NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

as a Ranger fan, I'm now rooting for Ottawa.... They mowed over my team as an underdog... stealing a couple of games in a --from a NTR fan perspective-- heartbreaking fashion... so to me they deserved the series, and good for them.... plus I love Karlsson, and hate Crosby...

3 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Ouch.  What is the status of Fisher?

Think he is a game time decision tmmrw but seeing as he has zero points the entire postseason I think we are absolutely fucked. Our center depth is horrendous, gonna need Rinne and the D to pull out some shutouts to have a chance. 

13 minutes ago, Mark Antony said:

Think he is a game time decision tmmrw but seeing as he has zero points the entire postseason I think we are absolutely fucked. Our center depth is horrendous, gonna need Rinne and the D to pull out some shutouts to have a chance. 

That sucks.  I hate to see guys go down in the playoffs like that.

5 hours ago, Mark Antony said:

Johansen out for the rest of the playoffs. Kill me

Aw jeez it was such an innocent looking hit too. Who's #1C now? Jarnkrok? Ouch...

Anyways, how bout the conundrum for the Pens in net? "Oh, our cup-winning goalie had a bad game? Why not throw in our OTHER cup-winning goalie?" And Murray played pretty damn well. I sorta forgot how good that kid was. Still doesn't excuse that absolute dumpster fire they call a defense corps (although dumpster fires at least give warmth).

21 hours ago, Martini Sigil said:

as a Ranger fan, I'm now rooting for Ottawa.... They mowed over my team as an underdog... stealing a couple of games in a --from a NTR fan perspective-- heartbreaking fashion... so to me they deserved the series, and good for them.... plus I love Carson, and hate Crosby...

Ben Carson? 

I hope Nashville can move one or two wingers to centre for their next game, though I don't know which ones...

3 hours ago, Biter said:

I hope Nashville can move one or two wingers to centre for their next game, though I don't know which ones...

Colin Wilson would be ideal. He's played Center before and is a big body. 

15 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Aw jeez it was such an innocent looking hit too. Who's #1C now? Jarnkrok? Ouch...

Yeah Forsberg-Jarncrok-Arvy seems likely. Swedish power!

Still have a smidgen of faith but The Johansen injury has knocked all my expectations of making the final away so anything good that happens will just be a pleasant surprise. 

On 5/19/2017 at 10:58 PM, Jabronius Maximus said:

Anyways, how bout the conundrum for the Pens in net? "Oh, our cup-winning goalie had a bad game? Why not throw in our OTHER cup-winning goalie?" And Murray played pretty damn well. I sorta forgot how good that kid was. Still doesn't excuse that absolute dumpster fire they call a defense corps (although dumpster fires at least give warmth).

Their defense corps has me believing that IAN COLE is an excellent defenseman.  What has happened.

Also, go Pens!  

14 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

And the offense awakens... Also Sens playing like shit. Hopefully this breaks them.

Well Boucher just put on a clinic of how to destroy a goalie's confidence...dafuq was he doing pulling him and putting him back in? 

I find it hard to believe the sens come back from this. 

Edit: and it's Anderson's birthday. Poor guy, what a gift from Guy Boucher lol

7 minutes ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

Well Boucher just put on a clinic of how to destroy a goalie's confidence...dafuq was he doing pulling him and putting him back in? 

Fake timeout, maybe?  I have no idea, that shit was weird.  And what a birthday. :(

That's as about as good of a statement game as you can have by the Pens. Seems like they've figured out the 1-3-1 employed by the Sens over the last two games. Murray has looked great in net too.

Can't wait to see how easy Wingels gets off for that elbow to Wilson's face at the end of the game too.

7 hours ago, Joe Pesci said:

That's as about as good of a statement game as you can have by the Pens. Seems like they've figured out the 1-3-1 employed by the Sens over the last two games. Murray has looked great in net too.

Can't wait to see how easy Wingels gets off for that elbow to Wilson's face at the end of the game too.

Wingels doesn't even get a hearing.  What a friggin joke.

As for the pens, it seems like they've figured out not so much how to overcome the nuetral zone and get into the offensive zone, I don't think they've really been struggling with that, but that they've figured out how to take advantage of being kept outside once they are in.  

Get a good cycle going, control the ouck outside,  keep it going until the d is tired............... .  It happened multiple times game 5.

9 minutes ago, Swordfish said:

Wingels doesn't even get a hearing.  What a friggin joke.

Player safety at its finest...I'm sure the trumpeters of "old-time hockey" like Milbury will see no problem with this.

Archived