Who is the best person that Gared Tuttle from the TellTale game can beat?

DiggyDool

I've been watching some of his fight clips on youtube and my god this kid is underrated, I'd go as far to say that he could take Jon Snow as of S3, but as of S4 Jon Snow is just on a whole new level.

He's injured a bear in single combat, dodged arrows at point-blank range, and fought off trained Frey Soldiers and Whitehill Soldiers while being unarmed, and last, but not least, defeated multiple Wights in single combat.

The dude is a beast for someone so young and inexperienced, he's like a swordplay prodigy, imo.

Although my opinion that he could beat Jon Snow as of S3 may not be a popular opinion, so... Who do you think is the best fighter from GoT that he can beat?

The clip that I watched is here: 

2 hours ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

there is a reason nobody is replying 

There's no "game" section to post this in.

Give me some reasons why Gared Tuttle isn't a valid fighter and I'll debunk them.

Cause its either one of those two things, either you think the dude isn't important enough or valid enough of a fighter to comment on, OR, it was posted in the wrong section.

6 hours ago, DiggyDool said:

There's no "game" section to post this in.

Give me some reasons why Gared Tuttle isn't a valid fighter and I'll debunk them.

Cause its either one of those two things, either you think the dude isn't important enough or valid enough of a fighter to comment on, OR, it was posted in the wrong section.

hes a fabrication. 

10 hours ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

1 hour ago, Westerosi Coast Gangster said:

hes a fabrication. 

So is Jon Snow.... The Forrester's exist in Game of Thrones, because the game is canon. The game is officially licensed by HBO, which makes it canon to the show.

• 1 month later...
On 4/25/2017 at 8:55 AM, DiggyDool said:

I've been watching some of his fight clips on youtube and my god this kid is underrated, I'd go as far to say that he could take Jon Snow as of S3, but as of S4 Jon Snow is just on a whole new level.

He's injured a bear in single combat, dodged arrows at point-blank range, and fought off trained Frey Soldiers and Whitehill Soldiers while being unarmed, and last, but not least, defeated multiple Wights in single combat.

The dude is a beast for someone so young and inexperienced, he's like a swordplay prodigy, imo.

Although my opinion that he could beat Jon Snow as of S3 may not be a popular opinion, so... Who do you think is the best fighter from GoT that he can beat?

The clip that I watched is here: 

My friend, I've got to be honest.

I don't believe Gared Tuttle could defeat even the Season One version of Jon Snow.

In fact, i don't think Tuttle could defeat Jon Snow even if Jon was 10 years old

I've heard tell that Jon Snow was BORN with plot armor two feet thick, and I BELIEVE it.

I mean, my goodness, did you SEE the Battle of the Bastards???  Now, yes, I understand, that was all the way up to Season 6, but the point is that his PLOT ARMOR was on FULL display.  And my understanding is that that plot armor is part of who Jon IS, and it has been with him since the day he was born.  In fact, even BEFORE he was born.

Now, can you say any of that about Gared Tuttle?

I think you might do better to wonder if Gared Tuttle could defeat Gregor Clegane.

But not Jon Snow.

On 21/06/2017 at 1:29 PM, snow is the man said:

was the game any good?

Typical telltales game, a concept based on the illusion of "meaningful" choices, while in fact everything is extremely linear (there's only one big choice near the end, that should have a really big impact... when they make the n°2 of their GoT serie).

Still it's very well done, with characters you can easily get attached too, good use of existing show characters as guest stars, and several twists reminding a lot the serie.

Just considering it as a Visual Novel and not a game (the only game elements being QTE sessions you have to succeed to continue,  artificially slowing your progress in the story) it's far to be a bad one.

14 hours ago, Lord Freypie said:

Typical telltales game, a concept based on the illusion of "meaningful" choices, while in fact everything is extremely linear (there's only one big choice near the end, that should have a really big impact... when they make the n°2 of their GoT serie).

Still it's very well done, with characters you can easily get attached too, good use of existing show characters as guest stars, and several twists reminding a lot the serie.

Just considering it as a Visual Novel and not a game (the only game elements being QTE sessions you have to succeed to continue,  artificially slowing your progress in the story) it's far to be a bad one.

Does that mean yes or no. Also how depressing is it and did it leave it feeling like there would be another?

3 hours ago, snow is the man said:

Does that mean yes or no. Also how depressing is it and did it leave it feeling like there would be another?

That means it's hard to say.

If your expectations are a game where your choices or skill really change the story and lead to very different outcomes, or allowing you to have a strategy leading to success, the answer is no.

If your expectations are a visual novel telling the story of a northern noble family,  in the same tone as the show (perhaps a bit too parallel to the Starks story) and exploiting well the setting, the answer is yes.

Finally about depressing, yes, at this stage the story is mostly a list of bad things happening to this poor family of good guys in an era where the bad guys are in power, if there will likely be pay back / revenge it will happen in the next game(s) of the serie.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2017 at 2:53 AM, Lord Freypie said:

That means it's hard to say.

If your expectations are a game where your choices or skill really change the story and lead to very different outcomes, or allowing you to have a strategy leading to success, the answer is no.

If your expectations are a visual novel telling the story of a northern noble family,  in the same tone as the show (perhaps a bit too parallel to the Starks story) and exploiting well the setting, the answer is yes.

Finally about depressing, yes, at this stage the story is mostly a list of bad things happening to this poor family of good guys in an era where the bad guys are in power, if there will likely be pay back / revenge it will happen in the next game(s) of the serie.

Good stuff, thanks for writing all that up, seriously.

One last question, though:  What are your thoughts about Gared Tuttle vs. Jon Snow?

Hmmm Gared is a talented squire who has no problem beating noname fighters but never gave me the impression to be the ultimate champion, imo he would be toast for show Jon Snow who spent far more time fighting than in books, was involved in big battles and won swordfights against opponents like an Other (and is also probably immortal now).

On the other hand the two having a thick as a dungeon wall plot armor, they'd probably spend days fighting before it's decided. :)

8 hours ago, Lord Freypie said:

Hmmm Gared is a talented squire who has no problem beating noname fighters but never gave me the impression to be the ultimate champion, imo he would be toast for show Jon Snow who spent far more time fighting than in books, was involved in big battles and won swordfights against opponents like an Other (and is also probably immortal now).

On the other hand the two having a thick as a dungeon wall plot armor, they'd probably spend days fighting before it's decided. :)

Very interesting.  Up above, I took Jon Snow's plot armor into account, but not Gared Tuttle's.

Perhaps that was an oversight on my part.

But in any event, I don't see how Tuttle's plot armor could be anywhere near as thick as Jon's.  The Battle of the Bastards was one of the most incredible things I've ever witnessed.   Without his plot armor, I believe Jon would have been dead dozens and dozens of times over in the space of just a few minutes.  I was half-expecting the ghost of Rhaegar to rise from the grave to rush to his side to defend him!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Archived