NFL 2017 - The Afterdraft

Howdyphillip

44 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, THE FIRST GAME IS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's all rejoice is this disgusting sport we love!!!!!!!!

I, for one, am super excited to see the Cardinals not only play ZERO starters, but also hold out backup QB Drew Stanton so they can trot out 3rd string QB sensation Blaine "The Pain Train" Gabbert for the first series, which I have no issue with them doing so at all. This HOF game is pure NFL greed at its finest...ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Tannehill just went down with a non-contact knee injury. 

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Sounds like it was the knee he hurt last year.

Probably the knee that Tannehill hasn't even been interested in talking about with the team or the media because, in his words, "It's FINE!!!" 

57 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

I, for one, am super excited to see the Cardinals not only play ZERO starters, but also hold out backup QB Drew Stanton so they can trot out 3rd string QB sensation Blaine "The Pain Train" Gabbert for the first series, which I have no issue with them doing so at all. This HOF game is pure NFL greed at its finest...ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

Ba-Ump, Ba-Ba-Ump, Ba-Ba-Ump, Ump, Ump!

Really compelling article in the Player's Tribune by former NFL O-lineman Eugene Monroe regarding pain, pain-killing medication, and cannibis...

https://theplayerstribune.com/eugene-monroe-nfl-opioids-cannabis-my-body-remembers/?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=website&utm_content=link&ICID=ref_fark

/Good stuff, Maynard. Check it out.

3 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Also, THE FIRST GAME IS TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's all rejoice is this disgusting sport we love!!!!!!!!

You just don't understand ok? The league loves me! I deserved it, I should have known better! I won't press charges, I won't!

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Tannehill just went down with a non-contact knee injury. 

I for one think that the Dolphins would be much more fun to watch with Kaepernick at QB than Tannehill.  Tannehill is garbage.  Kaep isn't really much better, but I'm sure that team would be a hell of a lot more fun to watch than the Tannehill Check-Down Express.

36 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

You just don't understand ok? The league loves me! I deserved it, I should have known better! I won't press charges, I won't!

I should laugh, but I did.

How are you feeling about your thawed out cro-magnon?

1 hour ago, briantw said:

I for one think that the Dolphins would be much more fun to watch with Kaepernick at QB than Tannehill.  Tannehill is garbage.  Kaep isn't really much better, but I'm sure that team would be a hell of a lot more fun to watch than the Tannehill Check-Down Express.

Endless bubble screens don't do it for you?

43 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I should laugh, but I did.

How are you feeling about your thawed out cro-magnon?

Apocalyptic. That dude ain't playing week 1, and I doubt he will ever be like year 1-3 again.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

I think that's a little harsh. Tannehill isn't great, but he isn't terrible either. He's firmly in the third tier with 10-12 other interchangeable QBs, including Kaep. That said, if he's hurt, they've got to sign Kaep if they want any hope of being relevant. 

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Apocalyptic. That dude ain't playing week 1, and I doubt he will ever be like year 1-3 again.

I think he still has a chance to recover his career, but he will certainly have a down year this season. I really hope 10 years from now we're not looking back and seeing that his career was derailed by injuries. Andrew Luck is the best prospect coming out of college that I've ever seen. And so far the Colts have completely let him down. 

4 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I think that's a little harsh. Tannehill isn't great, but he isn't terrible either. He's firmly in the third tier with 10-12 other interchangeable QBs, including Kaep. That said, if he's hurt, they've got to sign Kaep if they want any hope of being relevant. 

I'm not saying that Kaep is definitively better, just that I think he'd be much more entertaining in that offense with those weapons than Game Manager Tanehill is.  

6 minutes ago, briantw said:

I'm not saying that Kaep is definitively better, just that I think he'd be much more entertaining in that offense with those weapons than Game Manager Tanehill is.  

That's fair, and I think people are overstating Kaep's decline. He was decent last year on a terrible team, and while he was dreadful in 2015, he was also apparently really hurt. Plus, that was the Jim Tomsula Experience year.

I was having lunch with a guy today who is in a similar mold of those of us who frequent here and when talking about the Cards not playing a single starter for the HoF game he joked "isn't it great being a fan of a sport so violent the players don't even want to participate in exhibition games?"

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

While I have not changed my feelings on your team or its owner, I do feel sad about Andrew Luck. The league (and the AFC) are worse off without him.

22 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

While I have not changed my feelings on your team or its owner, I do feel sad about Andrew Luck. The league (and the AFC) are worse off without him.

Yeah. But if I'm honest I'd rather have a drug addled wreck owning my fave team than a Trumpet. ;)

5 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

Given the OC, I think Cutler is probably the best option if he's anywhere remotely near in shape.  Kaep is probably number 2 on the list though (1 if Cutler not remotely near in shape).  

Archived