top character

dakingindanorf10101

hey everyone new member here xxxx I've just finished reading the first book and saw all the seasons last December and it's the best thing ever along with harry potter ;) 

I love all the characters excepts for sansa and Joffrey those two are so god damn annoying) anyway I've heard the fans are very divided when it comes to their fave character ( mine is daenerys, jon and davos) so I wanna know who your fave character is

I also wanna know who is generally more liked on this archive and in the whole fandom in general. is it jon or ned or daenerys or sansa etc ( don't know why anyone would like someone as dull as sansa but anyway..)

1 hour ago, dakingindanorf10101 said:

hey everyone new member here xxxx I've just finished reading the first book and saw all the seasons last December and it's the best thing ever along with harry potter ;) 

I love all the characters excepts for sansa and Joffrey those two are so god damn annoying) anyway I've heard the fans are very divided when it comes to their fave character ( mine is daenerys, jon and davos) so I wanna know who your fave character is

I also wanna know who is generally more liked on this archive and in the whole fandom in general. is it jon or ned or daenerys or sansa etc ( don't know why anyone would like someone as dull as sansa but anyway..)

Aegon

1 - Welcome

2 - If you have only read the first book, be careful here as spoilers abound

3 - The show and the books are very different, there are forums dedicated to each.  This is the book forum.

4. Wyman Manderly or Lyanna Mormont.

5 - I don't think there is one person who is liked most by the fandom.  It's a very diverse group with each character having a fan base.  With that there is severe disagreement all the time.  But, for the most part, I think people try to keep thinks somewhat civil.

18 minutes ago, LyrnaSnowBunnyAvenger said:

1 - Welcome

2 - If you have only read the first book, be careful here as spoilers abound

3 - The show and the books are very different, there are forums dedicated to each.  This is the book forum.

4. Wyman Manderly or Lyanna Mormont.

5 - I don't think there is one person who is liked most by the fandom.  It's a very diverse group with each character having a fan base.  With that there is severe disagreement all the time.  But, for the most part, I think people try to keep thinks somewhat civil.

I totally agree with the poster has said here.  People argue, mostly politely, ad infinitum over the same characters, especially over the prime protagonists, i.e. Jon, Dany, Arya, Tyrion etc.  I would add Stannis to this and Sandor.  Just about everyone has a strong opinion about these and the fandom is very polarised on loving or hating them (well maybe those are strong words but I can see these characters especially) instill a lot of emotion (positive or negative).  Now, yes there are differences between the characterisation of many in the show and the books.  Also, yes, be aware of spoilers for both media as a lot of us have read the books several times and watched the show several times too.  Also, even in the books characters evolve a fair bit, so you may want to ask instead something on the lines of "who was your favourite character in this book?" if you really want to avoid people talking about their subsequent development.

To answer your question though, my fav character in the first book was Ned but I guess George paid him a lot of attention.  Although I do like some very minor characters I have difficulties with some who were introduced much later unless they have a really gregarious personality that catches my attention.  Unfair, I know, but likes and dislikes aren't always totally rational and our own experiences do shape our preferences a lot.

Overall, I would say my definitely favourite is Tyrion.  He is as popular with readers as he is unpopular to be honest.  People are very divided about him, for example.

Jaime has undergone a lot of development so it would not be fair to say too much here.  As for Sansa, for instance, at first I much preferred Arya but they have both developed considerably since (Arya more so but Sansa very much on the way to being very different to what she was too), so yes, in my humble opinion she gets a lot more interesting.That's probably we you find it odd that she is amongst many people's favourites when in the first books she was portrayed as somewhat dull.

Happy reading and welcome! :)

8 hours ago, dakingindanorf10101 said:

Daenerys Targaryen is my favorite. 

Well, when I read Arya's and Sansas chapter of TWOW I fell in love with these characters although previous to reading those chapters I found Arya really annoying and Sansa even more so.

Dany has the potential to become a top character but in the present, she is a bit tiring with all her ruling at the Mereen 

Bran is the same with Dany.I think he will surprise us at the end.

Tyrion is a top character due to his intelligence and witty jokes

Artur Dayne.Alhough we didn't see much of him, I enjoyed his fighting skills and I won't lie I liked the actor who played him so that was a bonus as well:wub:

Ned was a lovable character

I really like Ariana and the Sand snakes(from the books!!!!!)

And lastly, i like Bronn. Minor character but he is one of the kind:D

Archived