NBA 2017: Take That For Data - MVP Edition

Relic

15 hours ago, Slurktan said:

He did have a performance like that in an elimination game.  He supposedly had a good reason for it (Delonte West banging his Mom) but he most certainly had a terrible close out game against the Celtics in.... either 09 or 10.  Who knows maybe Delonte West struck again and thats why the Beard was so out of it.

And LeBron was hammered for that performance.  Justifiably so, because he visibly quit against the Celtics.

21 hours ago, Triskan said:

Anyone have confirmation that Jaime is alive?  I'm pretty sure the Washington basketball franchise has not been a game away from a conference finals in his lifetime.  

I am and still in shock - that's the kind of game the Wizards never win. The whole last two minutes from when the Wizards were down 5 were incredibly improbable. Basically required Beal and Wall to both make 3's late when the former was 0/7 from distance up until that final one and Wall basically had no touch all night. Even more improbably Kelly Oubre made a smart play to neutralize what was very likely to have been a Brad Stevens game-winning out of bounds play. 

Wall gets to be the hero, but Bradley Beal won that game by providing scoring when no-one else could do shit - which was pretty much the whole game. Wall was awful in the first half. Still super satisfying to see the young backcourt put up a combined 43 points in the 2nd half to scratch and claw to extend the season at least a couple more days. Was pretty much the exact opposite of what Harden did. 

21 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

I imagine Sir Jaime in his his cups right about now.

Always a safe bet. 

3 hours ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

My prediction, i think Wizards will take Game 7......handily.

Man I hope so - I'm still nervous AF. I still think even with that Wall dagger, the Wizards are underdogs. I don't think this Celtics team will be fazed by that. The big issue is the Celtics have owned them at home. Wizards have only won one road game all playoffs and that required Wall and Beal combining for 73 points against Atlanta. I think they'll need to do the same to beat the Celtics in Boston.

I'm traveling to the UK tomorrow and it just kills me that I'm gonna miss game 7. Also missed Warriors-Cavs Game 7 by being in the UK last year. I'm the fucking worst.

18 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

Man I hope so - I'm still nervous AF. I still think even with that Wall dagger, the Wizards are underdogs. I don't think this Celtics team will be fazed by that. The big issue is the Celtics have owned them at home. Wizards have only won one road game all playoffs and that required Wall and Beal combining for 73 points against Atlanta. I think they'll need to do the same to beat the Celtics in Boston.

I'm traveling to the UK tomorrow and it just kills me that I'm gonna miss game 7. Also missed Warriors-Cavs Game 7 by being in the UK last year. I am the fucking worst in my timing. 

I feel like that dagger by Wall will have a huge impact on him and the Wizards as a whole. It feels like, to me, that was a hump Wall needed to get over. I think his play and confidence is sky high right now. And, its what will be enough to get the win. 

17 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

I am and still in shock - that's the kind of game the Wizards never win. 

Seriously... They were up by 2 with 3:00 mins or so to go.  Gave up 7 points and then committed a charge, so all of a sudden, Celtics were up by 5, had the ball with 1:30 to go...And I was thinking:  This is exactly what happens to Wizards (or really, all of Washington sports teams...)

Then they made one clutch play after another, both on offence and defense!  It was unbelievable. And it was not like Celtics chocked either, they also had 2-3 very good plays it that last minute, 

17 minutes ago, Michael Seswatha Jordan said:

I feel like that dagger by Wall will have a huge impact on him and the Wizards as a whole. It feels like, to me, that was a hump Wall needed to get over. I think his play and confidence is sky high right now. And, its what will be enough to get the win. 

Yeah, for as great as Wall has been all season he really doesn't have a ton of game-winners under his belt. It's the one big thing Isaiah has over him...at least until last night. Hopefully that's the final key that unlocks the best version of John Wall in game 7 - the kind of Lebron "FU - I'm the best player on the floor and you're not stopping me" mentality.

23 minutes ago, aeu said:

Seriously... They were up by 2 with 3:00 mins or so to go.  Gave up 7 points and then committed a charge, so all of a sudden, Celtics were up by 5, had the ball with 1:30 to go...And I was thinking:  This is exactly what happens to Wizards (or really, all of Washington sports teams...)

Then they made one clutch play after another, both on offence and defense!  It was unbelievable. And it was not like Celtics chocked either, they also had 2-3 very good plays it that last minute, 

That's a really good point. Celtics didn't wilt. Expected Isaiah's late 5 point flurry to be the dagger in a game where it was so tough to get buckets. And even after that Horford and Bradley both made clutch shots. And somehow the Wizards stole it anyway and I'm still not entirely sure how. 

4 minutes ago, Relic said:

If this entire Wars/Spurs series goes like the first 10 minutes of the first quarter of Game 1 I'd shit my pants with happiness. 

Blech. :angry:

Sloppy ass quarter for the Dubs. 6 turnovers and some really bad rushed shots here at the end of the quarter. Time to get Kerr on the horn.

24 minutes ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Heh. Kawhi goes out with a turned ankle about halfway through the 3rd and the Warriors quickly cut the lead to 7. Looks like we finally have us a game.

Who woulda thunk taking Kawhi out with a dirty move would make the game easier? Certainly not Zaza. 

Archived