How would you switch around the POVs if you could?

HouseFossoway

If I could change which POVs were in which book, without changing any of the actions that happen in the series, here's what I would do:

AGOT: Cersei would get POV chapters in AGOT, so that the first book isn't too Stark-heavy, and so that we can see what she is like before her descent into madness. Plus plenty of scenes could be great from her perspective, (Ned confronting her in the garden, Ned getting arrested, Robert's death, Sansa coming to her, etc). Sansa wouldn't get any chapters, since her arc in that book is just to establish the fact that she starts out the series as naive and believing in fairytales, which can be done through other POVs. All of the action that does happen in Sansa's chapters could get told through the POV chapters of Arya, Ned, and Cersei. Finally, Daenerys would lose her last chapter, and it would be replaced by a Mirri Maaz Dur epilogue, where the last sentence is "and as Mirri Maaz Durr screamed from the fire engulfing her, her voice was joined by the sounds of dragons" or something like that.

ACOK: Bran wouldn't get any chapters since what he does in this book is pretty much just waiting around in a castle. Most of his storyline in ACOK could either get moved back to AGOT (his first couple of visions) or to ASOS (meeting the Reeds, like in the tv series). The rest of his story could be told from Theon's chapters, and a Maester Luwin epilogue. Also, Robb gets a couple of chapters about his time in the Westerlands which would help us get to know his fellow northern lords more (making the red wedding even more devastating) and also to give us more insight on the Westerlings.

ASOS: Jaime Loses his POVs and his story is told from Brienne and Cersei Povs. Personally, I think it was too easy for me to start sympathizing with Jaime once I started reading his POVs. I think he should have remained more mysterious and aloof. Part of his characterization is that everyone judges him for his looks, family, and his past actions, without ever getting to know the real him, so the reader should be put in the same situation (and as Brienne would grow to realize that he's not a one dimensional monster, so would the reader).

AFFC/ADWD: Arys and Areo's chapters go to Arianne, to condense the Dornish chapters into one person, so that we can get to know Arianne better. Arya's chapters from AFFC move to ADWD, and Cersei/Jaime/Areo's chapters from ADWD go to AFFC, so that story lines are kept complete.

AGOT: I leave exactly as it is. 

ACOK: I leave exactly as it is.

ASOS: I include Asha's POV and the whole storyline about Balon's death/the Kingsmoot.

AFFC: Agreed with the OP

- Make Arianne the only POV in Dorne (fuck Arys and Hotah).

- Move Cersei's, Jaime's, Arya's and Asha's chapters from ADWD to AFFC.

- Remove Victarion's and the Damphair's POV. 

ADWD: 

- Include Victarion's POV, I guess, I'm not sure. 

- Remove Melisandre's and Quentyn's POV. 

GOT: the same

COK: the same

SOS: include Arianne as Oberyn's companion in KL

FFC:

• one Dornish POV (Arianne) with more than 4 chapters
  • one Ironborn (Asha) with more than 3 chapters
  • Brienne in Jaime's POV
  • include Bran,Davos and Arya (their DWD chapters)

DWD:

• no Connighton, Melisandre and Quentyn
  • include Arianne's sample chapters from Winds

Archived