Paying Attention? Baelish, Cersei and the "Tapestries"

Iron Mother

It has been mentioned in passing even in the show I think but at least 3 times in the books that Cercei is sending fabulous "tapestries" to the Eyrie from the King's Landing castle.  I cannot think of a logical reason for either one of them for it to be just what it seems.

Maybe it means nothing, but does anyone see an underlying "something" with that?  It can't be to replace the tapestry from Sweet Robyn's flying porridge spoon...

The tapestries are actually Syrio Forel who is being smuggled out of Kings Landing piece by piece.  Once all of the tapestries are united together again they will merge together - just like T1000 from Terminator 2 when he reforms from liquid molecules - and behold, the First Sword to the Sealord of Braavos shall be remade

You heard it here first.

This probably belongs in the book forum as the show is not dealing with the tapestries. FYI, it is suspected that the tapestries are being used by LF to bribe his way into good graces with Lord Royce and Sweet Robin is only approx 8-9 years old and is not really in charge of anyone like the show has.

20 hours ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

This probably belongs in the book forum as the show is not dealing with the tapestries. FYI, it is suspected that the tapestries are being used by LF to bribe his way into good graces with Lord Royce and Sweet Robin is only approx 8-9 years old and is not really in charge of anyone like the show has.

im almost positive there was one referenced in the show.

but, how can this thread be moved there, and which specific location are you saying?  thanks

On Invalid Date at 4:20 AM, Iron Mother said:

im almost positive there was one referenced in the show.

but, how can this thread be moved there, and which specific location are you saying?  thanks

I'm pretty sure that it's just a book thing and even in the books I don't think it means all that much.  In the books the small council (IIRC) is talking about Littlefinger in the Vale and all the Cersei says is that LF has requested some tapestries that Robert had liked.  I think personally it was just a throwaway line to show how unconcerned LF was about the nascent rebellion in the Vale but I will admit that some book people think that they are sort of like a Westerosi version of the Shroud of Turin, linens just laden with secret and hidden meanings.

On 5/4/2017 at 8:20 AM, Victarian Revolution said:

The tapestries are actually Syrio Forel who is being smuggled out of Kings Landing piece by piece.  Once all of the tapestries are united together again they will merge together - just like T1000 from Terminator 2 when he reforms from liquid molecules - and behold, the First Sword to the Sealord of Braavos shall be remade

You heard it here first.

No,no,no,no, the tapestries are actually in control of the White Walkers and they're conspiring with Littlefinger to sneak into Winterfell and capture it by surprise. Theon's earlier takeover was clearly foreshadowing of this!

On 5/4/2017 at 7:20 AM, Victarian Revolution said:

You heard it here first.

The snark is strong with this one. Now leaves the question of how strong the grumpkin is?

Archived