NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

One thing I'm taking away from these playoffs is I'm now a big P.K. Subban fan. The NHL needs to do a better job at marketing some of their other stars not named Crosby or Ovechkin. P.K. should be an even bigger star than he already is. 

4 hours ago, Altherion said:

There was no interference. The goal was disallowed because the referee lost sight of the puck and blew the whistle. That said, it was indeed the right call given the existing rules... but it must be galling for Preds fans that they lost a goal purely due to referee incompetence.

Galling, yes....to put it lightly.  I am furious, but the fact is that we had many more golden opportunities to put the puck in the back of the net and failed.

9 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Fucking christ please end these twats tonight and be done with the country singing buffoons and catfish shit. 

I will admit that the "country singing buffoons", as you so rightly stated are just that.  The catfish shit has gotten out of control as well. However, you can't be serious calling our team or fans twats.  The team and fans have showed everyone in the hockey world how much heart and fight we have.  

The Pens are definitely one of the best teams the NHL has seen in a long time.  Congratulations, well deserved.

Looking back at the game now that my head's free of alcohol, the one thing that stands out (outside of the Pens winning the Cup :D), is that we finally got the goaltending show that was expected at the start of the series. Rinne and Murray were outstanding last night, and I can only imagine how much better this series would have been if the visiting goalie had actually showed up once or twice during the first 5 games.

9 hours ago, Nictarion said:

One thing I'm taking away from these playoffs is I'm now a big P.K. Subban fan. The NHL needs to do a better job at marketing some of their other stars not named Crosby or Ovechkin. P.K. should be an even bigger star than he already is. 

He's a goon with a big mouth, plain and simple.

5 hours ago, Wolf of the Steppes said:

Galling, yes....to put it lightly.  I am furious, but the fact is that we had many more golden opportunities to put the puck in the back of the net and failed.

I will admit that the "country singing buffoons", as you so rightly stated are just that.  The catfish shit has gotten out of control as well. However, you can't be serious calling our team or fans twats.  The team and fans have showed everyone in the hockey world how much heart and fight we have.  

The Pens are definitely one of the best teams the NHL has seen in a long time.  Congratulations, well deserved.

Here's an idea. The next time those hillbillies throw catfish on the ice, give the Preds a delay of game. 

No offense, of course. I've been on so many boards over the last few weeks and one thing stands out: The Preds fans don't know the difference between a blue line and a clothesline; and are very sore losers. 

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

A goon? I'd say he's among the top 10 defencemen in the league (or at least top 15).

1 hour ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Here's an idea. The next time those hillbillies throw catfish on the ice, give the Preds a delay of game. 

No offense, of course. I've been on so many boards over the last few weeks and one thing stands out: The Preds fans don't know the difference between a blue line and a clothesline; and are very sore losers. 

What about the thing I said evoked a response like that? Seems to me, you're a very sore winner. No offense, of course ;)

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

He's far more than just a goon. Hes one of the most well rounded dedensemen in the game today.

2 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

The Preds fans don't know the difference between a blue line and a clothesline; and are very sore losers. 

Every fanbase has idiots. Stupid to generalise like that. 

5 hours ago, Crazy Cat Lady in Training said:

Lol no. "Goons" are all but extinct in the NHL at this point. P.K. is one of the most skilled players in the league. And god forbid someone has a little fun and doesn't give the mind numbingly boring standard response to everything like the Crosby's of the world do. 

2 hours ago, Nictarion said:

Lol no. "Goons" are all but extinct in the NHL at this point. P.K. is one of the most skilled players in the league. And god forbid someone has a little fun and doesn't give the mind numbingly boring standard response to everything like the Crosby's of the world do. 

God I hate how most hockey players give these nonanswers. Subban bucks the trend by being entertaining, and gets shit on for it. This is one of the reasons why the NHL isn't as big as it could be. 

Also while McDavid and Matthews are absolute joys to watch, they're probably even more robotic than Crosby in their interviews. 

Granted, it won't determine whether I will watch a game, but I want more guys like Subban, Ovi, Laine (hopefully?) showing their personality off the ice. It certainly adds to the experience, for me anyway. 

