So where would you live ?

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/23/2017 at 3:24 AM, averde said:

Central reach, it seems like the most viable place in terms of survivability in a medieval setting. 

I'd want to choose the Reach and Oldtown too. But which part is the safest in this world? It seems that all of Westeros is really under threat from war and WW, except maybe for Dorne (but they will get WW too). I want to choose Essos but there's too much slavery and Dothraki. I might choose Asshai if I can do magic. At least I'll get to know amazing things. 

• 2 months later...

This will probably surprise quite a many of you but I would choose Gulltown. Reasons:

1. No mountain clans
2. No silly wars being fought 
3. No major noble house(I know House Grafton is there but they are politically weak) 
4. A major city means many opportunities
5. Good connectivity(can run off to Braavos if shit hits the fan)
6. Mild temperature if not a bit humid due to sea.

If I was a regular commoner?

In Westeros, it'd either be Sunspear or White Harbor. As a matter of fact, if you can stomach the heat (most people can), Dorne is the best place to live in the entire continent. Living in a town on the Greenblood or on the coastal areas of Saltshore, Ghost Hill or Lemonwood. It'd be almost paradise.

The Arbor, Oldtown and the surrounding areas also seem nice but the Ironborn are currently making life (or will be making) for the smallfolk there absolutely terrible.

Outside Westeros, I'd want to live in the Summer Islands or Braavos.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

As a major book lover I'd love to be in the Citadel... But as I am female, I wouldn't be allowed lol... So Sunspear it is. Or anywhere in Dorne, really. Equality and no winter, at least until the Others decide to show up.

Archived