The Hot Pie sleeper cell

This is a show-only theory. It sounds a little silly I know, but it's no sillier than the TV Dorne plot.

While Arya was in Braavos, Hot Pie was organizing a pro-Stark sleeper cell of insurgent bakers.  This clears up 2 otherwise mysterious plot points.

1.  How did Hot Pie get so good at making wolfbread unless he's eating it with his comrads in secret meetings?  He can't serve it at the Inn of the Kneeling Man or Riverrun or the Twins or any place where they've infiltrated the kitchens.

2. How did Arya make Frey Pies all by herself, fresh off the boat?

I think Hot Pie is a more important character than anybody realizes.  That goes for books and show.  It's not just glorious battles that win wars.  Feasting is an important part of building and maintaining alliances.  And the right aliances win wars.

Janos: I may have to hire this cook of yours.

Tyrion: Wars have been started for less.

This is the kind of twist Jane the Virgin would do. It makes less sense than someone GoT would do but way more sense than something Pretty Little Liars would do. (Yes, I'm putting GoT next to Jane the Virgin and Pretty Little Liars. And after S6E10 you can't even have a problem with that)

I would be okay with this in a random and irrelevant but lol anyways kind of way. 

On 5/11/2017 at 2:37 PM, RhaenysB said:

This is the kind of twist Jane the Virgin would do. It makes less sense than someone GoT would do but way more sense than something Pretty Little Liars would do. (Yes, I'm putting GoT next to Jane the Virgin and Pretty Little Liars. And after S6E10 you can't even have a problem with that)

I would be okay with this in a random and irrelevant but lol anyways kind of way. 

So the plausibility of my theory rests on the mediocrity of the screenwriting?

18 minutes ago, Roose on the Loose said:

So the plausibility of my theory rests on the mediocrity of the screenwriting?

No, it rests on a decision. I am positive that the things you spotted were never meant to be connected so far. Now if an assistant or a sufficiently popular fan theory brings it to the writers' attention, I  can potentially see that they would go down this road for the laugh. Then again, they can also say this is fun but no, we are not doing this. 

Archived