NBA 2017: Take That For Data - MVP Edition

Relic

5 hours ago, Maithanet said:

He could go back to New Orleans.  I know it's not going to happen, but the Big Three of Davis/Paul/Cousins would be awesome.  Would either succeed spectacularly or fail spectacularly, but either way it would be epic.

This is the thought I had soon after the Cousins trade.  All they really need is a PG.  And Paul could try to get the same "Homecoming" PR bounce that LeBron got!

Seriously though, what options are there for the Clippers guys?  Would they jettison all three?  Keep one?  Keep two?  I know there was a lot of talk of Griffin to OKC, but some salary cap talk says its not workable.  Could CP3 finally get his original LA destination and go to the Lakers?  I do think the Spurs would be the best destination for him if he wants to go to one of the current elites.  (Maybe Kawhi could do the State Farm commercials with him...)  Do they keep Jordan?

2 minutes ago, Rhom said:

This is the thought I had soon after the Cousins trade.  All they really need is a PG.  And Paul could try to get the same "Homecoming" PR bounce that LeBron got!

Except Lebron is from Ohio, just south of Cleveland, and he strongly identified with the desire to win one for his home town.  Chris Paul is from North Carolina, and has no ties to New Orleans other than being drafted there. 

Leonard-Paul-Aldridge is a good enough trio to win a championship, and the Spurs always have depth to go with it.  That would be a fun WCF, with Paul vs Curry, Aldridge vs Draymon, Leonard vs Durant and Klay vs Green.  Not sure who I'd give the edge to, that Spurs team would be very physical and probably deeper than GSW. 

4 minutes ago, Commodore said:

I think HOU-SAS could be a blowout in favor of Houston

Spurs struggled against a middling Grizzlies team

You might think so, but the Spurs have a way of being a tough match up for certain teams while struggling with others.

Spurs won the season series 3-1 (winning both games in Houston).

11 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

Leonard-Paul-Aldridge is a good enough trio to win a championship, and the Spurs always have depth to go with it.  That would be a fun WCF, with Paul vs Curry, Aldridge vs Draymon, Leonard vs Durant and Klay vs Green.  Not sure who I'd give the edge to, that Spurs team would be very physical and probably deeper than GSW. 

Damn, that would be a scary starting 5. 

1 hour ago, DunderMifflin said:

Paul definately outshined all his peers that were drafted around the same time as he was. They were the class that coined the phrase "golden age of point guards"

Anybody remember when the debate was - Who is the best pg in the league, Deron Williams or Chris Paul?

Yeah I remember that well. And with where they ended up, it seems hilarious in retrospect this was once a conversation. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Fair enough.

Also, when you're having a disagreement with another person about "who is better, X or Y?", you don't fall back with nuance, you turn it up to 11 and savage them! 

Kevin Garnett would be rolling around IN HIS GRAVE if he could see what his beloved Timberwolves have become. 

1 hour ago, Rhom said:

Seriously though, what options are there for the Clippers guys?  Would they jettison all three?  Keep one?  Keep two?  I know there was a lot of talk of Griffin to OKC, but some salary cap talk says its not workable.  Could CP3 finally get his original LA destination and go to the Lakers?  I do think the Spurs would be the best destination for him if he wants to go to one of the current elites.  (Maybe Kawhi could do the State Farm commercials with him...)  Do they keep Jordan?

My guess is Paul and Jordan stay and Griffin ends up being part of a sign and trade to someone who's willing to take the chance they might end up with the next Amare.

Someone wake up Phil Jackson - Carmelo for Blake, let's do this. 

1 hour ago, Jaime L said:

Someone wake up Phil Jackson - Carmelo for Blake, let's do this. 

It's gonna be a three way deal and the Knicks will end up with Enis Kanter. Watch. 

4 minutes ago, Relic said:

It's gonna be a three way deal and the Knicks will end up with Enis Kanter. Watch. 

Nothing like having a dominant center with post moves to pair with your 7'4" swing man. 

6 minutes ago, Relic said:

Would you be happy with Kanter + some assets for Melo? Kanter sucks, but at least then the rebuild around Porzingis could begin in earnest.

1 hour ago, sperry said:

Would you be happy with Kanter + some assets for Melo? Kanter sucks, but at least then the rebuild around Porzingis could begin in earnest.

Happy? No. Resigned to the never ending misery that comes with loving the Knicks? Yup.

For context, the Knickerbockers traded Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, a 2014 first-round pick, and the swap first round rights in 2016 for Melo and a broken down Billups. Turning all of that into Enis Kanter is a classic Knick move.

5 minutes ago, Relic said:

Happy? No. Resigned to the never ending misery that comes with loving the Knicks? Yup.

For context, the Knickerbockers traded Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, a 2014 first-round pick, and the swap first round rights in 2016 for Melo and a broken down Billups. Turning all of that into Enis Kanter is a classic Knick move.

You would get something in addition to Kanter. The Thunder only have two assets, that being a first round pick this year and Domantas Sabonis, a lottery pick from last year they got in the Ibaka trade.

Cavs looking complete. I expect that Deron Williams will be a X-factor at some point. Kyrie will have a few down games and I just see Deron playing better with James, than he has the last few years. Korver will have a fewndeecent games and the Big Three have been looking good and comfortable, and I think that's important. Look to be coming together at right time.

I just got home.

The internet must be broken. I just checked the score of the Spurs/Rockets game and Google says the score is Rockets ahead 73 - 45. Pretty funny huh? Google's stat keeper must be drunk or something.

Bwahahahaha! Now it's saying 80 - 45 Google u so crazy

Archived