Angel Eyes

Who should kill Littlefinger?

34 posts in this topic

I say it should be Sansa. She's suffered the most from him throughout the show without dying, as he betrayed Ned, stood by while Sansa was forced to watch Ned lose his head, sabotaged the Tyrell's plans to marry Sansa to Loras, put Sansa in his power by spiriting her from King's Landing (which in itself not a bad thing), and gift-wrapped her and sent her to Ramsay, who violently raped her for weeks, if not months. She has also been privy to most of his crimes and she can use that to her advantage.

After all, "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Sansa would be appropriate but Bran is the head of his house and his abilities makes him aware of everything. He knows about LF and sansa, her complicancy. Sansa has enabled littlefinger as much as she has been victimized by him. I say Bran warg ghost and tare him to pieces.

Edited by A Ghost of Someone

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The list of folks who deserve/want/need to kill Littlefinger is lon and illustrious, in fact every main character with the possible exception of Dany has a reason.  But I'm going to go out on a limb here.  Sure, Sansa is the popular, sympathetic choice.  So are the remaining Starks.  Cersei has a reason, in fact, as it seems that this whole stupid war was brought about by LF pretty much from the lowest peasant to the highest noble everyone should have a shot.  But how about Sweet Robin?  Littlefinger brought about the deaths of both his mother and his father.  And LF has basically stolen the Vale from him.  Imagine the joy of watching SR make LF fly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure how Petyr expects to survive, to be honest. Sooner or later, someone he's double-crossed will catch up to him.  The Stark pack are the most immediate. Sudden!Arya could happen anywhere. Jon Snow has a lot of swords on call, one of which belongs to Lyanna Mormont. (She'd literally chop him off at the knees first.) Sansa has a way with animals.  Bran has the potential to go twisted Disney and set wildlife on him.  Staying well away from steep drops and the nutjob kid is in everyone's best interests.  Ditto the flying flame throwers, and anything Lannister.

I rather want him to get away with it, though.  I'm not even convinced he does want the throne, really, being so openly avaricious about it, when he continually makes the point about hiding your motives?  He just seems to be riding a self-destructive high, and will probably go out grinning.  Maybe putting that Valyrian dagger of his into something that needs a good (second) killing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sansa because it is her arc. Slaying the giant in the snowy castle but D&D will for sure come up with another one of their brilliant ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't care just do it already. 

Sandor sounds like a plan, then he can get together with Sansa. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 9:53 PM, Byfort of Corfe said:

The list of folks who deserve/want/need to kill Littlefinger is lon and illustrious, in fact every main character with the possible exception of Dany has a reason.  But I'm going to go out on a limb here.  Sure, Sansa is the popular, sympathetic choice.  So are the remaining Starks.  Cersei has a reason, in fact, as it seems that this whole stupid war was brought about by LF pretty much from the lowest peasant to the highest noble everyone should have a shot.  But how about Sweet Robin?  Littlefinger brought about the deaths of both his mother and his father.  And LF has basically stolen the Vale from him.  Imagine the joy of watching SR make LF fly?

Problem is, Sweetrobin doesn't know that Littlefinger killed his mother and father. And we don't know Robin's feelings about his father.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Problem is, Sweetrobin doesn't know that Littlefinger killed his mother and father. And we don't know Robin's feelings about his father.

True, but I have a feeling that someday Sansa is going to let him know.  But then again Sweetrobin is kind of the Fredo Corleone of Westeros.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

But then again Sweetrobin is kind of the Fredo Corleone of Westeros.

LOL 

On 5/3/2017 at 0:39 PM, Angel Eyes said:

I say it should be Sansa. She's suffered the most from him throughout the show without dying, as he betrayed Ned, stood by while Sansa was forced to watch Ned lose his head, sabotaged the Tyrell's plans to marry Sansa to Loras, put Sansa in his power by spiriting her from King's Landing (which in itself not a bad thing), and gift-wrapped her and sent her to Ramsay, who violently raped her for weeks, if not months. She has also been privy to most of his crimes and she can use that to her advantage.

After all, "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

If Sansa passes the sentence then she must swing the sword, otherwise it further discredits her in at least the fans eyes as less of a northerner, less of a Stark.  You are totally correct here.  The Starks aren't my favorites, I suppose I like them more than I like the Targaryens, but I'd like some consistency.  D&D showed that this was one of the righteous values of the northermen/Starks - I'd like to see a character who is being portrayed as a positive embodiment of Starkness uphold their values.  Unless of course Sansa is meant to be more murky - not quite northern, not quite "good".

