Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

So apparently the gyms are in for a rehaul? I have no idea what it will mean, but it would be nice if it somehow stopped the three yellow ones that raids every gym in my city, every night.

In other news, since my last Gligar I've hatched two Chanseys and two Laprases. The Chansey candies were welcome since I was walking a Chansey in order to power up my Blissey, at 2700 right now, not that it matters against anyone close to level 30. The two Laprases were duds, one was a wonder but both had water attacks which pretty much makes them useless copies of Vaporeon. I already have a Lapras with ice attacks though, which makes it a buffed Cloyster. 

Festival a success, as I started with a single Cyntaqil and a single Houndour, and I now have a Typhlosion and a Houndoom. Also, enough canides (and more) to power up my wonder Arcanine.

Felt good. Would still like that #¤#"# Porygon.

One thing that sucks about the gym update is that my Cloyster army is now useless. In fact, all my Cloysters are useless since the ice Lapras always will be more useful. I'm glad I didn't have time to power up a second Machamp though :)

Arghhh. Finally saw my first Lapras in the wild, walked ten minutes to go get it, and the damn thing popped free of my first ultra ball and fled. Grrrrr. It was only 460 CP! So annoyed.

3 minutes ago, Starkess said:

Arghhh. Finally saw my first Lapras in the wild, walked ten minutes to go get it, and the damn thing popped free of my first ultra ball and fled. Grrrrr. It was only 460 CP! So annoyed.

Actually saw my first wild Lapras today as well.  Only 34 CP,  but got it.  So at least that white whale is off the list...maybe someday I'll have a useful one down the line...

I updated this morning and it looks like at least one of my questions has been (partially) answered.  On the tracking screen, there is now a “Raid” indicator.  Not sure how much info will appear there, or the distance of the gyms it will show.  I don’t have any gyms that show up on my screen from my house, but there are several within a mile or so. 

I do like the high def look though J

Is the game slow to open for everyone else, too?  There's a pokestop at the end of my road and I usually open the app when I leave my driveway because then it will be open by the time I get to the stop sign, but since the update it hasn't opened fast enough, even if I sit at the stop sign for a bit.  Can't tell if it's just the game or if I need to do another uninstall/reinstall.

I did my first Raid.  It was against a CP 12000 Muk.  I am level 32.  I was able to beat him by myself.  You don't have to "team" persay, but it shows the raid available for anyone nearby to see.  When you click battle, it puts up a timer before the start where you can set-up your line up and other people can join in.  

It was a pretty easy fight, but he had a ton more health and did a ton more damage.  I lost only one pokemon, a golem, who managed to take him 2/3rds of the way down.

Upon beating it, I was able to then catch the Muk (It was Amazing and in the same upgrade position as if it came from an egg), I got some Rainbow Candy (It is multi purpose candy for any pokemon) and Golden Razzberries.

Archived