The Power of Horn Hill

I am under the impression that House Tarly controls most if not all(excluding a bit held by Oldtown) of the Reach Dornish Marches. 

Before being incorporated into the kingdom of the Reach they were their own kings, ruling from Horn Hill to Nightsong. So I'd imagine their own lands aren't too diminished. We know they are very powerful, as Tarly is a renowned name. Could Tarly's lands potentially be large enough to boarder both Highgarden and perhaps the lower mander(I'm thinking the CK2 high lordships map). I'd put their strength around 6,000 men. The marches have been proven to be very populous and filled with hardy, battle hardened people. Tarly is like a Stormlord of the Reach. They are a hardy war loving peoples(minus sam). Also, given Tarly land size, they likely have as much men if not more than the entire Stormlands Marches combined. 

26 minutes ago, Maester Saramello said:

I am under the impression that House Tarly controls most if not all(excluding a bit held by Oldtown) of the Reach Dornish Marches. Now, I heard it said somewhere in the books, cant remember where but I think it was Samwell, who said that his father boasts he could raise three times the levies of any other Sworn House to the Reach. 

Now I'm going to assume this is at least a part bluff(although Randyll Tarly means business, It is Known) and say Oldtown can raise the most levies(8k during original dance of dragons). So, the question remains, how powerful is Horn Hill and House Tarly?

Before being incorporated into the kingdom of the Reach they were their own kings, ruling from Horn Hill to Nightsong. So I'd imagine their own lands aren't too diminished. We know they are very powerful, as Tarly is a renowned name. Could Tarly's lands potentially be large enough to boarder both Highgarden and perhaps the lower mander(I'm thinking the CK2 high lordships map). I'd put their strength around 7,000 men. The marches have been proven to be very populous and filled with hardy, battle hardened people. Tarly is like a Stormlord of the Reach. 

Comments? Answers? Respond pls. 

"What is Lord Hightower doing?" Sam blurted. "My father always said he was as wealthy as the Lannisters, and could command thrice as many swords as any of Highgarden's other bannermen."

I don't really want to speculate on the strength of House Tarly, but the quote wasn't about them anyway.

Archived