So where would you live ?

The Summer Islands. Far far away from the wars of Westeros, Ironborn, Mountain Tribes, Dothraki and probably not too threatened by slavers either.

But in Westeros...I don't really like warm weather too much but the North seems too far to the other end of the spectrum. The Riverlands and Vale seem best climate-wise but the Riverlands gets boned in every war and the Vale involves lots of hiking and dealing with tribesmen. So maybe White Harbour would be best?

Stormlands. Stannis seems to be by far the best lord in the South when it comes to treatment of common folk. Another option is North, but since I'm from southern Croatia I think it might be too dreary and bleary for me.

The Neck: largely unmapped, can’t be invaded by armies, plus interesting flora and fauna... and from time to time you might get the chance to shoot arrows at some Freys who make the mistake to come to close to your lands

• 2 months later...

As a random commoner, in which Westerossi city/kingdom would you settle ?

Of course you're free to imagine being a hedge knight, a wandering merchant, a simple peasant, a respectable lord, or what you want.

I will be an average citizen of Oldtown. The Hightowers seem quite rich, so the people of Oldtown  must earn a lot to afford high taxes

On 5/26/2019 at 11:04 AM, Aldarion said:

Stormlands. Stannis seems to be by far the best lord in the South when it comes to treatment of common folk. Another option is North, but since I'm from southern Croatia I think it might be too dreary and bleary for me.

Aside from Davos we havent seen him interact with the common folk that i recal

• 5 weeks later...

I would like to say Braavos, but the weather isn’t that appealing.

Probably Vahar. Rich from the spice trade, tropical climate, and as far as we know far, far away from any expansionist polities.

Since I’m a commoner in this scenario, I see myself becoming a clerk for some spice merchant.

Archived