Possible last Reynes(SPOILERS ALL)

Maester Saramello

No clue how to put a spoiler flag so be warned now SPOILERS ALL.

House Reyne is iconic in the book series and beyond as being the example and symbol of Lannister Ruthlessness(mayhaps only by Tywin but still). How rich would it be if, after the Reynes of Castamere had been played so many times that one is actually alive, further besmirching Tywin's and House Lannister's credibility and namesake? There are some possible options.

Silent Sisters - either Reyne or Tarbeck or both or mixed IDK but the point is Tywin forced some of them women to become silent sisters. They might still be alive and subtly harming Lannisters. Supporting Evidence:

1. The horrible stench from Tywin's body- the Silent Sisters are the ones incharge of caring for the dead. Maybe the sisters in charge were the Reynes banished and they unpurpously neglected Tywin. 

2. We know there are silent sisters who are Reynes and Tarbecks.

The High Septon - very mysterious character with no back story(no, he is not Howland Reed, GRRM said we haven't seen him yet). On the one hand, he could be as he appears, a peasant man who rose through the ranks of the begging brothers through his piety and charisma and truly is trying to reinvigorate and root out corruption of the Faith. However, it is also possible that this could the the 3 year old Reyne (name forgotten, but he's there) who disappeared during/before the sack of Castamere. He could have been saved by wandering begging brothers or other holy men/women (as an example IRL the catholic church, the real life version of the faith of the 7, helped smuggle Jewish children out to safety during Holocaust). He grew up being told the history and end of his house, and this little Reyne may have decided that it was greed that lead to the fall of house Reyne and renounced all of it(a distorted Buddha if you would). He uses the caring for the smallfolk as a sham to gain power while in reality furthering his own agenda(a frequent papal scheme). This explains his very unusual reaction to torturing a confessor(Oszy Kettleback) and imprisoning Cersei. 

A member of the Golden Company - The Reynes were major supporters of the Blackfyres. Likely one of them followed Aegor Rivers into exile and his descendants carry the blood. 

Tom Seven Strings 

As Good Guy Garlan put it:

"There's this about the Last Lord Tarbeck: 

Although the boy was probably thrown down a well by Ser Amory Lorch, one of Tywin's knights, some stories claim the boy was smuggled to Essos and became a bard popular for his sad ballads.

I think this rumor gave Varys the idea to pass a fake kid as Aegon, but if it's true, that Tarbeck boy would be around 40 years old by now. So, a mature bard with sad songs and an anti-Lannister agenda..."

Also, these quotes straight from the book via the wiki are very interesting...

Sometimes a man knows more than he says.[2]

- Tom to Gendry

Tom: I know better songs than 'The Rains of Castamere.' I could have played you ... oh, all sorts o' things.

Jaime: Some other time. Do you have a name?
Tom: Tom of Sevenstreams, if it please my lord. Most call me Tom o' Sevens, though.
Jaime: Sing sweetly, Tom o' Sevens.[13]

- Tom and Jaime Lannister

Fifty if he's a day, thought Jaime, a hedge harp, and hard used by life.[8]

- thoughts of Jaime Lannister

Any other ideas? I really think the Reynes survived in some form and the belaboring of the song just serves as more fuel to explode when we realize that the Rains above Castamere shall move to Casterly Rock.

There's this about the Last Lord Tarbeck: 

Although the boy was probably thrown down a well by Ser Amory Lorch, one of Tywin's knights, some stories claim the boy was smuggled to Essos and became a bard popular for his sad ballads.

I think this rumor gave Varys the idea to pass a fake kid as Aegon, but if it's true, that Tarbeck boy would be around 40 years old by now. So, a mature bard with sad songs and an anti-Lannister agenda...Tom O' Sevens or Mance Ryder. Boom.

On 4/24/2017 at 7:38 PM, Maester Saramello said:

No clue how to put a spoiler flag so be warned now SPOILERS ALL.

House Reyne is iconic in the book series and beyond as being the example and symbol of Lannister Ruthlessness(mayhaps only by Tywin but still). How rich would it be if, after the Reynes of Castamere had been played so many times that one is actually alive, further besmirching Tywin's and House Lannister's credibility and namesake? There are some possible options.

Silent Sisters - either Reyne or Tarbeck or both or mixed IDK but the point is Tywin forced some of them women to become silent sisters. They might still be alive and subtly harming Lannisters. Supporting Evidence:

1. The horrible stench from Tywin's body- the Silent Sisters are the ones incharge of caring for the dead. Maybe the sisters in charge were the Reynes banished and they unpurpously neglected Tywin. 

2. We know there are silent sisters who are Reynes and Tarbecks.

The High Septon - very mysterious character with no back story(no, he is not Howland Reed, GRRM said we haven't seen him yet). On the one hand, he could be as he appears, a peasant man who rose through the ranks of the begging brothers through his piety and charisma and truly is trying to reinvigorate and root out corruption of the Faith. However, it is also possible that this could the the 3 year old Reyne (name forgotten, but he's there) who disappeared during/before the sack of Castamere. He could have been saved by wandering begging brothers or other holy men/women (as an example IRL the catholic church, the real life version of the faith of the 7, helped smuggle Jewish children out to safety during Holocaust). He grew up being told the history and end of his house, and this little Reyne may have decided that it was greed that lead to the fall of house Reyne and renounced all of it(a distorted Buddha if you would). He uses the caring for the smallfolk as a sham to gain power while in reality furthering his own agenda(a frequent papal scheme). This explains his very unusual reaction to torturing a confessor(Oszy Kettleback) and imprisoning Cersei. 

A member of the Golden Company - The Reynes were major supporters of the Blackfyres. Likely one of them followed Aegor Rivers into exile and his descendants carry the blood. 

Tom Seven Strings 

As Good Guy Garlan put it:

"There's this about the Last Lord Tarbeck: 

I think this rumor gave Varys the idea to pass a fake kid as Aegon, but if it's true, that Tarbeck boy would be around 40 years old by now. So, a mature bard with sad songs and an anti-Lannister agenda..."

Also, these quotes straight from the book via the wiki are very interesting...

Sometimes a man knows more than he says.[2]

- Tom to Gendry

Tom: I know better songs than 'The Rains of Castamere.' I could have played you ... oh, all sorts o' things.

Jaime: Some other time. Do you have a name?
Tom: Tom of Sevenstreams, if it please my lord. Most call me Tom o' Sevens, though.
Jaime: Sing sweetly, Tom o' Sevens.[13]

- Tom and Jaime Lannister

Fifty if he's a day, thought Jaime, a hedge harp, and hard used by life.[8]

- thoughts of Jaime Lannister

Any other ideas? I really think the Reynes survived in some form and the belaboring of the song just serves as more fuel to explode when we realize that the Rains above Castamere shall move to Casterly Rock.

It would be interesting to see a scion of House Reyne. I'm just glad your not rehashing the whole Peytr Reyne idea. I have my own thoughts on the identity of the High Sparrow. Still I like the idea of Tom O'Seven's, I have always had him pegged as a Targaryren or Blackfyre supporter.

Archived