Gamergaters Please attempt to claim this isn't objectification

Ser Scot A Ellison

Here you go:

https://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/07/japans-latest-popular-online-game-has-anthropomorphic-battleships/

I would love for someone who is part of GG who claims that Videogames don't objectify women explain how anthropomorphic anime battleships that the players pay real money to "marry" is not clearly objectification of women.

Just now, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

Yes, but Gamergaters claim they don't.  

I guess I'll have to take your word on it that the collective who calls themselves 'Gamergaters' hive mind all believe this.

Whatever side that complained about female video game characters won big time, they should stop complaining. 

Video games now have FAR more restrictions and taboos for what they are allowed to do with a female character than ANY other entertainment medium and it's not even close.

The results of those campaigns have left us nothing but boring and lifeless female video game characters with zero personality. But hey, the complainers got what they wanted, victory on them.

14 minutes ago, DunderMifflin said:

Whatever side that complained about female video game characters won big time, they should stop complaining. 

Video games now have FAR more restrictions and taboos for what they are allowed to do with a female character than ANY other entertainment medium and it's not even close.

The results of those campaigns have left us nothing but boring and lifeless female video game characters with zero personality. But hey, the complainers got what they wanted, victory on them.

This is such a stupidly ridiculous critique.  What restrictions are you talking about?  What taboos?  Who is doing the critiquing?  Why have these contributed to characters having zero personality, and how does that contrast to them being more objectified?

As-is, the above comment is completely meaningless.

Archived