NFL 2017 - The Afterdraft

Howdyphillip

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Didn't Cutlerfuck already take a broadcasting gig?

Word is that he will be calling the Bears opener. I've already decided that in the absence of a sufficiently compelling early game, that will be my primary focus.

30 minutes ago, briantw said:

If Jay Cutler is the answer, you asked the wrong question.

I may be half way to upside down right now, but Jay Cutler with a Dolphin on his helmet makes Miami an instant threat to be watchable without fifteen Vicodin per play.

Seriously, I'm wracking my brain to think of why they wouldn't be a great candidate to make the play off Broadway when they visit the Jets. 

Name one team more likely to go 19 for 220 in penalties/yards in a game.

The Dolphins have always been the most feisty anti-pats team in the east, I could easily see Cutler dropping 60 on a carton of cigarettes across from Gillette.

If anybody is gonna get that 6th seed in the AFC, Jay Cutler is the man I trust to be glaring at them from across the field in a win-and-you're-in week 17 game.

10 hours ago, JonSnow4President said:

Given the OC, I think Cutler is probably the best option if he's anywhere remotely near in shape.  Kaep is probably number 2 on the list though (1 if Cutler not remotely near in shape).  

Cutler wants to be paid like a high end starter though. They could probably get Kaep for $5m a year. Value is every bit as important as talent. 

Also, looks like Tannehill is done for the year. Skipping surgery in the offseason turned out to be a huge mistake. 

14 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah. But if I'm honest I'd rather have a drug addled wreck owning my fave team than a Trumpet. ;)

Harsh. But out of respect for the memory of your team's relevance, I will let it pass. B)

9 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Harsh. But out of respect for the memory of your team's relevance, I will let it pass. B)

Yeah, we will see who's laughing in 10 years when Brady retires with only 17 rings to his name.

Three little piggies gonna be sad. :P

47 minutes ago, sperry said:

Cutler is a solid quarterback. The problem has been the Bears, not him.

Cutler is immensely talented, but his shortcomings are not entirely on the Bears. Almost all accounts indicate that he was a bad leader, had a tendency to be a locker room cancer and had a sub par work ethic. 

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yeah, we will see who's laughing in 10 years when Brady retires with only 17 rings to his name.

I'd honestly just to make it through the next year or three without President Gaslight getting us all killed, poisoned, or sold to a Russian cartel to settle his debts.

Hey, how about that Tannehill injury though. This was totally the year he was going to put it all together, too.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

Cutler wants to be paid like a high end starter though. They could probably get Kaep for $5m a year. Value is every bit as important as talent. 

Also, looks like Tannehill is done for the year. Skipping surgery in the offseason turned out to be a huge mistake. 

On the Kaep to Miami front, didn't he piss off like half of the state of Florida by wearing a Castro t-shirt or comments about things he liked about Cuba last year? That would probably be a non-starter for him landing there.

46 minutes ago, Joe Pesci said:

On the Kaep to Miami front, didn't he piss off like half of the state of Florida by wearing a Castro t-shirt or comments about things he liked about Cuba last year? That would probably be a non-starter for him landing there.

Yeah, but he claimed it was a Malcolm X shirt that happened to have Castro on it. Anyways, it's only the old Cubans that were really offended. 

28 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

We must make Concussiongate a thing!

You know, as painful as it was, I went back and watched that Superbowl again last weekend. Tommy Watermelons took an absolute beating in that game. Not sure what his concussion history was up until that game, but there's no way you can tell me he wasn't concussed during that game. I just hope he walks away before he catches another serious blow to the head.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

You know, as painful as it was, I went back and watched that Superbowl again last weekend. Tommy Watermelons took an absolute beating in that game. Not sure what his concussion history was up until that game, but there's no way you can tell me he wasn't concussed during that game. I just hope he walks away before he catches another serious blow to the head.

I'm surprised he didn't retire. That would have been a BAMF way to end his career. 

13 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I have a hard time believing Seattle wouldn't have signed him if he was willing to settle for $5M a year.  That's perfectly legitimate backup money, and a fairly good fit behind Wilson.  I think he's a premium backup for the mobile QBs though (much less so for the Staffords of the world)

I had another Dolphins fan tell me he prefers Matt Moore to Jay Cutler.  I thought he was crazed but can anyone make that case?  

As far as Kaep goes, why did he opt out in the first place?

4 minutes ago, mcbigski said:

I had another Dolphins fan tell me he prefers Matt Moore to Jay Cutler.  I thought he was crazed but can anyone make that case?  

As far as Kaep goes, why did he opt out in the first place?

Because the Niners let him know they were letting him go regardless, I believe.

Archived