Bakker XLVIII - Selected to LEAD not to READ

lokisnow

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Right - but others out there probably do

I'm just sidecar on this one. MG (bakkerfans) has been listening though, it seems. I'll continue trying to effect change behind the scenes. EDIT: I agree there must probably be something excerpt worthy a la movie teaser/trailer buried therein for the reasons you mentioned.

29 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Finished.

Fucking hell.

That's probably going to be the whole review.

Damn, Wert, that's too much too fast. Lol. I hope you took time to enjoy it at least :).

4 hours ago, Sarcellus said:

Three of my high school friends and I all discovered Bakker independently around the same time and they belong to what I assume is the majority of the book buying Bakker reading population: they pay no attention to anything Bakker-related online. None of them have read TFS or FR nor heard of them on occasions I've referenced the shorts.

EDIT: Or KOMH either.

Im in the same boat as your friends. I've only read the books once and casually browse these threads from time to time, but this is the first time i've heard of these short stories. I was able to find tFS and FR pretty easily, but what does KOMH stand for? Is it another atrocity tale, because I could not find something like that when I looked for something like that name.

Just now, Darth Richard II said:

Well I don't want to derail the topic or start shit in here, so lets just say I find PA distasteful and your linking to it confusing.

Yeah, it's almost as if I have this weird history of liking things that are morally repugnant at times

6 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

Im in the same boat as your friends. I've only read the books once and casually browse these threads from time to time, but this is the first time i've heard of these short stories. I was able to find tFS and FR pretty easily, but what does KOMH stand for? Is it another atrocity tale, because I could not find something like that when I looked for something like that name.

Knife of Many Hands. It was in Grimdark magazine issues 2 and 3, I believe. A 2 part short story.

51 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

Knife of Many Hands. It was in Grimdark magazine issues 2 and 3, I believe. A 2 part short story.

Thank you good sir. It's a pity he didn't post them like the other two though.

1 hour ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

47 minutes ago, Ghjhero said:

Thank you good sir. It's a pity he didn't post them like the other two though.

What MSJ said. Grimdark Mag used to offer a nice bundle deal for the two issues but their site has been revamped and I don't see it anymore. But issue #3 with the second half of the story has a pretty stellar Bakker interview as well.

53 minutes ago, Lord Patrek said:

That's why I chose to share it. . . :)

Nice pick, that's some great reading. Thanks, Pat.

Archived