Rodx

Do you think Jon Connington will start a Gray Scale Epidemy on KL ?

6 posts in this topic

I reading some historical information on the net, and discover that a siege in the city of Kaffa in real life is one of motives beyond the spread of the Black Death through the Europe,when I start to think to parallels on ASOIAF .

I think that Jon Connington actually will use his Grey Scale as a weapon against Kings Landing starting a Epidemy,someone already think of that ? 

I don't think he will will use it as a weapon. But if JC is bringing the Gray Scale to Westeros, IMO it will spread significantly. KL would be a propitious place. Not sure they will need a siege. Depends of how Cersei and the Faith will manage.

One thing about ASOIAF that I find a little strange is how rare widespread disease is. We hear about the Great Spring Sickness in The Sworn Sword, and there's the pale mare in Meereen, but other than that, disease appears to be fairly well-contained in this series. That's especially strange when you consider how much of the main series takes place during a time of war, since historically disease has always been a huge problem on the battlefront. 

I don't think greyscale will be used as a weapon, but rather JonCon's condition will cause an unintentional outbreak in Westeros, adding yet another layer of chaos to the story. 

On 6/15/2017 at 5:56 PM, The Bard of Banefort said:

One thing about ASOIAF that I find a little strange is how rare widespread disease is. We hear about the Great Spring Sickness in The Sworn Sword, and there's the pale mare in Meereen, but other than that, disease appears to be fairly well-contained in this series. That's especially strange when you consider how much of the main series takes place during a time of war, since historically disease has always been a huge problem on the battlefront. 

I don't think greyscale will be used as a weapon, but rather JonCon's condition will cause an unintentional outbreak in Westeros, adding yet another layer of chaos to the story. 

Well, unlike the show, travel takes a significant amount of time, that often greatly reduces the spread.

Isn't the Great Stone Beast from the HOTU prophecies supposed to be greyscale, let loose when the Ironborn sack Oldtown? My assumption has been that Leyton Hightower is infected and that's why he's quarantined himself in the Hightower for a decade or so. 

I think we'll see it be unleashed possibly in the prologue of WoW but we'll lose povs in that area as the disease spreads & grows. As the Walker forces spread south the greyscale infected peoplwle will flank the retreating armies. The link between the two is strongly hinted & it's possible the White Walkers or Nights King can control or communicate with them when close enough.