Why Cersei didn't break prophecy by getting pregnant for the fourth time?

Well said Cas Stark.

She also makes poor choices for love, as much as she is capable of it. She has emotions and energies all messed up, perhaps because she is so narcissistic. She is even vaguely based on Margaret of Anjou, so it is said, so her personality package is not just fantasy. There are world leaders who act a lot like her.

• 2 months later...
On 4.5.2017 at 4:47 PM, Grazdan zo Azer said:

Tywin suggested to betrothal Cersei many times but she refused. I don't understand why she didn't try to have more than three children to break Maggy's prophecy or why she didn't stop after having Myrcella.

Cersei had Tommen after Myrcella, and Tommen was her last child.

I agree with the people who say Cersei didn't believe the prophecy until Joffrey died. Therefore, she didn't take any action to stop the prophecy from coming true. Really, she could have stopped the prophecy by simply not killing Melara. The idea that it was a self-fulfilling prophecy is inaccurate since Cersei didn't do anything to stop the prophecy from coming true.

I disagree that the prophecy was a retcon or bad piece of writing. What the prophecy showed was that Cersei was more willing to jump to the conclusion that she was somehow "cursed" than accept her own bad judgement got her where she was. "It's not my fault because..." is a common cry of incompetent people everywhere.

On 8-5-2017 at 7:28 PM, Cas Stark said:

Cersei's issue isn't intelligence, but judgement.  She is intelligent, but her impulsiveness, jealousies, hates and fears all cloud her judgment and cause her to make poor and rash decisions.

On 8-5-2017 at 8:01 PM, HoodedCrow said:

Well said Cas Stark.

She also makes poor choices for love, as much as she is capable of it. She has emotions and energies all messed up, perhaps because she is so narcissistic. She is even vaguely based on Margaret of Anjou, so it is said, so her personality package is not just fantasy. There are world leaders who act a lot like her.

Ironically Tyrion suffers from the same condition, even though he looks down on Cersei for it. 

On 08/05/2017 at 7:01 PM, HoodedCrow said:

Well said Cas Stark.

Margaret of Anjou was a good queen who genuinely wanted the good of the realm and was fiercely loyal towards her family and husband.  During the sack of London she CHOSE to remain in the city even though her coward husband escaped London. She was also the brains behind granting pardons to the rebels if they agreed to leave London for good. She also lacked the cruelty Cersei had. Medieval nobility were quite creative in tortured people who committed treason. Margaret executions were quite humane to what happened before her time or after her time. I dare to say that if Margaret was a male or at least a Plantagenet then she would have been a great ruling monarch nearly at par to the great Elisabeth. You’ can’t say the same of Cersei can you? 

Henry VI was nowhere close to Robert either. While Robert was a warrior, Henry VI was a feeble king and a simpleton. If you ask me Robert resembled more Margaret’s arch enemy the 3rd Duke of Yorke. Similarly to Richard the Duke of Yorke was a proven warrior with a quite renowned short temper. 

The closest thing I can think of that relationship (ie Margaret and Henry) is Margaery and Tommen. 

17 minutes ago, foxberlin said:

Show!Cersei might have tried to become pregnant last episode , but somehow I've got the feeling that Qyburn's Long Farewell poison/ antidote is spoiled. So Cersei's night with Jaime possibly won't sell out.

Please don't spoil the show, I'm waiting for winter to watch it 

18 hours ago, Manderly's Rat Cook said:

Please don't spoil the show, I'm waiting for winter to watch it 

I'm very sorry. I read this on a small device and didn't notice it was the book forum. Please delete (and forget) the quote?
I will be more careful now.

Archived