Evil People

This story is not about good and evil, rather it is about shades of grey.  But there are truly evil people in the story.  My list below represents who I think are evil people in the story.  Please, list your TOP 3 Evil People.

1. Ramsey Bolton
  2. The Slave Masters
  3. Bronn the sellsword
  4. The Faceless Men
  5. Vargo Hoat
  6. Gregor Clegane
  7. Mirri Maz Duur
  8. Arya Stark
  9. Weeper
  10. Euron Greyjoy
  11. Balon Greyjoy
  12. Victarion Greyjoy
  13. Mance Rayder

My Top 3

1. Ramsey Bolton
  2. The Faceless Men
  3. Slave Masters

Why are the Dothraki missing from your list? They do all the nasty things the Slavemasters do and actively destroy others who don't live according to their believes and for loot and profit and think killing members of their own tribe is a great entertainment at weddings. (Is it because they are bootiful nature peoplez? Because no, they really aren't, such an overpopulation of grazing animals is not healthy for an ecosystem.) 
And where are the Ironborn, a whole culture based on raping and plundering?

The Tickler? Tywin? Littlefinger? Lysa? Craster? Cersei? Quyburn? 

I mean I don't like Arya, but calling her "evil" is a huge stretch (especially putting her down as "more evil" than the ones I have mentioned), same with Mirri Maz Dur (Oh no! She killed the horse rapist who slaughtered her whole village and destroyed everything and everyone she knew and loved! What a bitch!)

And what "evil" thing (aside from the theory that he might have done something to upset the Others) has Mance Rayder done?

I mean if we put those three on there, we might as well declare 80% of all characters in the novels "evil".

1 minute ago, DutchArya said:

Can't. It seems Arya is far more evil according to the @Lame Lothar Frey. All their raping and murdering and ripping of women's breasts off...etc Angels.

She's apparently also more evil than Cersei, Quyburn, Khal Drogo, Littlefinger etc.

Please correct me on this, you know her better than me, but I don't think Arya has ever been actively malicious or cruel to anybody?  She has done amoral actions, but evil?

1 hour ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

So, you composed a list of "evil" people, with Arya and Mance Rayder, but without Tywin, Cersei, Craster or Walder Frey? Riiiiiight.

I would leave Walder out of that list.  He had good cause.  

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

She's apparently also more evil than Cersei, Quyburn, Khal Drogo, Littlefinger etc.

Please correct me on this, you know her better than me, but I don't think Arya has ever been actively malicious or cruel to anybody?  She has done amoral actions, but evil?

So you don't think murdering an old man is evil?  I think it is.  I can agree that more people should be on the OP's list but I would not necessarily remove Arya.  She's not top three but she belongs on the list far down.

1. Ramsey
  2. Gregor
  3. The Harpy

1 hour ago, Orphalesion said:

The evil psycho once threw an orange at her sister.

2 hours ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Mirri Maz Duur

Probably the most selfless character in the series. Even if you believe the official narrative that she killed Drogo because he was a raping murdering madman and Rhaego because he was going to be the antichrist, that's still the action of someone willing to sacrifice themselves to fight against evil.

1 hour ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

I would leave Walder out of that list.  He had good cause.  

So you don't think murdering an old man is evil?  I think it is.  I can agree that more people should be on the OP's list but I would not necessarily remove Arya.  She's not top three but she belongs on the list far down.

I would take that post more seriously if it didn't also ask for the removal of Walder Frey because of his "good cause". First of all, he did it for one reason; because Robb had slighted him, which is not exactly a "good cause". Second of all; he still violated the Guest Right, which is very, very serious business. I'm not one of those rabid people who clal for the extermination of the Freys and I can admire the Red Wedding as a relatively bloodless ending to a horrible war, but butchering your guests is an act of evil. 

I would call it amoral, not evil, same with her murder of Dareon. She shouldn't have done either of those things and I hope she will have to atone for them at some point. The difference between her and characters I would call evil is that she doesn't seem to take pleasure in causing pain....yet. Though yeah I can agree with putting her somewhere on the very bottom of the list, together with Robb and Stannis. But if we count any instance of murder, then the list is very, very, very long.

32 minutes ago, Horse of Kent said:

The evil psycho once threw an orange at her sister.

Don't dismiss that, are you forgetting that the orange caused a permanent stain? (OT: isn't it weird how some people try to force double and triple meanings into every little detail in the series yet I have never heard  a theory to a supposed meaning of that stain? Why doesn't that symbolize Sansa being a secret Targaryen or something?)

I can't settle on 3 so here is my 5 including one which surprisingly no one has mentioned:

1. Ramsey- no explanation necessary

2. Joffrey- Are you kidding me, no one else thinks he is evil?

3. Quyburn- he likes his work way too much

4. The Mountain- This guy is pure evil

5. Vargo Hoat- This guy enjoys maiming people

Most of the characters I think as being evil do "evil things" as a means to an end (like Roose). Not many characters are evil for the sake evil. Ramsey is a sadist, the Mountain seems to be a sochiopath, and the Brave Companions seem to enjoy nefarious activities more than most. Guys like Tywin do some evil shit but it's not random and pointless with him.    

I don't see the Faceless Men as evil. They bring peace to people. Also Victarion is not evil, neither Mance.

But if you see all those people as evil, you should include the Sand Snakes. They wanted to kill Tommen.

1 hour ago, Foot_Of_The_King said:

Guys like Tywin do some evil shit but it's not random and pointless with him.    

Doesn't make it any less evil... And really why is the idea of the mustache twirling "evil for the evilz" villain so prevalent? Where, outside of extremely poor fiction, fan fiction or parodies does that trope even get used?

9 hours ago, Lame Lothar Frey said:

Please, list your TOP 3 Evil People.

1)  Slave masters

2)  Night's King

3)  Roose

6 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

Probably the most selfless character in the series. Even if you believe the official narrative that she killed Drogo because he was a raping murdering madman and Rhaego because he was going to be the antichrist, that's still the action of someone willing to sacrifice themselves to fight against evil.

Rhaego was an innocent.  It was wrong to murder him no matter how you look at it.  This is just as bad as the murder of Princess Rhaenys and her mother.  It is a lot worse than the red wedding.

3 hours ago, Tygett Blackwood said:

I don't see the Faceless Men as evil. They bring peace to people. Also Victarion is not evil, neither Mance.

But if you see all those people as evil, you should include the Sand Snakes. They wanted to kill Tommen.

Mance Rayder betrayed the Night's Watch and killed many of his sworn brothers.  He's bad at taking orders.  He's an oathbreaker.  He deserves to be on that list.

Characters who are just flat-out ugly evil, will do whatever they want with not a single fark given; and in all three cases, even enjoy the death and chaos they sow:

1. Ramsay Bolton
2. Littlefinger
3. Varamyr Sixskins

Characters who are crazy evil and not really in full command of their reasoning faculties, which adds an extra edge to their danger:

1. Euron Greyjoy
2. Gregor Clegane
3. Vargo Hoate

Runners-up:

1. Cersei
2. Joffrey
3. Slave Masters
4. Biter
5. Janos Slynt
6. Those warlock dudes in Qarth
7. Qyburn
8. The Weeper