UBI's.

It speaks to their depth that after they mentioned at the beginning of the game that Hornqvist was out, I totally forgot about him.

2 hours ago, Winterfella said:

For Pittsburgh locals (or regionals who watch regular season on Root Sports), Steigerwald just got replaced for next season by Steve Mears from the NHL Network, whom I know nothing about.  I don't love Steigerwald but I've just grown used to him over the years.  Hopefully the new guy has a good voice, or at least better than Emrick's replacement.

This is a change I can get on board with. Steigy has been around forever, and while I'm not a hater of his work by any stretch, it seemed like it was time to freshen things up to me. Mears was on the Pens radio and TV shows about 4-5 years ago before going to the NHL Network, so he's familiar to the organization at least, and I believe he's a Pittsburgh guy as well.

4 hours ago, Winterfella said:

They mentioned he was sick.  Hope he's back soon, I miss his voice and the excitement he brings.  His replacement is a dud, IMO.

Worried that Schultz may be out now too.  That looked pretty rough on his shoulder and eventually attrition is going to kill this playoff run.  Although hopefully Daley is able to return before long.

He's from the NHL Network. Also a local from Murrysville. I recall seeing him on Network but can't comment on his broadcasting skills. I was never a fan of Steiggy, but wish him well.

4 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

He's from the NHL Network. Also a local from Murrysville. I recall seeing him on Network but can't comment on his broadcasting skills. I was never a fan of Steiggy, but wish him well.

He's actually quite good from what I've heard, so you guys get to look forward to that. Agreed, while Steigs might've been a good guy, he wasn't a good broadcaster. I still remember his 'not as hard as Hoby Baker's plane' joke (seen early in the vid here). While I found it funny, you just don't say that as a pro commentator lol.

In other news, jeez the Preds are on a mission. They look very strong, having outshot the Ducks 40-20. If Gibson doesn't remain on top of his game, this series will be over very quickly. And frankly, I hope it is. It'd be great to see the Ducks floundering to their playoff exit, because I'm still salty haha

3 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

10 straight home playoff wins :wub: 

I'd like to make it down to Bridgestone at some point. Seems like an awesome atmosphere and a cool arena. Nicole Kidman certainly looked to be enjoying herself. :D

Wow did the Pens melt down in that first period. It almost seemed like after second goal Fleury let all his old mental demons roam free. I mean those first two goals were really flukey, and Fleury shouldn't have blamed himself. But especially on the wrap around, which was number 4 I believe, it just looked like Fleury had reverted back to his old problems. 

3 hours ago, Swordfish said:

I think as long as the refs are gonna let the slashing/holding/interference go, the Pens are pretty fucked.  They just don't have the personnel for that kind of game.

Oh please. :rolleyes: Only one team looked like they had any interest in playing a hockey game last night. Especially in the first period. 

5 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Oh please. :rolleyes: Only one team looked like they had any interest in playing a hockey game last night. Especially in the first period. 

Both of those statements can be true.

Are you disputing that they are letting those calls go?  or that that Ottowa is more suited to success in that style of hockey than the Pens?

Archived