Gamergaters Please attempt to claim this isn't objectification

Ser Scot A Ellison

4 hours ago, Yagathai said:

DM: Oh! I'm sorry if I was misunderstood. Please allow me to clarify: When I said you were a bigot but not like Hitler is a bigot, I 100% meant that. It was not a joke. 

I think that you are a bigot, DM, as you have aptly proven here in this thread and otherwise. I think it's an unfortunately common, defensive, and ignorant kind of bigotry born from the cognitive dissonance created when insecurity meets insufficiently considered beliefs, and not the burning-crosses kind of bigotry, but it's bigotry nonetheless.

Something something Hitler.

Look, when you flippantly and irresponsibly throw these inflammatory terms like "bigot" or "racist" or "homophobe" or anything of that nature at people, It's serious and not to be used as a toy just because you don't like someone or what someone says.
And please don't try to kid yourself,  that is what you are doing here.
Yes it is Yes it is and YES it is
These labels tend to want to stick regardless if they are true or not. And you don't deserve to have that sort of power over  someone merely because you think they are a bigot.
ESPECIALLY when your charge is backed up with vague bullshit that wouldn't even hold up in the kangarooest of courts like "you've proven to be a bigot" and "insecure and ignorant"

furthermore you cheapen the meaning of these terms and why they have such impact until you eventually turn people that would once coming running to fight the real bigotry into people that just eyeroll at your flimsy accusations.

I can only imagine that Scott did this on purpose. The only better way to capture gamergate lunatics than using well-thought-out and researched criticisms of sexism in video games is giving badly thought-out and uninformed criticisms of sexism in video games.

44 minutes ago, polishgenius said:

I can only imagine that Scott did this on purpose. The only better way to capture gamergate lunatics than using well-thought-out and researched criticisms of sexism in video games is giving badly thought-out and uninformed criticisms of sexism in video games.

Lol.

Problem is, no gamergate lunatics turned up

18 hours ago, Theda Baratheon said:

I'm almost certain Full Metal Alchemist is set in a European type world and the same with Attack on Titan because it's a significant that one of the characters is half japanese in that.

There are many many examples, and unfortunately I only have three minutes to type this message before leaving home...

Take Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl, Gunsmith Cats, most characters in Monster (though not the main one), some characters in Cowboy Bebop (Faye is explicitly a Gipsy)... etc.

Others are very obviously Japanese like in Kenshin, Samourai Champloo, Basilisk, Neon Genesis Evangelion (except Asuka), Death Note, Code Geass, GTO, Ghost in the Shell (yes, almost everyone IS Japanese in there), Akira, Gantz... etc.

Some are set in European-like settings like Berserk, Claymore, FMA, Attack on Titan... etc.

Basically most animes are pretty explicit about the ethnicity of their characters. You just have to... Watch them.

I've just spent three minutes showing how much of a geek I am.

23 minutes ago, Rippounet said:

There are many many examples, and unfortunately I only have three minutes to type this message before leaving home...

Take Hellsing, Gunslinger Girl, Gunsmith Cats, most characters in Monster (though not the main one), some characters in Cowboy Bebop (Faye is explicitly a Gipsy)... etc.

Others are very obviously Japanese like in Kenshin, Samourai Champloo, Basilisk, Neon Genesis Evangelion (except Asuka), Death Note, Code Geass, GTO, Ghost in the Shell (yes, almost everyone IS Japanese in there), Akira, Gantz... etc.

Some are set in European-like settings like Berserk, Claymore, FMA, Attack on Titan... etc.

Basically most animes are pretty explicit about the ethnicity of their characters. You just have to... Watch them.

I've just spent three minutes showing how much of a geek I am.

Dude we are ALL geeks here 

Archived