What is Edric Storms future roll ??

Stormking902

IMO I do not believe GRRM created Edrics character for no reason especially since he has gone out of his way to make Edric look like a Bobby B clone with Florent ears, and a publically known bastard of Roberts then send him to Essos where Danny currently is. 

IMO I believe the Golden Company and Jon Con will capture Storms End and thus the Stormlands and Danny will use Edric Storm newly made Baratheon to reclaim the Stormlands and force the Storm lords to abandon Jon Con and Faegon. 

5 minutes ago, Moiraine Sedai said:

Bastard versus bastard, or the Dance of the Stags.  I want to see him fight Gendry for lordship over the Stormlands.  

Dance of the Stags! I like it!

Amazing name, btw. B) My fav Aes Sedai.

I'm curious about his fate as well. GRRM likes to spin a ton of character threads. I figured whatever it is, the fact he resembles a Baratheon means he'll be used as a pawn by someone, as Stannis has already tried to do. He's too young to play the game for himself at this point.

4 minutes ago, Traverys said:

Dance of the Stags! I like it!

I would like even more a Dance of the Wolves. Jon vs Rickon vs Sansa.

As Edric has Targ blood, perhaps he could ride a dragon.

6 minutes ago, Traverys said:

He's too young to play the game for himself at this point.

How old is he by now?

29 minutes ago, Tygett Blackwood said:

I would like even more a Dance of the Wolves. Jon vs Rickon vs Sansa.

As Edric has Targ blood, perhaps he could ride a dragon.

How old is he by now?

I've actually wondered if the Stark story may end up something along those lines. I wouldn't argue that it is going to happen for sure, but I question my assumption that the Starks will stand united if they have a reunion. They've all been made to suffer alone and are understandably changed. Rickon was already a bit unstable as a kid, so no telling how time spent being raised by Asha among the alleged cannibals has affected him.

Wiki says he was born in 287 and Shireen was born in 289. All chapters in ADwD take place in 300, so he'd be 13-ish.

Edric is likely to be the last possible hope of House Baratheon but I don't see him making it to the end. For now there are to few people with a claim on the throne who needs or would want Robert's bastard, raised by Renly and Stannis, to gain significant power. Or at least that's how I see it.

2 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

IMO I do not believe GRRM created Edrics character for no reason especially since he has gone out of his way to make Edric look like a Bobby B clone with Florent ears, and a publically known bastard of Roberts then send him to Essos where Danny currently is. 

IMO I believe the Golden Company and Jon Con will capture Storms End and thus the Stormlands and Danny will use Edric Storm newly made Baratheon to reclaim the Stormlands and force the Storm lords to abandon Jon Con and Faegon. 

Perhaps.  Edric is a better candidate from the perspective of a ruler than Gendry.  He's younger and less prone to challenge his Queen than someone from the streets like Gendry.  She's not looking for a Queen's Hand.  She just needs a temporary puppet for political reasons and should the lad prove tractable may even get to keep the Baratheons lands after he gets legitimized.

3 hours ago, Stormking902 said:

Davos seems to think that Edric is safe on the Stepstones.

A Dance with Dragons - Davos II      Some nights he thought he had been left to rescue Edric Storm … but by now King Robert's bastard boy was safe in the Stepstones, yet Davos still remained. Do the gods have some other task for me? he wondered. If so, White Harbor may be some part of it. He tried the wine, then poured half his cup onto the floor beside his foot.

If Edric was on the Stepstones running his mouth about who he is, and JonCon or some of the Golden Company managed to hear about it perhaps that is how JonCon is going to take Storms End by guile. Use the boy to gain entry. :dunno:

Caveat. There also seems to be a line of thought that Edric is on Lys.

Edric will arrive back in Westeros with Dany and be legitimized by her as Edric Baratheon. He will die on his mission to retake a castle he grew up in, Storm's End. More experienced war commander Jon Connington and Arianne's Dornish forces will defeat him and his crew. It will parallel the battle of the Last Storm. If you think about it, the name of Storm's End kind of foreshadows Edric's fate. Also, it will officially end the line of House Baratheon as I think Stannis and his branch will die prior Edric's arrival.

3 hours ago, Steel Stag said:

I think Stannis will legitamize him and betroth him and Shireen. 

Stannis has no son, so this would be an intelligent move. 

I'm not sure if Stannis is ok with incest. Even though they are cousins, Edric is the child of both Stannis and Seylse's siblings. Its not the same but for Edric to wed Shireen would be like he were to marry a half sister.

Edric Storm vs. Gendry

I can see either Dany or Aegon supporting Edric if he has anything to offer.  Gendry has no education outside the forge and he is not literate.  I don't think he gets any support.  Gendry will end up on the wall to replace the dead blacksmith.

8 hours ago, Kaibaman said:

I'm not sure if Stannis is ok with incest. Even though they are cousins, Edric is the child of both Stannis and Seylse's siblings. Its not the same but for Edric to wed Shireen would be like he were to marry a half sister.

I support a match between Queen Regnant Shireen and a legitimised Edric Baratheon.