Pacifist that I am, I don't like even rooting for fake people to do things I'd never want anyone to do in real life, however narratively I wouldn't have a problem with Littlefinger offing himself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm.

2 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Sansa passes the sentence then she must swing the sword, otherwise it further discredits her in at least the fans eyes as less of a northerner, less of a Stark.  You are totally correct here.  The Starks aren't my favorites, I suppose I like them more than I like the Targaryens, but I'd like some consistency.  D&D showed that this was one of the righteous values of the northermen/Starks - I'd like to see a character who is being portrayed as a positive embodiment of Starkness uphold their values.  Unless of course Sansa is meant to be more murky - not quite northern, not quite "good".

In the Alayne chapter of TWOW, Sansa is shown taking joy and pride in organising something completely against Northern values- a tourney

Ned Stark is particularly clear on the subject:

Quote

"For death." Gently Ned covered the boy with his cloak, a bloodstained bit of blue bordered in crescent moons. When his mother asked why her son was dead, he reflected bitterly, they would tell her he had fought to honor the King's Hand, Eddard Stark. "This was needless. War should not be a game." Ned turned to the woman beside the cart, shrouded in grey, face hidden but for her eyes. The silent sisters prepared men for the grave, and it was ill fortune to look on the face of death. "Send his armor home to the Vale. The mother will want to have it."

"It is worth a fair piece of silver," Ser Barristan said. "The boy had it forged special for the tourney. Plain work, but good. I do not know if he had finished paying the smith."

"He paid yesterday, my lord, and he paid dearly," Ned replied. And to the silent sister he said, "Send the mother the armor. I will deal with this smith." She bowed her head.

In my opinion, "book" Sansa can no longer be considered a Northerner.

In any case, is it possible she'd want to kill her "father"? I'm not entirely convinced she'd want to do so, unless Baelish neglected to order more lemons from Dorne.

"Show" Sansa is another story. She'll want to kill him as soon as may be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should be no one but Sansa and she should have done it two seasons ago. However, since the show has made her completely stupid, she honestly doesn't deserve it.

Pimped out by Littlefinger once, shame on you. Pimped out by Littlefinger twice, shame on me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2017 at 7:57 PM, A Ghost of Someone said:

Sansa would be appropriate but Bran is the head of his house and his abilities makes him aware of everything. He knows about LF and sansa, her complicancy. Sansa has enabled littlefinger as much as she has been victimized by him. I say Bran warg ghost and tare him to pieces.

Does Bran know? Doesn't seem to have cropped up in his visions and he's still at the wall at this point in the show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Does Bran know? Doesn't seem to have cropped up in his visions and he's still at the wall at this point in the show.

Bran knows, remember his visions in the promo for season 6?  Sansa marrying Ramsay, willingly. He knows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Prof. Cecily said:

Hmmm.

In the Alayne chapter of TWOW, Sansa is shown taking joy and pride in organising something completely against Northern values- a tourney

Ned Stark is particularly clear on the subject:

In my opinion, "book" Sansa can no longer be considered a Northerner.

In any case, is it possible she'd want to kill her "father"? I'm not entirely convinced she'd want to do so, unless Baelish neglected to order more lemons from Dorne.

"Show" Sansa is another story. She'll want to kill him as soon as may be.

The only preview chapter of TWOW I've read so far is "The Foresaken" Aeron Damphair chapter, but I do agree that book Sansa is not much of a northerner, and wasn't really much of one to begin with.  It might be that in the books which will never be released that she would find her northern roots and make a shift, but doesn't seem to be happening.  However in the show I think they've taken some pains to show her "coming home" to her identity as a northerner, with the whole "marry Ramsay so you can take back your home and have your revenge" thing and then her working with Jon to reclaim Winterfell under the name Sansa Stark (not Bolton or Lannister).  At least it's the impression I got, that show Sansa is now supposed to become herself as some sort of champion of the north, which is why having her fail to adhere to the northern/Stark value of swinging the sword if you pass the sentence (a value whose importance was reiterated as recently as S5 with the Janos beheading) would be inconsistent.  Unless they are trying to make her less of a "Team Stark" player and something a bit murky.

What really confuses me along these lines is from the S7 leaks...

