NFL 2017 - The Afterdraft

Howdyphillip

18 hours ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Sure, it's not unexpected. Doesn't mean it's not also cowardly bullshit. If one QB on a high profile team goes down early this year, how much you want to bet someone puts him on the roster? Pretty sure some owner will break from their "principles" if he's the only option.

And as you and others mentioned earlier in the thread, if he were a better QB, he'd already have been hired. So let's not pretend that this blackballing is principled. 

Couldn't agree more.  For now, the only reason teams can adhere to these "principles" is because they believe they have better (or, at least, adequate) alternatives.  What would have happened with the Dolphins if Cutler had decided to stay retired?  What happens with the Colts if Luck can't play this season, etc.?

As soon as teams feel they don't have a better alternative they'll be forced to take a good, long look at Kaepernick because, let's face it, experienced NFL QBs aren't just falling outta the sky.  Just playing "what if"?  I wonder what would happen if Kaep continues with his protest but gets another shot at starting somewhere and wins?  I winder what the team, the fans, and the NFL would do with that?  After all "winning is the best deodorant", right?   

17 hours ago, Cas Stark said:

That isn't the issue though.  You want it to be that objecting to Kap's various forms of protest is the same as objecting to the issue.  It' isn't.  Not all protests are created equal. Some are dumb.  Some are counter productive.  Some are ill advised.

It wasn't me who said that Kap's Castro T shirt was on message, I gave him credit for being stupid on that one...it was someone else who said that he, Kap wanted revolution against the capitalists and that is shirt reflected his actual beliefs about Castro and the U.S.

What is with you and the Castro shirt?  It's been like 10 posts now and if you actually researched it you'd know that he wore it as a statement about Malcolm X listening and trying to understand.  Which is really ironic given the last few pages....

1 minute ago, aceluby said:

What is with you and the Castro shirt?  It's been like 10 posts now and if you actually researched it you'd know that he wore it as a statement about Malcolm X listening and trying to understand.  Which is really ironic given the last few pages....

My posts are pretty clear if people read the words that are written in them.  

3 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

My posts are pretty clear if people read the words that are written in them.  

Yes, it's clear you don't want to understand what Kaep is presenting.  It's clear that you don't want to listen to the words he says.  It's clear that you want to police people's shirts, socks, and twitter accounts to deflect having a real conversation about real issues.

You're right, your posts are very clear.

30 minutes ago, Rhom said:

MITCHELL TRUBISKY IS THE GREATEST ROOKIE IN THE HISTORY OF FOOTBALL!!!

Sports radio tomorrow in Chicago is going to be FUN!!! Glennon threw a pick 6 on his second attempt and finished with a QB rating of 0.0 while "Trumpisky" (as he's been called from the stereotypical Bears callers) has led them on 2 TD drives and has them inside the 10 as I type.  :D

I was already thinking about how everything on the ESPN radio national feed is going to be about him... but I bet the Chi town stuff will be worse!!!

Might even get interesting in the Bay Area when Hoyer struggles and Niners could have had him.

(Going on record as saying I don't believe Niners will miss him in the end.)

21 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Pump the breaks. The kid looked good.............against third stringers and dudes who won't be in the league in a few weeks. 

Well sure, that's the obvious disclaimer... but that's not what gets hits on talk radio.

16 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Zeke got 6 games. Damn.

Lol Goodell just asking for a fight. That being said, it's the right decision. Send a message that being a shithead off the field isn't going to be acceptable.

12 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Whoa! Sammy the Rammy!!!

In a 3 way trade, the Bills have sent Sammy Watkins to the Rams for Jordan Matthews, acquired separately from the eagles.

According to this it's two seperate trades.

In a somewhat bizarrely executed news drop, the Bills announced the trade of Watkins and a 2018 sixth-round pick for cornerback E.J. Gaines and a 2018 second rounder. Seconds later, the Bills made official the acqusition of Matthews and a 2018 third-rounder from the Eagles for cornerback Ronald Darby.

Are the Bills tanking?  They just picked up a 2nd and 3rd rounder in a couple of minutes, and gave up on two young talented guys. 

2 minutes ago, Maithanet said:

According to this it's two seperate trades.

Are the Bills tanking?  They just picked up a 2nd and 3rd rounder in a couple of minutes, and gave up on two young talented guys. 

Dafuq???

I'm at a loss. Although I will contend that Watkins is a bust, while Darby was the second best player on the team...

4 minutes ago, sperry said:

Also, Leonard Fournette thinks the NFL is going to be easy because he got 31 yards against the Patriots third string. Don't think there's ever been an easier pick for a bust.

I feel like he's gonna be an annual candidate to flirt with 1000 yards as if it's some kind of accomplishment almost entirely on the back of 300 yards accrued against the Colts alone.

1 hour ago, Manhole Eunuchsbane said:

Wow. Time to adjust the Fantasy Draft board, eh?

Yep, if only we had a reporter to break it down for us...........

57 minutes ago, sperry said:

Lol Goodell just asking for a fight. That being said, it's the right decision. Send a message that being a shithead off the field isn't going to be acceptable.

Agreed, though I suspect it will be negotiated down to four games. 

10 minutes ago, sperry said:

Also, Leonard Fournette thinks the NFL is going to be easy because he got 31 yards against the Patriots third string. Don't think there's ever been an easier pick for a bust.

He's more likely to be an injury bust. His style is antithetical to longevity. 

Archived