Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

how do you know this?  when I checked on the Shop page, there's no timer.  I now have guys in 2 gyms.  Took forever to take the gyms down as I kept getting "Network Error" It was so frustrating.  I almost took out my opponent in under 30 seconds, but after a while, it just quit.

But I had nothing better to do tonight, so 1 hour later, I was in 2 gyms ;) 

ETA: I found the timers

ETA2: Each pokemon only lasted 1hr45 minutes. I got 20gold.  Took down the closest gym and left Gyarados again.  My little Asha (Vaporeon) kicked some serious butt.  She's not a wonder, but she does have a perfect stat set. She's nearing her 100th victory.

ETA3: Time doesn't seen cumulative like it was before, but with 10gp every hour, that's ok. :) 

9 hours ago, Leap said:

That's been rectified - it's now 1 coin every 10 minutes your defender is in a gym. 50 coins max per day.

That's annoying - my Blissey was in a gym for 19 hours yesterday and only got 19 coins

Participated in a Raid today against a 11,200 Muk. Upon defeating him, I got 1 rare candy and 4 golden razberries, and some balls to use to catch a Muk.  That Muk was only a 1513 CP.  I already have a 1527 Muk (I haven't checked to see if he's a wonder or perfect yet, my phone needs to recharge.

These are the things I learned:

1) Even though I can't see the Gym from my house, I did get a notice more than an hour in advance (I wonder if it gives a 2 hour advance? and how far away will you get a notice? as a crow flies, the gym is less than a mile, and the closest to my house)

2) You only need 1 Raid pass to fight the boss, even if it takes you, like 3 tries ;) (I was worried about that, since I was fighting alone)

3) The boss stays in the gym for 1 hour

4) The purple egg hatched a MUK

5) you can create a private group to fight in the Raid, but everyone has 100 seconds to join and pick their fighters

6) the fight only lasted 178 seconds (I guess it could have been 180), but that's 3 minutes, not the 5 stated in the article on the Pokemon Go website.

I'm still not sure how the coin system works, but it seems it caps at 50? Which seems kind of bad if you manage to stay for a long time (not that I ever do) I ended up staying for 2 days and 5 h though and that gave me 50 coins.

Me either.  This morning I was in the same gym as Friday night, but apparently for only 45 minutes as now my "time defending" is 2hr 26 minutes, and I didn't get anything.  So I assume you have to be in the gym over an hour to get anything, but then it's 1gp for 10 minutes, up to 50gp?

eta: I had to reboot at lunch and my account updated with 4 more gp for my 45 minutes in the gym this morning

11 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Wow, that's a lot! How many gyms were you in?

Honestly not more than two I believe.  I jumped 5, then 50, then 50 again, and then 36, and finally 1...though I had two gyms for just about two days...

Caught a Machamp after defeating a boss today!  Now all I need to finish my North American quest is Dragonite.  Including my 5 "special" candies, I'm now at 83/100.  Almost there!

I think I need to ask some friends if they'd be willing to catch Mr. Mime, Kangaskhan and Farfetch'd for me ;)

1 hour ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Found the timers...but it stink you can't see what's gping on with your Pokemon unless you're close enough to open the gym...

You can get the gym list in the screen with the medals, tap the gym which has your Pokemon in it and it will tell you how long it's been there

I see questions about collecting and raiding, my wife and I have been futzing around with it.

You still get 1 coin every 10 Minutes, you can earn up to 50 gold coins a day.  You get those coins when your Pokemon get defeated in battle upon their return.  If you hit the cap, then you just get your pokemon back, no coins.

Raids are pretty fun.  On your radar where you see raids, they tell you the time they are accessible via a 24 hour clock (so 20:15 would be 8:15pm).  The Timers of the Eggs above the Gym is the count down to the start (I.E. The Count down to the Time listed on the Raid Radar.)  

You have one hour to beat the raid, the pass lets you keep trying for that hour until the boss is defeated.

Rule of Thumb, Raids have symbols that rank difficulty:

Ranked 1 (1 Monster, Pink Egg):  Easiest one, you should be able to beat this on your own

Ranked 2 (2 Monsters, Pink Egg):  Again, you should be able to beat this on your own.

Ranked 3 (3 Monsters, Yellow Egg):  Considerably harder, most likely need 2 - 4 people to be it.

Ranked 4 (4 Monsters, Yellow Egg):  Much Harder, Need 4 plus people to beat 

This is all a rule of thumb

When you go to raid, there is 110 (Maybe 150, can't remember) seconds were people can join you, once that window is closed, no one else can join you for that attempt.  If you fail, you can make another attempt, where people will again get 110 seconds to join you.

3 hours ago, Maltaran said:

You can get the gym list in the screen with the medals, tap the gym which has your Pokemon in it and it will tell you how long it's been there

Okay. This is something I've been looking for in the game.  I'm always forgetting what gyms I've put a Pokemon into.  I'd know there was one in a gym, but I'd forget where!  I can't believe I hadn't found this yet!

2 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

I see questions about collecting and raiding, my wife and I have been futzing around with it.

You still get 1 coin every 10 Minutes, you can earn up to 50 gold coins a day.  You get those coins when your Pokemon get defeated in battle upon their return.  If you hit the cap, then you just get your pokemon back, no coins.

Wait. What do you mean?  I had as Snorlax hold a spot in a gym for a day and 6 hours and when he funky got booted, I got 100 coins...what cap are you referring to?

Archived