It solves several "problems":

1 - prevents Edric being used by somebody as a challanger to Shireen's rule on the grounds of being "last male Baratheon"

2 - the above plus eliminates the "son of elder brother" versus "daughter of younger brother" issue;

3 - the above plus resolves the muddle with what EXACTLY are the rules for succession among the Royal Baratheons? Are these the Salic rules (all males before any female) adopted by Targaryen's barely 200 years previously, or the Westeros standard of "sons before daughters, daughters before uncles"?

IMO politically such a match is "a match made in heaven" :D

Everybody happy : there is a MALE Baratheon on the throne (regardless of which side of it), there is a  Baratheon sired by the ELDER Baratheon brother on the throne, there is the LEGITIMATE Baratheon heir on the throne

Gendry is IMO useless as a consort - he is a guttersnipe, baseborn (smallfolk mother) and a smith's apprentice; Edric has a noble's education and his mother is from one the highest family's of the Reach; Edric's education is almost certainly inferior to that of a Lord's son, but still more useful for a Queen's consort than the skill to make horseshoes or to solder holes in pots.

There is no incest - Sylyse and Delene were 1st cousins, not siblings; true that being 1st cousins by sword and 2nd cousins by distaff makes a Shireen/Edric match closer than most, but 1st cousin matches are OK in Westeros, if the Lannisters and Starks are anything to go by.

However, I'd still recommend Shireen's and Edric's children to avoid marriages with Reach Lordly families in general, and the Florents in particular for at least two generations.

11 hours ago, TMIFairy said:

I support a match between Queen Regnant Shireen and a legitimised Edric Baratheon.

It solves several "problems":

1 - prevents Edric being used by somebody as a challanger to Shireen's rule on the grounds of being "last male Baratheon"

2 - the above plus eliminates the "son of elder brother" versus "daughter of younger brother" issue;

3 - the above plus resolves the muddle with what EXACTLY are the rules for succession among the Royal Baratheons? Are these the Salic rules (all males before any female) adopted by Targaryen's barely 200 years previously, or the Westeros standard of "sons before daughters, daughters before uncles"?

IMO politically such a match is "a match made in heaven" :D

Everybody happy : there is a MALE Baratheon on the throne (regardless of which side of it), there is a  Baratheon sired by the ELDER Baratheon brother on the throne, there is the LEGITIMATE Baratheon heir on the throne

Gendry is IMO useless as a consort - he is a guttersnipe, baseborn (smallfolk mother) and a smith's apprentice; Edric has a noble's education and his mother is from one the highest family's of the Reach; Edric's education is almost certainly inferior to that of a Lord's son, but still more useful for a Queen's consort than the skill to make horseshoes or to solder holes in pots.

There is no incest - Sylyse and Delene were 1st cousins, not siblings; true that being 1st cousins by sword and 2nd cousins by distaff makes a Shireen/Edric match closer than most, but 1st cousin matches are OK in Westeros, if the Lannisters and Starks are anything to go by.

However, I'd still recommend Shireen's and Edric's children to avoid marriages with Reach Lordly families in general, and the Florents in particular for at least two generations.

This would be my greatest wish for house Baratheon let us pray lol. 

He will end up as lord of Storm's End and the most loyal bannerman to hie liege and elder brother, first of his name, king Gendry. I wouldn't mind watching their sweet sister, princess Mya as the lady of Vale. The riverlords for most part a bunch of opportunistic bitches who sell themselves to best price. It's only fitting for them to be ruled by a whore (Bella). Even nicer if her sphere of influence extends to west to. Imagine Tywin face watching a woman a bastard and a whore sitting on ancestral seat of house Lannister. Well, still not quite as lively as Cersie or Jon C if they live to see the Drunken Oaf aka Usurper's seed spreading in the realm in such a fasion. 

Ned was a most loyal friend, so it's not right to rob them of North. Better still if they provide queen of the realm through Arya, thus fulfiling the wish of the late king.

As for Dragonstone, who better than the daughter of it's former lord, princess Shireen. Stan wasn't quite content with that bleak island so I'd sweeten the deal by adding Iron Islands to her domain.

As for Reach or Dorne, I don't have a clear idea, but there is quite a way from 8 to 16 and with two books remaining we might just hope.

I have wrote about Edric a few times, Edric is with Andrew Estermont. At some point they will be promised Storms End if they support Aegon. Jon Connington will swoop in with Aegon and Edric take the Reach Army by surprise.  By this time news of Stannis falling will reach Storm's End. Lomas Estermont will see his son and Edric at the gates and open them. I believe that Renly named Edric his heir and most of those in the castle support this which is why Courtney Penrose would not hand over Edric because I think he saw Edric as both Robert and Renlys heir even though he is a bastard most likely he is no longer a bastard if Renly had adopted him I think this is a serious possibility.

Sadly as much as I love the Baratheons and want the family to survive I think Jon Connington will kill Edric once they claim the castle by guile.

Well, it was bastard that started House Baratheon. It would make a nice call back to the beginning if the series ends with another bastard ruling Storm's End.

On 5/05/2017 at 7:59 AM, Steel Stag said:

I think Stannis will legitamize him and betroth him and Shireen. 

Stannis has no son, so this would be an intelligent move. 

Why would he need that though? To Stannis, Storm's End is already his by rights. A bastard son of his brother's has no claim to it. He would consider it an insult to his station and a waste of resource to marry Shireen to a bastard. A betrothal to another House, one with $$$ and/or military might, would be infinitely more favourable for him.

Archived