Ser Loras The Gay

Dullest characters

226 posts in this topic

7 hours ago, Drogonthedread said:

Dany's chapters from AGOT was released as separate novella titled " Blood of the Dragon " and it recieved Hugo award in 1997..

Her story alone can sell the books.  I can't say that for any other character.  

I actually loved her eastern story arc because it took me away from the dreary doldrums of the North and the aimless travels of Arya in the Riverlands.

Her eastern story arc was always meant to be significant.  The Dothraki are even more important to the story than the Wildlings.  I am sure the liberated former slaves will also have an important role to play.  

7 hours ago, Widowmaker 811 said:

Her story alone can sell the books.  I can't say that for any other character.  

Tyrion would make a fine book either. 

Sometimes I found Jon's chapters at the Wall dull to read. I also found Sam boring when he acquired a POV, but it got way better when he left the Wall.

1 hour ago, Lifestream said:

Sometimes I found Jon's chapters at the Wall dull to read. I also found Sam boring when he acquired a POV, but it got way better when he left the Wall.

The only Jon chapter that I found even remotely interesting was his last when he got killed for treason.  Sam is quite the dull boy but he has some interesting interactions in Oldtown.

Dullest characters:

1. Jon
  2. Sansa
  3. Davos

1 hour ago, Targaryen Restoration said:

The only Jon chapter that I found even remotely interesting was his last when he got killed for treason.  Sam is quite the dull boy but he has some interesting interactions in Oldtown.

Dullest characters:

1. Jon
  2. Sansa
  3. Davos

While I won't agree with Sansa (except maybe that her chaptors got duller in AFFC in comparison to her previous ones), I mostly agree with you.

I liked Jon in AGOT, especially when he was a bit bratty and entitled after he went to the Wall, but he quickly shed those traits. Then in ACOK and ASOS, I preferred to read chapters of other characters'. And in ADWD he became easier to read (I thinks thanks to a lot of characters he gets to interact especially Melisandre). To me his stabbing was a natural progression for things. I think ever since he came back to the Wall after being away with the wildlings i was expecting people to turn on him.

Sam was so boring to read in ASOS. Like you though I found him getting more interesting especially as he reached Oldtown. He has a lot of potential and I think Aemon wanted him to meet up with Danny? Would be cool if at some point he goes on a journey to try and inform her or ask for her help.