Name four characters you would bet money on surviving the series

Canon Claude

We all know that the beast-God of sacrifice which is GRRM cannot find enough blood to sate his appetite, but if you had to pick four characters of which you were certain will live to the epilogue of ADOS, who are they?

My four would have to be Tyrion, Varys, Brienne, and Bran.

11 minutes ago, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Sansa, Bran, Jon (yes, I heard he was stabbed, he'll get better)... gods, how I wish I could say "Arya" here.

Me too, but something in me says no.

PoVs: Asha, Sansa, Davos, Sam.  Bran will be alive within the weirwood.net, our Planetos "Lawnmower Man"

14 minutes ago, winter daughter said:

Just like SR. he is a sickly boy and everyone expects him to die but I think he will survive.

SR maybe, he is just sickly, but Jon Con has a terminal illness.

Arya and Sansa - of the big six their stories seem to be setting them up for leadership after the series ends when Jon and Dany are dead. I can't see GRRM killing Sam, so he and Tyrion can round off my four.

I'm guessing

• Sansa, because she will never do anything dangerous on her own volition, and everyone will be rushing to save the little princess, so she's immortal
  • Bran, possibly in a kind of timeless semi-life underground
  • Tyrion, since he seems to be the Main Character and Hero
  • Littlefinger, because he's the most evil and will always land on his feet, and has taken precautions so that nobody knows this

I'd like to name Jon Snow, but he's apparently already dead, and his cousin Arya, but she's chosen a really dangerous career. The 4 listed above (excluding tyrion) will never see a battlefield or pick up a sword, which can be highly protective.

You have to look and see who has a purpose after the white walkers have been defeated or turned back.  That's not Jon Snow because if he is destined to fight them, then his usefulness is over.  He has a narrow mission.  Same goes for Bran.

The following four should survive because they have a purpose to fulfill:

1. Samwell - To bring fresh, new ideas to the order of the maesters.  I don't expect Marwyn to survive.  Samwell will take his place as the open-minded maester needed to reform the citadel. 
  2. Tyrion - Because of his political knowledge, he could end up Hand of the Queen to rule Westeros on her behalf.  Tyrion is better serving a greater power.  He's talented but he has a drinking problem.  He needs to serve someone he can believe in.
  3. Daenerys - She has plenty of work to do, to reform the Dothraki, transition Slaver's Bay, defeat Volantis.  Basically, she is the Mhysa and the former slaves need her.  Unlike Jon, she doesn't have a narrow mission.  Her overarching goal is to better the lives of former slaves.
  4. Asha - She is the future of the Ironborn.  The Ironborn will need to transition away from piracy.  Theon is not the man to do it.  He doesn't have the strength.  While people mature up and get better, they really do not radically change.  I do not see Theon ever becoming king material. 

Betting money on either Tyrion, Dany or Jon would be throwing it by windows for sure. At least two of them (all of them?) will die some way or another. Tyrion is genius but has been far too lucky until now, Dany's journey is coming to its end. The only one for whom I has some doubts is Jon. How could a character could be brought back to life, prophesied as the savior of the world, rised as the King in the North (at least), and then... die ? This one's fate is very interesting lol.

Whatever :

1) Samwell, the guy is too useless and weak to find his narrative path into death lol, it's a kind of Jon-without-the-strenght

2) Davos, he'll probably be one of the most useful and cool guys in Westeros if he survives. Plus he's in the Jon-OP-squad, so...

3) I'd like than Arya survives, after all the girl get through... but it's probably a bit naïve to bet than she will.

4) For the fourth one, i'll use my joker : Hot Pie will survive. 

I can only think of two that I am certain of, Sam and Gilly.  I am fairly certain that Sansa will be dead, killed probably by LF.  Jon will probably be transformed into a non-human being of some sort.  Tyrion, well, sooner or later his petty and not so petty crimes and misdeeds will catch up to him, he'll mouth off to the wrong person or he'll run into Shae's long lost brother or Jaime will kill him.

Archived