Did Theon murder his children?

1 hour ago, Kaibaman said:

No its been implied in the books that Ramsay castrated Theon. Everything he did to him was to 'dehumanize him'.

It's sort of hinted at as a possibility, but pretty much disproven at latest when Theon really wants to fuck that spearwife until she screams his name, but doesn't dare, because it's probably a trick or something. Whether he dares or not shouldn't have been his first thoguht if that would be true.

There's nothing to indicate that a miller's wife on Stark land who's still young enough to bear children for her husband and seem attractive to a teenager like young Theon could possibly be Ramsey Snow-Bolton's mother. It's not impossible that Theon might have been the sperm-father of one of the miller's boys - but then, it's of very little importance to the story. Folks around here get all bent out of shape by the killing of smallfolk children - and this is part of what we here in the 21st century think of as civilized behavior, which is good. In Westeros, the death of any smallfolk at the hands of the noble-born is nothing, and their children are considered little more than vermin. If Theon feels guilt (which he does), it goes to show he's not entirely depraved like Ramsey is.

40 minutes ago, zandru said:

. In Westeros, the death of any smallfolk at the hands of the noble-born is nothing, and their children are considered little more than vermin. If Theon feels guilt (which he does), it goes to show he's not entirely depraved like Ramsey is.

Well, you seem to contradict yourself here. Either no one cares and Theon reacting how he does proves him to be better than  average lords, or Theon's reaction proves that murder of smallfolk is not considered killing vermin in all of Westeros.

We see a lot of noble characters caring about smallfolk, maybe most famously Edmure Tully, also of course people like Brienne, Arya!! etc. etc. We also see many nobles not caring. There's rather few nobles who think the murder of smallfolk is a fun sports  like Ramsay. Characters obviously see this very, very differently. So no comparison to the 21st century neccessary, just compare the Westerosi amongst each other.

About Theon specifically we learn that he is not as depraved as Ramsay or Tywin, Cersei, Roose, Victarion and others and is not  cut out for murder (even though he seemed to really enjoy killing enemies in war before). So basically he is a good guy, who acted against his nature.

22 hours ago, ftheking said:

That's the show though (in which there is no miller's wife and the boys are orphans) Pretty sure that never happened in the books.

"He has only taken toes and fingers and that other thing, when he might have had my tongue, or peeled the skin off my legs from heel to thigh."

Thats the biggest evidence of castration I've read. 

I doubt if it is ever going to happen. I would really really really like it if someone in an audience somewhere asked Martin the question, "Does Theon still have his dick?"

I tend to look on the bright side. Ramsey probably took off the foreskin.

I definitely think its a possibility. But like everyone else has said, probably wont be confirmed or denied. Just something to speculate about. PJ overthinks this too much imo and seems to think that Stannis, and the Umbers and Mance know. I can't get behind that, and have no reason to see why Stannis or anyone else would really even care if Theon killed his own child.

Archived