Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

I now only need 2 more pokemon to complete gen 1 for North America: Dragonite and Machamp.

I think I still need 20 for gen 2.   Managed to put several guys into gyms this week.  I checked to see how long before I could collect, and it was immediately.  Guess last time I was kicked out of a gym I had reached the 21 hour mark, but hadn't yet collected.  And I got to collect for all the pokemons I had in gyms at that moment (4).  That was pretty cool.

8 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I now only need 2 more pokemon to complete gen 1 for North America: Dragonite and Machamp.

I think I still need 20 for gen 2.   Managed to put several guys into gyms this week.  I checked to see how long before I could collect, and it was immediately.  Guess last time I was kicked out of a gym I had reached the 21 hour mark, but hadn't yet collected.  And I got to collect for all the pokemons I had in gyms at that moment (4).  That was pretty cool.

Just North America? Are you not counting the Kangaskhan or the Farfetch'd?

Im kind of depleted as far as any excitement about Pokémon goes. I lack the porygon from gen 1 europe, and now that vacation is approaching i wont pass pokestops that often so the streaks will be fucked. Time will tell, but it feels like ill probably power through to lvl 30 and a tyranitar and then just not open Pokémon any more.

However, my blissey is getting pretty strong so thats nice.

On 5/24/2017 at 2:20 PM, Leap said:

Argh! Just now that I'm trying to amass some Rhyhorn/Geodude candies for future powering up/evolutions, I seem to keep catching Amazing versions of both. I now have 3 Rhydons and 3 Golems, with another 1 of each ready to be evolved...if I had the candy. I'm not so sure I can get enough candy by tomorrow to even evolve them both, though I suppose not being able to power them up isn't an issue if I don't have any stardust.

I'm kinda the same. Keep thinking I need to amass some candy, but the potential for better Rhydons and Golems is tempting, particularly as thr evnt is going to wind down very soon.

Managed to get into four more gyms today, bring me up to seven, a new high at one time...though I've been bumped out of a couple since...

12 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Since I'm not likely to get to Europe (Mr. Mime), Asia or Australia any time soon, I'm not counting them.  They might as well be the same as legendary ones.

I was under the impression it was possible to hatch them, even in the States, just not see one in the wild...

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I was under the impression it was possible to hatch them, even in the States, just not see one in the wild...

You can only hatch them if the egg came from a stop in the correct region

2 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

You can only hatch them if the egg came from a stop in the correct region

Well shoot...that's not how I'd read that...and I've see a couple of the Kangaskhans I'm gyms, as well as a Farfetch'd.  No Mr. Mimes though...

5 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Only if you got the egg from that region (as Bia hatched a Mr. Mime from an egg she got in Europe, after she had returned to the US)

Can the region exclusive Tauros, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, Heracross and Corsola be hatched?

No, you cannot get any of these creatures through walking and hatching Eggs. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-19-pokemon-go-region-exclusive-pokemon-locations-how-and-where-to-catch-tauros-kangaskhan-mr-mime-farfetchd-heracross-corsola

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Got my first 7  day streak in nearly 2 months, and what do I get? another king stone. blah

I actually threw away 3 Dragon scales on Sunday for want of space in my bag.  I'm no where near evolving another Seadra, so I figure hanging on to just two is enough...

Oddly enough, I've actually spun three specials in the last few weeks also.

I've kept playing some, actually brought down a level 8 gym today, but the streaks have been suffering. Anyway, the other night I checked and saw something I kind of thought looked like Porygon. Since there was no time to spare, I put on my shoes and ran towards the pokestop (my wife thought I was an idiot). Once there, it turned out to be the final evolution of Hoppip, which doesn't really look remotely the same. I already had the second evolution and 100 candies so I didn't even try to catch it, just said fuck it and went back home. So the way things are heading, I will soon have played for a year and still not seen a single Porygon.

On 6/12/2017 at 5:48 PM, Maltaran said:

New event starting tomorrow, extra fire and ice types for the solstices

As I drove into my neighborhood, it was suddenly filled with fire and ice types, so I came to ask if something was going on.  Caught 3 Cyndaquils up at the pond.  (I didn't need anything else but there were Sheldors. Ponytas, and even a Charmander, and then a Houndhour in my house)

I'm quickly working through my Ultra Ball supply, but at this rate, I think I will be able to reach level 30 by evolving on sunday which should give me 30 more balls to throw away on my road to Typhlosion.

On 6/13/2017 at 6:01 PM, Leap said:

Well, it appears the event has officially begun. Bunch of fire 'mon on my sightings, which is exciting. Grass are still my favourite Pokemon but Fire types are - if possible - even rarer here, so I am pretty excited by even a Vulpix or a Ponyta, let alone a Charmander. Speaking of which, I caught one just now that has high CP, high IVs and is the only Charmander I've caught rather than hatched. Absurd! But also awesome. 

Hopefully with judicious use of Pinap berries and some luck I'll be able to finally get Charizard. Just seeing a Cyndaquil would be nice - I don't expect to get Typhlosion based on my current sightings. Hell, even getting another Ninetales/Arcanine/Rapidash would be pretty sweet, and getting the Gold Fire badge  (made a lot of progress in the rock event thanks to Slugma).

Ice types are less urgent, but as a long shot it would be nice to finally get a Lapras. Otherwise, I'm not short of candy or high IV versions for Cloyster, Dewgong or Jynx, so no hurry. I was already about to get the Ice badge in a day or two anyway.

Actually got my Charizard tonight.  Little Jax was ecstatic.  He's one of those Wonders it would seem...

On 6/13/2017 at 6:22 PM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

As I drove into my neighborhood, it was suddenly filled with fire and ice types, so I came to ask if something was going on.  Caught 3 Cyndaquils up at the pond.  (I didn't need anything else but there were Sheldors. Ponytas, and even a Charmander, and then a Houndhour in my house)

I'm catching everything and anything.  Building up as much dust as I can so I can get all my stronger Pokemon charged up after I hit level 30 in a day or two...

I tried catching everything the past couple of days.  I keep running out of room in my pokebag (or whatever) and I've now used up all my great balls too.  I don't get enough pokestops when I can't hit the park near work (and it's been month's since I did that). I certainly can't get a lot to evolve with a lucky egg. 

It certainly gets harder the more pokemon you have. I only have duplicates of a couple that are not the backups for evolving (ok, I evolve the highest CP, then keep the second highest, so those don't really affect the count)

Anyway, the Cindy's must be on my sleep schedule...every other day. Caught a ton of them today and now I only need two more.

Archived