How is Arya a psychopath, but Dany isn't?

thewolfofStarfall

Arya kills people who derseve to die for the safety of society. I don't support the death penalty in real life, however in the context of a fictional world with no law enforcement, what Arya is doing (besides killing Daeron) seems pretty reasonable to me.  On the other hand Dany thoroughly enjoys torturing people if she believes they somehow derseve to be tortured. That's not normal. Nothing separates her behavior from Joffey's who also genuinely believes his victims derseve to suffer. Dany is self righteously cruel. Arya is not. Despite this Arya gets a bad rep because of her violene, whereas Dany's main criticism just comes from being entitled and naive.

This honestly makes no sense to me. For instance, the producers D&D claimed Arya fans should be concerned for her chracter, However, in another episode recap they claimed Dany "was not her father", and that she was "ruthless like most Targaryens"......even though she has comitted the same acts of her father and beyond.  Futhermore, being ruthless is not normal, it means that individual lacks a conscience. For instance, Dany can torture people without even thinking about it afterwards. Arya has showed no interest in tormenting people, even though the people she kills   were ruthless torturers themselves.

Any thoughts?

Neither Dany nor Arya are psychopaths. Arya is a wounded child who had to survive on her own, when Dany is a her father's daughter who commited genocide and ordered the torture and murder of innocent children. However I don't think that Dany *enjoys torturing people*, she just does it.

One point of it I would think, and while I don't like to read about Arya I don't hold strong views on the character, is that while Arya does her own killing with her own hands while Daenerys have henchemen who do the physical work. From that perspective I would think that Arya is seen as being somehow closer to her actions than Daenerys even while the morality of the actions should be the same for both characters regardless if they do the deed or if they order their goons.

But for the record I think that Daenerys is less damaged than Arya, but I wouldn't dare to suggest how damage or not damaged Arya is from her experience, given how Danaerys manages to restrain herself from both killing hostages, an honorable if foolish act in my opinion as it takes away the purpose of hostages and makes Daenerys look like she won't go through with threats, and that she marries to get peace for Meereen. Now Arya haven't been in that kind of situation to make such decisions but so far Arya has been both killing people and helping some, Daenerys has taken actual steps to avert more people dying while Arya is pretty firmly on her kill-them-all path as far as I can see. But its entirely likely that Arya will come out in the books to come and prove me wrong on this.

37 minutes ago, thewolfofStarfall said:

Arya kills people who derseve to die for the safety of society. I don't support the death penalty in real life, however in the context of a fictional world with no law enforcement, what Arya is doing (besides killing Daeron) seems pretty reasonable to me.  On the other hand Dany thoroughly enjoys torturing people if she believes they somehow derseve to be tortured. That's not normal. Nothing separates her behavior from Joffey's who also genuinely believes his victims derseve to suffer. Dany is self righteously cruel. Arya is not. Despite this Arya gets a bad rep because of her violene, whereas Dany's main criticism just comes from being entitled and naive.

This honestly makes no sense to me. For instance, the producers D&D claimed Arya fans should be concerned for her chracter, However, in another episode recap they claimed Dany "was not her father", and that she was "ruthless like most Targaryens"......even though she has comitted the same acts of her father and beyond.  Futhermore, being ruthless is not normal, it means that individual lacks a conscience. For instance, Dany can torture people without even thinking about it afterwards. Arya has showed no interest in tormenting people, even though the people she kills   were ruthless torturers themselves.

Any thoughts?

Danerys hater spotted...

Danerys dosn't enjoy torturing any person she get's a small amount of satisfaction off torturing the vilest people in asoiaf. That is completely normal. Joffrey likes to torture and torment people for the fun of it whilst Danerys does it because reasonably at the point in time it would be an appopiate punishment. Danerys is not cruel where do all you people get this from??? We are inside her head and clearly she is not cruel seriously how can anyone think this??? Explain??? 

I have literally never seen anyone dislike Arya ever. What is troubling is that she is in GOT only 9 years old. She has had all her family killed, she has lived on her own for long and she has killed people. The psycological effects of this on a little girl should be completely devastating and could and perhaps will lead to a change in character on her side at one point or another. Probably i predict devoid of emotions in worst case.

The crazy amounts of unjustified Danerys hate dosn't come from her being naive and entitled.

Please tell me how Danerys is like her father????????????? She has liberated hundreds of thousands of slaves and had the people responsible for torturing children tortured themselves. She is kind and generous to the poor and is very concerned for their well being. Aerys was batshit insane crazy and loved to torture people for his pleasure. He was also a rapist.

Most people don't feel bad when sick people die horribly.

Seriously please explain where all this Danerys hatred comes from because i dont understand it???

3 minutes ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

I have literally never seen anyone dislike Arya ever

Then you are not here long enough. Here everyone is hated by some people.

4 minutes ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

She has liberated hundreds of thousands of slaves and had the people responsible for torturing children tortured themselves

And then she committed genocide and ordered the murder and torture of innocent children because of who their parents were. What a kind and generous person!

5 minutes ago, Coolbeard the Exile said:

She is kind and generous to the poor and is very concerned for their well being.

You mean when she took their money when they voluntarily sold themselves to slavery because she destroyed their lives?

Archived