Name four characters you would bet money on surviving the series

Canon Claude

6 hours ago, Winter's Cold said:

Of these five characters the safest one is undoubtedly Bran as he is the most unlikely to be directly involved in any dangerous situations.

This is usually bad reasoning with GRRM. Not that you are wrong. But he tends to kill characters who seem safe, at least for the time being. And keep alive those who "should" die.

Davos for example. Most lords wanted him dead, because he is a former smuggler and an up jumped lord. His team is used to burn people. Melisandre wanted him dead. Stannis sentenced him to death. And Cersei even received his head. But he is still there. And now he is going to a cannibal island. Ned, Robb, Tywin, Joffrey, Renly, Kevan, Will in the prologue. They all died when they seemed out of immediate danger. And Theon is still with us, and we believed him dead for 2 books.

Ser Bronn of the Blackwater, Lord of Stokeworth, and step father of Tyrion.

Seriously, of all the characters in ASOIAF, I think that Bronn is the safest. I wouldn't be surprised if the sellsword ended up seated on the Iron Throne at the end.

Well, you know, bittersweet can happen in many different ways.  It doesn't have to mean the death of the major characters.  It could mean the death of somebody the major character loves, losing a castle/titles/land/gold, exile, imprisonment, etc.  You name it.  The possibilities are endless. 

16 minutes ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Well, you know, bittersweet can happen in many different ways.  It doesn't have to mean the death of the major characters.  It could mean the death of somebody the major character loves, losing a castle/titles/land/gold, exile, imprisonment, etc.  You name it.  The possibilities are endless. 

it could be argued that no matter what happens the ending is already bittersweet, as so much has been lost already

9 minutes ago, Fishb20 said:

it could be argued that no matter what happens the ending is already bittersweet, as so much has been lost already

I'm thinking parts of Westeros will be returned to the CotF and the WWs.  What was once a large kingdom could end up with only the southernmost lands such as Dorne and the Reach.

The best way to fight an army that can raise your dead and add them to theirs is not fight them at all. 

This is a cross-generational saga about kids growing up and changing the world around them. That said, at least some of the main 6 will survive the series. Sansa and Tyrion seem the most logical choice for me. Of the other 4, Bran seems the most likely to survive. And just to throw someone outside the Big 6, let we say Robert Arryn. :D 

It depends how long the Winter is and whether there are other Valyrian style cataclysms. I have been developing a very negative view lately. However,...

I think Tyrion will survive through TWOW but I don't know about being alive at the end. 

Rickon

Cersei could surprise us be alive an in a sept.

Bran alive unless in the upcoming events the last of the greenseers dies and weirwood knowledge lost forever, as part of fighting the Others.

On 7/4/2017 at 4:35 PM, ravenous reader said:

Sam.

Gendry.

Sansa.

Tyrion.

He just won't have the heart to kill Tyrion -- although he should!

You can take Sansa and Tyrion all the way to the bank (one reason why the ironic possibility of them ruling at the end until D+J's son takes over is possible).

Sam also - Sam is the ultimate narrative intelligence of the story (Sam = GRRM).

Gendry's survival fits with his arc.

Definite deaths ("definite" in the sense of aesthetic logic) are of course Jon, Dany, Cersei, Jamie, Euron (grizzly death, surely) and pretty much everyone else.  Bran will be 'other'.  Theon and Davos might also survive I guess.

1.  Sam won't get killed for sure, he may end up doing something stupid and getting himself killed, but no assassination on him.
  2. Arya has been through waaay too much shit to die, and I've heard she is Martin's favorite character, although that dosen't mean much
  3. Sansa
  4. Varys would identify any threat before it could happen. The spider is just too damn smart

Sam, Tyrion, Sandor, Sansa

I don't see how Arya can survive, given the path she seems to take.

Sandor and Sansa will be very much in love while Tyrion go on drinking and self-pitying.

Sam is young GRRM, become maester, and come in our world to tell us the history of his world in order to prepare ourselves to the hatching of the Moon, it is know.

Archived