23 hours ago, Jabronius Maximus said:

God I hate how most hockey players give these nonanswers. Subban bucks the trend by being entertaining, and gets shit on for it. This is one of the reasons why the NHL isn't as big as it could be. 

Also while McDavid and Matthews are absolute joys to watch, they're probably even more robotic than Crosby in their interviews. 

Granted, it won't determine whether I will watch a game, but I want more guys like Subban, Ovi, Laine (hopefully?) showing their personality off the ice. It certainly adds to the experience, for me anyway. 

Agreed. They all put on the good ole boy personality and that's boring as shit. 

As for Pens, gonna be interesting to see who leaves this season. As much as a playoff stud as Bonino has been the past 2 years, I think we can let him hit free agency. I hope he makes every possible dollar he can get. It's time Oskar Sundqvist gets his chance to play a role other than 10-15 games as a 4th liner. Cullen will be gone which is fine. Great 4th line center for his 2 years here, and made a shit ton of contributions, especially in the postseason. Kunitz appears to adapt to top or bottom 6. Though I think his age now has him playing on the latter, he can still go top 6 when necessary and contribute. I think he stays around another 1-2 years. Defense needs a makeover. Hope to see Daniel Sprong get solid playing time next year. Most likely will have to play bottom 6 as the top 6 is congested with wingers. 

18 hours ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Agreed. They all put on the good ole boy personality and that's boring as shit. 

As for Pens, gonna be interesting to see who leaves this season. As much as a playoff stud as Bonino has been the past 2 years, I think we can let him hit free agency. I hope he makes every possible dollar he can get. It's time Oskar Sundqvist gets his chance to play a role other than 10-15 games as a 4th liner. Cullen will be gone which is fine. Great 4th line center for his 2 years here, and made a shit ton of contributions, especially in the postseason. Kunitz appears to adapt to top or bottom 6. Though I think his age now has him playing on the latter, he can still go top 6 when necessary and contribute. I think he stays around another 1-2 years. Defense needs a makeover. Hope to see Daniel Sprong get solid playing time next year. Most likely will have to play bottom 6 as the top 6 is congested with wingers. 

Which is something I never thought we'd be able to say about this team.  What a 180 under Rutherford.  I HATED that choice when they brought him in, but you can;t argue with success.

Rumor is there is already a deal in place with Vegas for Fleury.  that would give them a decent chunk of cap space this off season.

Kudos also to Sullivan.  Really makes you realize what a travesty the Bylsma years were.

Also Preds assistant coach Phil Housley has agreed to become the Sabres HC. Best of luck to him. Will be missed in the locker room for sure but He was in charge of our Special teams and 3v3 and they were both pretty awful. Need to actually win in overttime next season if we want to get home ice in the playoffs. 

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 1:59 PM, Swordfish said:

Which is something I never thought we'd be able to say about this team.  What a 180 under Rutherford.  I HATED that choice when they brought him in, but you can;t argue with success.

Rumor is there is already a deal in place with Vegas for Fleury.  that would give them a decent chunk of cap space this off season.

Kudos also to Sullivan.  Really makes you realize what a travesty the Bylsma years were.

Pens could have up to around $18 million in cap space once Fleury is off the books. But they have some RFA's that are going to eat up some of that cash in Dumoulin, Schultz, and Sheary. It does leave them some room to maybe make a splash FA signing though.

The next week in the NHL should be quite interesting. Plenty of player movement sure to come. Will be cool to see how Vegas shapes their roster.

1 hour ago, Nictarion said:

Some of the new jerseys are starting to leak. The Blues new one looks largely unchanged and looks fine. The Preds jersey I saw is pretty terrible. Looks like a cheap practice jersey or a bad replica. 

I saw a few articles that said they are leaving the front chest/shoulder areas open like the new Preds jersey with the assumption there will sponsors' ads on them by the end of the Adidas deal. I'm expecting a few misfires as usual (Preds is def one) when the jersey company changes, but at least Nike didn't get their hands on the jersey contract, or we'd be dealing with color rush uniforms in the NHL...

Yeah everyone is shitting on our jersey but idk I kinda like how simple it is. 

excited for the expansion draft even though it sucks we are probably gonna lose Neal :/

edit: all the jerseys leaked. Seen the devils one getting a lot of hate but I really like it

Archived