Would you rather?

Ser Loras The Gay

I'll be the third son of a landed knight. Always room to climb the ladder just a bit.

Would you rather know the joys of love for a brief time before losing it (a la Jon and Ygritte) or settle into a comfortable existence with a spouse you barely get along with for the rest of your life (a la Jon and Lysa minus the poisoning)?

25 minutes ago, James Steller said:

I'll be the third son of a landed knight. Always room to climb the ladder just a bit.

Would you rather know the joys of love for a brief time before losing it (a la Jon and Ygritte) or settle into a comfortable existence with a spouse you barely get along with for the rest of your life (a la Jon and Lysa minus the poisoning)?

Jon and Ygritte. Can't disagree with Tennyson here. 

Would you rather have your own father force you to get rid of your unborn child from the man/woman you love or have your own father violently and physically punish the spouse you married in secret while you watch?

The former. I could still run away with my lover eventually, I guess. 

Would you rather have Randyll Tarly (merciless but efficient) as your lord or something like Eustace Osgrey (passive but lax)? Say their influence and wealth are equivalent. 

1 hour ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Be a loyal Tywin Lannister banner man like Addam Marbrand or be one of Robb Starks banner men like one of Lord Manderly sons.

Why in the world would you ever want to be under Robb when you can have Tywin as a boss? Besides the north is gray and smelly. 

Would you rather be Yezzan's favorite treasure~ or Walder Frey's bed warmer? Either way you won't like it. 

Walder Frey's bed warmer. It seems like they'd be on quick rotation so you'd be out of the job pretty quickly and back to whatever you did before. Plus he won't sell you to someone even worse than he is and you probably won't be inherited by someone when he dies.

At the end of ADWD, would you rather be facing the future as Tommen or Hot Pie?

3 hours ago, Castellan said:

At the end of ADWD, would you rather be facing the future as Tommen or Hot Pie?

Hot pie all the way dude, he's going to live through the story. His pies are magnificient, who would kill someone like that?

Would you rather make the walk of shame or make the KL-Winterfell trip?

Brown Ben and his Second Sons. The Tattered Prince seems a lot more sketchy.

Would you rather ride in a boat (not one of Sallador Saan's) in the Battle of the Blackwater or defend the Riverlands in Edmure's army?

Hmm kind of a losing choice each way and don't like either camp.

I think I'd stick with the throne.

Would you rather be a slave to a not too bad master in Essos or a member of the NW?

Hm. Tough choice.

A Night's Watch member. Because there's less chance of getting whipped. And either way, escape will be hard. 

Not knowing what would happen, would you rather be a common soldier on Tarly's side at the Battle of Ashford or be a defender under Stannis at the siege of Storm's End?

I think, all in all, as a common soldier, I'd rather be under Tarly's leadership than Stannis's, even if a battle sounds a lot more dangerous than a siege.

Edit: No-one seemed to like my question so I'll change it - would you rather be Ironborn (commoner) or a wildling?

Supposing they won't turn on me, the basilisk. Deadlier, I think. 

If you're a commoner in Westeros, WYR come upon a dragon's egg or granted land and a knighthood? 

Archived