Spoiler

Why would Arya, who I believe (on the show) is unquestionably Team Stark/North, not only let Sansa pass the sentence without doing the killing herself, but actually do the killing for her?  Arya should be disgusted by this.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

So do people think that Caitlyn would have been the person who beheaded Tyron had she gotten him all the way to Winterfell?

exactly. sansa can make the call but she's no executioner. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 

14 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

The only preview chapter of TWOW I've read so far is "The Foresaken" Aeron Damphair chapter, but I do agree that book Sansa is not much of a northerner, and wasn't really much of one to begin with.  It might be that in the books which will never be released that she would find her northern roots and make a shift, but doesn't seem to be happening.  However in the show I think they've taken some pains to show her "coming home" to her identity as a northerner, with the whole "marry Ramsay so you can take back your home and have your revenge" thing and then her working with Jon to reclaim Winterfell under the name Sansa Stark (not Bolton or Lannister).  At least it's the impression I got, that show Sansa is now supposed to become herself as some sort of champion of the north, which is why having her fail to adhere to the northern/Stark value of swinging the sword if you pass the sentence (a value whose importance was reiterated as recently as S5 with the Janos beheading) would be inconsistent.  Unless they are trying to make her less of a "Team Stark" player and something a bit murky.

What really confuses me along these lines is from the S7 leaks...


 


 

That's an interesting line of thought, indeed. I can see your point. However, I think you'll find Arya has undergone sea-changes in Braavos.

Here's a link to the Mercy chapter, if you're intrigued by what GRRM has in mind for Arya:

http://web.archive.org/web/20140403003340/http://www.georgerrmartin.com/excerpt-from-the-winds-of-winter/

I have faith GRRM will give the books necessary to finish this marvellous saga, but then, I write this as  I'm quietly sipping a cup of coffee and all seems right with the world.

 

Quote

less of a "Team Stark" player and something a bit murky.

Even the book Sansa is portrayed most ambiguously, very non-Northern(ly) from her first POVs onwards in AGOT:

Quote

 

"I saw your sister this afternoon," Jeyne blurted out, as if she'd been reading Sansa's thoughts. "She was walking through the stables on her hands. Why would she do a thing like that?"

"I'm sure I don't know why Arya does anything." Sansa hated stables, smelly places full of manure and flies. Even when she went riding, she liked the boy to saddle the horse and bring it to her in the yard. "Do you want to hear about the court or not?"

"I do," Jeyne said.

 

 

A Game of Thrones - Sansa III My bolding.

 

Quote

 

"...Joffrey, perhaps you would be so kind as to entertain our guest today."

"It would be my pleasure, Mother," Joffrey said very formally. He took her by the arm and led her away from the wheelhouse, and Sansa's spirits took flight. A whole day with her prince! She gazed at Joffrey worshipfully. He was so gallant, she thought. The way he had rescued her from Ser Ilyn and the Hound, why, it was almost like the songs, like the time Serwyn of the Mirror Shield saved the Princess Daeryssa from the giants, or Prince Aemon the Dragonknight championing Queen Naerys's honor against evil Ser Morgil's slanders.

 

A Game of Thrones - Sansa I My bolding.

 

Like Sam, perhaps Sansa is a misfit in a crude, feudal society. Sam's failure to live up to the expectations of a "proper" lord lead to him being shipped off, exiled to the Wall. Sansa's failure to live up to "proper" Northern values have her to betray her own father to Cersei and lead her into a humiliating imprisonment in the Red Keep.

In his place of exile, Sam finds protection and guidance in the person of Jon. Could we also say that Sansa finds protection and guidance in her imprisonment the person of Lord Baelish?

A case could also be made for the similarities of these characters in their travels. Sam goes from South to North and must make his way painfully back South (by ship) with a father figure, while Sansa travels from North to South and must make her way North (by ship) with a father figure.

Does Sam like lemon cakes?

Anyway, @Lucius Lovejoy, thanks for providing that thought which inspired my first coffee musings.

Here's a link to the Alayne chapter from TWOW.

https://www.scribd.com/document/261255789/Alayne-Winds-of-Winter-Sample-Chapter-by-George-RR-Martin

Enjoy!

Am I the only one here who gets ever so slightly twitchy when they read the word 'murky' and must consciously refrain from changing it to 'mirky?'


 

Quote

 

3 hours ago, Byfort of Corfe said:

So do people think that Caitlyn would have been the person who beheaded Tyron had she gotten him all the way to Winterfell?

 

 

Quote

 

2 hours ago, dsug said:

exactly. sansa can make the call but she's no executioner.

 

This is where I stand revealed as an equal rights= equal responsibilities person.

You make the call, you swing the axe.

The OP mentions the show, but just in case I'll put this comment behind a spoiler:

Spoiler


Having starving dogs coerced into doing her work for her was one of the things I least liked about show Sansa.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.