NHL Playoffs: Stanley's Suitors

l2 0 5 5

Can't believe these are the first two game 7's of the playoffs. 

Caps momentum has me nervous but I believe we have the better team and think we will pull it out. I remember in '09 when we went to Washington for game 7 in second round and we spanked them. I'm hoping for a similar result tonight. 

No Hagelin and Kunhackl tonight. Not a fan of either being pulled. Not sure if Hagelin is injury related or not, but hate to see someone with his skill sit out game 7.

What a play!!! Was pissed for Crosby at passing the puck for about 2 seconds. We're making a lot of bad turnovers though... Making me uneasy. That Maata one was lazy as shit.

Near flawless game for us. Fleury was perfect, forwards were back checking, diving in front of pucks, did everything it took to win tonight. Washington couldn't get a puck in to save their lives. Can't imagine how disappointing that was for them. 

That was championship level execution from the Pens. I thought they did basically everything right.

On the flipside, WTF Caps? It's the biggest game of the year, and you lay a goose-egg. And to me it looked like they sorta gave up after Hornqvist's goal. You gotta fight tooth and nail to the end (e.g. Pens in game 3) and the Caps seemed like they didn't want to. 

Anyways, let's hope the other road team takes game 7 tonight. Cmon Oilers!

Well that was an all-around performance from the Pens tonight. Some bad puck handling by the D (come on Maata!), but otherwise that's the way to play and win in the playoffs in a Game 7.

And the obligatory...Caps gonna Cap!

Let's go Oilers!

E: Man that's gotta suck just a bit to be Dan Bylsma talking about the Pens winning in the playoffs on the NHL Network. Also, can't wait to watch Milbury eat some fucking crow during the first intermission of Ducks/Oilers. No way the Pens win eh, you fucking Neanderthal...

49 minutes ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

Near flawless game for us. Fleury was perfect, forwards were back checking, diving in front of pucks, did everything it took to win tonight. Washington couldn't get a puck in to save their lives. Can't imagine how disappointing that was for them. 

I kind of disagree on the "near flawless" part.  The first half of the first and first five minutes of the second were utterly dominated by the Capitals and the defense had some incredible heartstopping mistakes.  The Capitals came out very strong, but kind of fell apart after Hornqvist's goal and just melted in the 3rd period when it became clear they just couldn't buy a goal for any price.  I think that overall the Penguins were the better team this game, but as far as the series goes it was 100% stolen by Fleury deciding he was allergic to Vegas' weather or whatever it was that turned him into a hockey golden god.  

e: And yeah, in a few days I'll have some sympathy for how heartbroken being a Capitals fan would make me right now, but for now I can't stop cackling.  

24 minutes ago, MerenthaClone said:

I kind of disagree on the "near flawless" part.  The first half of the first and first five minutes of the second were utterly dominated by the Capitals and the defense had some incredible heartstopping mistakes.  The Capitals came out very strong, but kind of fell apart after Hornqvist's goal and just melted in the 3rd period when it became clear they just couldn't buy a goal for any price.  I think that overall the Penguins were the better team this game, but as far as the series goes it was 100% stolen by Fleury deciding he was allergic to Vegas' weather or whatever it was that turned him into a hockey golden god.  

e: And yeah, in a few days I'll have some sympathy for how heartbroken being a Capitals fan would make me right now, but for now I can't stop cackling.  

Yeah the D had some bonehead turnovers. Like I said earlier, Maata is killing me. Overall we were good in our zone and helped Fleury post the shutout. Great back checking from the forwards was noticeable. 

Ah fuck. Hell of a season, but what a gut wrenching finish (especially considering the debacle at the end of g5). Ugh I didn't realize id feel this shitty about it :(. On the bright side, I was just expecting meaningful games in March, and we got this. Things are definitely on the up-swing.

Anyways, Fuck the Ducks. Let's go Preds! Please avenge us...

Archived