Name four characters you would bet money on surviving the series

Canon Claude

Sansa and Bran. Possibly Arya. I think Sandor and Jon Snow will make it out as well. (yes they're both supposed to be dead but Jon Snow will be resurrected and Sandor will be back. I can't see a young guy like Sandor being happy to spend the rest of his life on an island with monks. Plus he has unfinished business with Sansa.) I can't imagine GRRM killing these two off, bringing them back and then killing them again. 

1 hour ago, sennitakala said:

Sansa and Bran. Possibly Arya. I think Sandor and Jon Snow will make it out as well. (yes they're both supposed to be dead but Jon Snow will be resurrected and Sandor will be back. I can't see a young guy like Sandor being happy to spend the rest of his life on an island with monks. Plus he has unfinished business with Sansa.) I can't imagine GRRM killing these two off, bringing them back and then killing them again. 

I don't buy this argument, not so much the Hound, but Jon Snow could very well have been brought back to fulfill a mission and once the mission is done, so is his time in the world (similar to what happened with Gandalf - he basically died in the mines of Moria with the balrog,yet was brought back for a purpose and when that purpose was filled, his time in middle earth was over). 

I think there's very good chance it will be similar with Jon.

Just re-reading the Oath of the Night's Watch. That's not at all ominous and foreboding.

As long as Sam doesn't end up as Moonglum to Jon's Eternal Champion ( I have a deep distrust of the swords of dragon lords) I'd prefer him to be a Samwise.  

But there's swords and horns and fire and watching on walls...I think it is all in there.

On 5/2/2017 at 9:08 AM, Ferocious Veldt Roarer said:

Sansa, Bran, Jon (yes, I heard he was stabbed, he'll get better)... gods, how I wish I could say "Arya" here.

Me too! It makes me sad even thinking about it.

I think Sansa, Tyrion, Jon Snow, and... I'm drawing a blank. Missandei? Joking. I'll put money on Davos.

Davos is almost certainly dead.

I think Arya will survive, though she could lamely "go west" which is as good as dying IMO, but officially doesn't count as dying.

Theon will be the surviving Greyjoy and rule the Islands for sure, Almost sure.

So I'm going to bet on Arya, Theon and hopefully future defining sweethearts Brienne and Sam plus his wife Gilly.

I imagine the main characters originally mentioned in Martin's letter to his publishes will survive.  Daenerys, Arya, Tyrion, Jon, and Bran.  If I had to narrow it down to four, I would pick Dany, Bran, Tyrion, and Jon.  Arya is the one most likely to die.  She might live on in her direwolf but she is the one likely to die as a human. 

Jon, Sam, Arya, Gendry and some others I suspect. 

It wouldn't be a story if everyone died. Think about how contrived and unrealistic that would be. Hell, there is already precedent for humans surviving the long night. 

21 hours ago, ftheking said:

Davos is almost certainly dead.

I think Arya will survive, though she could lamely "go west" which is as good as dying IMO, but officially doesn't count as dying.

Theon will be the surviving Greyjoy and rule the Islands for sure, Almost sure.

So I'm going to bet on Arya, Theon and hopefully future defining sweethearts Brienne and Sam plus his wife Gilly.

Oh God. I've never given thought to Theon possible ruling. What makes you think that? Would you like it? I'd hate it. 

Of course I like it. He is the heir apparent, a main-ish character and had tons and megatons of character development. It's a pretty easy assumption. What did you think, that he just stumbled into the books by accident and unfortunately just so happened to be Balon's son?

either Asha or Theon. I used to think Theon was definitely going to die but I'm not so sure now.

I agree either Asha or Theon, but her chances are slim. Like was he there since the first chapter to give a really, really thourough introduction to the Greyjoy that actually matters? Pretty sure she'll die for his further character development, since it doesn't make sense the other way round. (no doubt people will complain about the "fridging", but there is no arguing she is not a main character of ASoIaF)

Gendry, Dolorous Edd, Bran (in some shape or form), and Val. 

I don't feel confident in any Targ, Stark, Frey, Lannister, king, or POV (besides tree bran) living. Of course some or most of them surely will. Maybe. I dunno GRRM is wild 

Hotpie

Sam (usually nice fat boys are safe in stories and end up doing something important)

Sansa (Don't really care about her,but anyways..)

Tyrion

But I would gladly sacrifice all the character for the sake of Arya and Jon making it, especially Arya, that kid's been through enough traumas already.:crying:

On 02/05/2017 at 4:47 PM, True.Edged said:

Arya, Sansa, Jaime, and Aegon. 

There's no way he kills Arya, because if he does his wife might just kill him lol

You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

AGOT Arya 1

There is no way Arya will survive. The George might have to endure some sexless weeks or months because of it, but he will survive it.

And now my bet:

Davos, Tyrion, Sam and the risky one, Jaime

1 hour ago, Armand Gargalen said:

You'll be sewing all through winter. When the spring thaw comes, they will find your body with a needle still locked tight between your frozen fingers.

AGOT Arya 1

If you are going to use that quote at least use the whole thing, which shows it is a conditional clause.

Archived