so did anyone else find sansa's temporary marriage arrangment to her half brother creepy.

snow is the man

Her half brother robert was set to marry her for a time in a feast for crows if I remember right. I am realtively new to the hame of thrones world in terms of the books but I haven't heard anyone mention this. And how weird it was that sansa was completly fine with it even in her thoughts. It was never treated as something strange.

Edit-Sorry made a mistake he is her cousin not half brother. Still nasty but in game of thrones world accepted.

I like how well Sansa is able to manipulate him as it finally shows the character growing. In this case though, the manipulation isn't a bad thing as it's hard to get Sweetrobin to do anything he doesn't want to. But I find him to be creepy in general and add him to the list of Sansa's unfortunate betrothal options.

I think this was Lysa Arryn's attempt to play the Game of Thrones. She gets a compliant wife for her son, she protects her niece, and she can have vague ambitions to bring the North under her rule. A little creepy, but not unknown, as both the Starks and the Lannisters have marriages to cousins in their background.

Cousin marriage is also common enough in our own world. If you want to get into a really creepy one, look up a guy called Carlos, Prince of Asturias.

Archived