Who should kill Littlefinger?

Angel Eyes

On 5/3/2017 at 0:39 PM, Angel Eyes said:

I say it should be Sansa. She's suffered the most from him throughout the show without dying, as he betrayed Ned, stood by while Sansa was forced to watch Ned lose his head, sabotaged the Tyrell's plans to marry Sansa to Loras, put Sansa in his power by spiriting her from King's Landing (which in itself not a bad thing), and gift-wrapped her and sent her to Ramsay, who violently raped her for weeks, if not months. She has also been privy to most of his crimes and she can use that to her advantage.

After all, "the man who passes the sentence should swing the sword."

Ahem. Sansa also betrayed Ned. Everyone stood by as Joffrey killed Ned. Saved Sansa from a loveless marriage with a gay man. Saved Sansa from the Lannisters.

Most of her suffering isn't his fault.

Spoiler

The whole Ramsay BS is out of character show idiocy because D&D love making Sansa suffer. Baelish would never do something that stupid.

Also saves Jon and whats left of the Northern army with Sansa. Then everyone makes Jon King what ungrateful people. Not to mention denying Sansa's claim to the North.

Who should kill show Littlefinger?

The question is badly phrased. It should read:

Who should kill the actor's barber?

Answer: Ramsey or the Tickler.

Aidan Gillen doesn't deserve such a badly designed hair dye job as they've given him.

28 minutes ago, Prof. Cecily said:

Who should kill show Littlefinger?

The question is badly phrased. It should read:

Who should kill the actor's barber?

Answer: Ramsey or the Tickler.

Aidan Gillen doesn't deserve such a badly designed hair dye job as they've given him.

But if Petyr shaved, and grew his hair out into ash-dusted curls, and left off the tailored coat, who would recognise him?  (AG's natural bedhead looks like it eats combs.  I think the dye is a sedative.)

Shaved, no. That Valyrian dagger has better uses!

Baelish sin tailored coats...well, there'd still be those silken tunics he wears in AGOT.

5 minutes ago, SeaWitch said:

(AG's natural bedhead looks like it eats combs.  I think the dye is a sedative.)

Ah, how knowledgeable you are, to be sure.

5 minutes ago, Prof. Cecily said:

Shaved, no. That Valyrian dagger has better uses!

Baelish sin tailored coats...well, there'd still be those silken tunics he wears in AGOT.

Ah, how knowledgeable you are, to be sure.

Bias? What bias? *coughs*

If Varys can masquerade as a rough turnkey, I expect Petyr could manage a more low-key persona if needed. The look is so very polished, his clothes in the books are just short of flashy. Recognisable.  Easy to shed if it became necessary is my thought.

(Lysa gets him to shave in the book, doesn't she?)

7 minutes ago, SeaWitch said:

(Lysa gets him to shave in the book, doesn't she?)

If there's one thing we must be grateful for, it's that D&D  chose not to include this charming domestic scene in the HBO production.

Just short of flashy?

Lord Petyr was clad in a blue velvet tunic with puffed sleeves, his silvery cape patterned with mockingbirds. 

A Game of Thrones - Eddard XIII

No.

Michele Clapton's work in the HBO production was inspired in general.  And superb in the case of Petyr Baelish's tailoring (as well as Lord Tywin's, of course, And yes, King Joff, too) 

Her comments on dressing Littlefinger

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-game-thrones-costumes-pictures-photogallery.html

3 hours ago, Prof. Cecily said:

If there's one thing we must be grateful for, it's that D&D  chose not to include this charming domestic scene in the HBO production.

Just short of flashy?

A Game of Thrones - Eddard XIII

No.

Michele Clapton's work in the HBO production was inspired in general.  And superb in the case of Petyr Baelish's tailoring (as well as Lord Tywin's, of course, And yes, King Joff, too) 

Her comments on dressing Littlefinger

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/la-et-game-thrones-costumes-pictures-photogallery.html

His expression when she flung open the doors to the Septon... :D

He was being Renly's best mate at that point, wasn't he?  The dandy courtier, everyone's friend. The one nobody takes seriously, because he's a fop. (Shades of P. Blakeney.)

The clothes generally are wonderful. Total anachronism stew, which is the fun of invented worlds.  It has that look of Victorian illustrations of 'Morte D'Arthur'.

(Less Burne Jones, more 'Burn everything!" Haha!)

12 hours ago, SeaWitch said:

His expression when she flung open the doors to the Septon... :D

So perfect!

He was being Renly's best mate at that point, wasn't he?  The dandy courtier, everyone's friend. The one nobody takes seriously, because he's a fop. (Shades of P. Blakeney.)

Or... Peter Wimsey?

The clothes generally are wonderful. Total anachronism stew, which is the fun of invented worlds.  It has that look of Victorian illustrations of 'Morte D'Arthur'.

(Less Burne Jones, more 'Burn everything!" Haha!)

Nice catch, indeed. Those illustrations formed my vision of the Middle Ages as a child. And yes, the clothes are generally wonderfdul, except for the funnel dress of Queen Margaery.

On Invalid Date at 2:54 PM, Lucius Lovejoy said:

LOL 

If Sansa passes the sentence then she must swing the sword, otherwise it further discredits her in at least the fans eyes as less of a northerner, less of a Stark.  You are totally correct here.  The Starks aren't my favorites, I suppose I like them more than I like the Targaryens, but I'd like some consistency.  D&D showed that this was one of the righteous values of the northermen/Starks - I'd like to see a character who is being portrayed as a positive embodiment of Starkness uphold their values.  Unless of course Sansa is meant to be more murky - not quite northern, not quite "good".

Pacifist that I am, I don't like even rooting for fake people to do things I'd never want anyone to do in real life, however narratively I wouldn't have a problem with Littlefinger offing himself.

So Sansa watching as Ramsay dies isn't badass enough for you?

Archived