Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

On 5/17/2017 at 4:36 PM, Fragile Bird said:

I finally got the candy to evolve my Dragonite, but then I caught a really good Dratini, so I used 25 to evolve a Dragonair and still need another 12 candy for the Dragonite. It has taken forever to collect the candy.

A park I go to had two weeks of Kabuto nests last fall, and I collected everything I needed back then.

If you ever find yourself in the Twin Cities, there are some spots that have reliable Dratinis.

That is also why I wait now for enough Candy to get to the third stage evolution now instead of evolving to the second right away.

34 minutes ago, Guy Kilmore said:

If you ever find yourself in the Twin Cities, there are some spots that have reliable Dratinis.

That is also why I wait now for enough Candy to get to the third stage evolution now instead of evolving to the second right away.

I'm sure there must be a Dratini nest out there somewhere, but I have not found it...

I thought there were no nests for the best ones? 

Anyway, since the event started, I've caught two Rhyhorns and a shiny Magikarp and my 4km that I had already walked with Chansey seems to have been turned into candy, so I'm liking this event so far.

9 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I'm sure there must be a Dratini nest out there somewhere, but I have not found it...

I don't think Dratini nest, but they like woods, grass, watery areas in high density places.

I've caught three dratinis in the wild.  They all appeared near the same pond around the same time of the day, a few weeks apart.

I had up to 6 Pokemon in gyms yesterday. Still have 4 hanging on, though I've forgotten what gym one of them is in! :lol:

I do get a kick looking at this thread and seeing people who never played the original game and absolutely love Pokemon Go.

27 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

It's so weird how different places can be.  At my last house, it was dratini all the time.  I have several draganair because I didn't realize there was a third evolution for it and kept evolving dratinis.

You're gonna want to get on that. Dragonknight is (or at least was) the strongest non-legendary Pokemon in the game. 

The rock event has brought me out of retirement.  (or, now that I can catch new things, I'm not bored anymore)

Caught enough Slugmas this morning to evolve Magcargo and I've caught 2 each of Kabutops and Omastar.  I'm now at 215 pokemon.  Only need 4 more gen 1 to have all available to North America.  21 Gen 2's to go.

68. Machamp (50/100)
139. Omastar (9/50)
141. Kabutops (9/50)
149. Dragonite (67/100)

9 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I'm holding off evolving my Onix until I get a steel coat 

That I've been sitting on for a while...along with three more Dragon scales and the two upgrades that can only use on a Pokemon I've never seen, nor expect too...the king stones and sun stones I've had I've been able to use.

That I might eventually evolve a better Kingdra is the only reason I've not chucked any of the four scales I'm sitting on.  I actually got one out of a random stop spin the other say and then the fourth when I got my seven day bonus yesterday...

The rock event: I like it.  The Rhydon i evolved a couple days ago is just about the best Pokemon I've had yet. The Golem I finally got is pretty decent as well...

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

That I might eventually evolve a better Kingdra is the only reason I've not chucked any of the four scales I'm sitting on.  I actually got one out of a random stop spin the other say and then the fourth when I got my seven day bonus yesterday...

The rock event: I like it.  The Rhydon i evolved a couple days ago is just about the best Pokemon I've had yet. The Golem I finally got is pretty decent as well...

The Rhydon has a 4th generation evolution too, so get as many as you can. :)

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

The Rhydon has a 4th generation evolution too, so get as many as you can. :)

Interesting. I don't remember that. Time to pull out my son's Pokemon Guide...

Oh gods, the pokemon guide.  My foster son is obsessed.  He reads it every day and night.  He watches pokemon on netflix (I thought a show seemed overboard), trades pokemon cards, draws pokemon.  Reads that stupid guide more, asks me to read it to him during story time before bed.  On top of that he begs to play p-go on my phone (i'm stingy with it).  

He carries that guidebook everywhere.

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Oh gods, the pokemon guide.  My foster son is obsessed.  He reads it every day and night.  He watches pokemon on netflix (I thought a show seemed overboard), trades pokemon cards, draws pokemon.  Reads that stupid guide more, asks me to read it to him during story time before bed.  On top of that he begs to play p-go on my phone (i'm stingy with it).  

He carries that guidebook everywhere.

This was my son 2 years ago.  His pokemon guide literally fell apart.  He has notebooks full of pokemons he created.

It was my older son 15 years ago too (only without Netflix)

They also play all the various versions of the video games too

Archived