Your Favorite Youtube Channel on ASOIAF

Rosetta Stone

:)

Pick one channel only.  If you could only watch one channel for your ASOIAF content, who would it be and why?  Please submit one example of your favorite channel's show.  Many thanks for participating.

Mine is "Order of the Greenhand" and they have been turning out good quality shows recently.  Here is their most recent show:

Just now, Makk said:

I think any video is a poor medium for discussing ASOIAF.

I think all topics are fair game.  My complaint has to do with most shows paying more attention to the TV show than the books.  I don't think the show's writing is tight enough to justify a debate. 

12 hours ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

I'm considering doing the patreon thing.  I thought these youtube artists made lucrative money from ads and what not. 

You should support artists that you like.  I support Preston on Patreon.  He works hard and always deliver good content.  He's not afraid to stick his neck out and give his real opinion.  I like that about him.  That's not a complete criticism of the other channels and I get why they want to get on the bandwagon of the popular theories, they want to make money and Youtube is more of a teens to twenty-somethings population.  Preston is ahead of everyone else.  The Order of the Greenhand is getting good as they get better at production.  I may not agree with their Mance theory but I am on their side in most things.  

Westeros History

It's worth mentioning that there are different types of shows on yt.  PJ's channel is a one man show with gorgeous art and high calibre analysis.  The one above is a podcast.  It's basically a roundtable discussion.  I don't have a preference but if you like things cut and dried you might like WH.  The quality of the show will obviously depend on who the participants are.  It's like a late night talk show.  How good the show depends on who Aziz's guests are.  I like Ashaya and the late Steve.  LML is ok too.

AltShiftX and Rawrist are my favorites. I like Preston's theories an awful lot, and even if many of them won't come to pass, his inventiveness is fun. RedTeamReview is fine, although at times he gets a bit juvenile. I also don't mind Tony Teflon, but his video production quality isn't as polished as these other channels. Vassals of Kingsgrave are also worth checking out.

Archived