Eurovision 2017: Brides and braids...

Mladen

I thought Belgiums entry has potential and I liked her, but the semi performance was really weak and I'm surprised she got through to be honest. 

Didn't think much of Portugal at all really.

Right now my favourite is Moldova! Its such a catchy stupid song, reminds me of everything that Eurovision is.

6 hours ago, marwyn said:

I love the Belgian entry this year. It sounds cool and modern and understated. But you gotta admit the performance was.. not good. As you said, she looked like she really didn't want to be there. And I think the staging was too simple. They should have done something with that ball of light from the clip.

The Netherlands up in the next semi-final. Everyone seems to be confident that we're at least going to make it to the finals :)

Portugal has a really strong entry this year I think.

I do admit her performance was a little weak ^_^ Confidence, my Dame Blanche, confidence!

I do like the simplicity of the staging. While I might have fun with the craziness of Eurovision, I do prefer the more simple acts. 

Ik duim voor mijn geweldige noorderburen  :P;) I really want a Low Countries Singing Battle this saturday :fencing:

6 hours ago, Buckwheat said:

I think we can all just be disappointed that Khal Montenegro didn't make it.

:P

Damn those Eurovision purists... We gave them Stallion that mounts the space, and they rejected him... Not cool, ESC.

I wasn't paying attention to Russia, as I only heard the song months ago and forgot about it. Have to say that it is kinda ironic to celebrate diversity and at the same time, excluding people... 

Interestingly, the only song that I actually, unironically liked (in the sense of actually seeing myself listening to it outside of ESC) is doing pretty well with the bookies! This would be the second jazz waltz (after the Danish entry Dansevisen many years ago) to win.

Score is here, if you want to noodle a bit yourself:  

https://www.scribd.com/document/347812805/Amar-pelos-Dois-Voice-with-Piano-accompaniment-Portuguese-English-translation

5 minutes ago, Datepalm said:

Where chat?

In new life highs/lows, I'm at a public EV screening which is part of a university course on the topic. There will be a lecture later! yay. I think.

https://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=irc.noderunner.net&channel=%23westeros Here.

Exciting, I was at something like that when it was in Vienna.

Oh, the Israeli public broadcasting authority was dismatled in a shock move recently (America, you're probably looking at something like this soon) and apparently the Eurovision is the last thing it will ever show. End times.

I'm not sure Portugals effort even seems to fit the classification of a Eurovision song, except that it sounds very derivative of something you'd hear in post war France. 

I get that it was different but I didn't find it even slightly enjoyable to listen to. Letting what I assume was the writer of the song sing at the end was a lovely touch though.

Moldova were robbed 

Well Eurovision...2017...feedback:

My favoruite ones were, in this order:

First category: Portugal. :commie:The best one by far, and I am happy he won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!followed closely by Italy, with a catchy, happy song. Then...France as well. I loved the song, the special effects, the melody, the performance and the dress.

Second category: Austria, Belgium and Hungary.

Third category: The Netherlands,Australia,Bulgaria, Moldova

Honourable mentions: Spain (a pity he went out of tune bc the song had a happy vibe),Norway,Croatia (preferred him in the semifinales though),Romania ( I didn't like it but in the finale it was catchy), Belorus.

Other songs that I didn't like but that were performed by amazing voices: UK, Poland, Denmark.

The ones I didn't like at all: Greece and Israel.

The one that was missed: Ireland!!

All the songs, in order, from the 26th till the 1st, with the number of points from the adueince and the jury and the classification from both points of view.

On ‎14‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:35 PM, Channel4s-JonSnow said:

I'm not sure Portugals effort even seems to fit the classification of a Eurovision song, except that it sounds very derivative of something you'd hear in post war France. 

I get that it was different but I didn't find it even slightly enjoyable to listen to. Letting what I assume was the writer of the song sing at the end was a lovely touch though.

Moldova were robbed 

She was the composer and also his sister.

• 1 month later...

Archived