Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

3 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Okay. This is something I've been looking for in the game.  I'm always forgetting what gyms I've put a Pokemon into.  I'd know there was one in a gym, but I'd forget where!  I can't believe I hadn't found this yet!

Wait. What do you mean?  I had as Snorlax hold a spot in a gym for a day and 6 hours and when he funky got booted, I got 100 coins...what cap are you referring to?

There was a day where you could do that, now it is capped at 50.  They did it when they increased the rate of gain.

I think I'll attend my first raid in about an hour. It's a yellow egg with four heads so I guess I might not be able to take it on my own? Though if it's a Tyranitar then six Vaporeons should get pretty far I think and if it's a Dragonite some kind of Cloyster, Lapras, Gyarados combo might do it? Time will tell I guess, I'm walking my Larvitar so a Tyranitar would be nice though.

Lany, if you like I can catch a Mr. Mime for you.

10 hours ago, Guy Kilmore said:

There was a day where you could do that, now it is capped at 50.  They did it when they increased the rate of gain.

Huh. I misunderstood what you meant.  I'm good with a fifty coin cap.  However it seems that its a fifty coin cap nonmatter how long you hold it?

Though I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get any coins after one of my Rhydons finally got booted...oh well.

Still doing better than ever in coins. 

50 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Huh. I misunderstood what you meant.  I'm good with a fifty coin cap.  However it seems that its a fifty coin cap nonmatter how long you hold it?

Though I'm trying to figure out why I didn't get any coins after one of my Rhydons finally got booted...oh well.

Still doing better than ever in coins. 

50 coins a day total.  So you have 800 guys come back, the most they can bring you, in total of all 800 is 50 gold in a day.  If you hold it for 1 day, 5 days, 2 years, the most that one can bring back is 50 gold.  If the aforementioned one is part of the 800 that come back that day, the most you get, 50 gold.

You didn't get any coins after your Rhydon got booted because you already got your 50 gold coins that day.

4 hours ago, Mikael said:

I think I'll attend my first raid in about an hour. It's a yellow egg with four heads so I guess I might not be able to take it on my own? Though if it's a Tyranitar then six Vaporeons should get pretty far I think and if it's a Dragonite some kind of Cloyster, Lapras, Gyarados combo might do it? Time will tell I guess, I'm walking my Larvitar so a Tyranitar would be nice though.

Lany, if you like I can catch a Mr. Mime for you.

Let me know how it goes.  The fours I've done we needed like 5 people, even with an army of Vaporeons.

Well, it didn't go at all. I was alone against a 25k Blastoise. My first Jolteon lowered it by about 5%, so I let Blissey run the time out, and do another 5% damage, to see if I could take it up where I left it health wise. It wasn't so.

Not sure how I feel about the new update. With the 1 coin per hour, I hated it. Staying in a gym around here for an hour is quite a feat. With the 1 coin per 10 minutes, it's much better, but the lack of ability to manage your coin rates is frustrating. I was in a couple gyms for over 15 hours and they all went down within 2 hours of each other and I only got the 50 coins. Ah, well. Raids are okay. I think I was lucky to be visiting Chicago when they rolled out, because they were EVERYWHERE. It was actually kind of cool--ended up in a group of 6 strangers (plus my bf) taking down a Lapras. Of course I ended up not being able to catch him afterwards, even with 11 tries and golden razzes. Grrr. But the sting was lessened somewhat by the fact that I had just the day before randomly popped across a wild Lapras, so I finallllllly have my Gen 1 complete (except for the regionals/legendaries)!! Woot.

The person on the Red team that I often trade a gym with has pissed me off this week and I'm going to use the new gp reward system to get my revenge. All I have to do is nothing.

Every single time I have taken over the gym, she has kicked me out in under an hour.

My solution is to stop taking it over. She won't be able to collect any gold coins at all!  (and eventually, she'll get the 50gp for a long stay when she was getting it twice a day)

I'm not too worried about others kicking her out, as the gym gets very little action and it is currently passed the detour turnoff that has to be taken on that road, so all those people like me who would stop by to or from work, now miss it completely.  (I was going into the "local traffic only" area, but it's a PITA and adds even more time to the commute thanks to the detour.)

She must be local, because she has knocked me out 5 times in less than an hour, both in the morning and in the evening. (which means she was collecting 10+ hours worth (50gp) twice a day). (the others times it was over an hour, but never much more than that)

(a year's worth of experience tells me there are 4 red players and 2 other yellow players that frequent this gym, but I have only seen the one person since I took the 4 of them down right after the update started)

So it seems you can't see when a gym is in the midst of a battle from the map page anymore?  I've made my way to a couple gyms looking to jump into them, only to find out they're unavailable because of the attack.  

I believe the attacking animation is gone--I haven't seen it. But there's also a known bug that you can't place a Pokemon in a friendly gym for ~10 minutes after it's taken over, and it will say it is because the gym is under attack even if it is not. 

If you are taking over gyms in a group, the best way to get around it is to make sure everyone has hit the "add a pokemon" arrow before anyone selects a pokemon and to ensure that you are placing different types of pokemon. Otherwise you just have to wait it out.

1 hour ago, Starkess said:

I believe the attacking animation is gone--I haven't seen it. But there's also a known bug that you can't place a Pokemon in a friendly gym for ~10 minutes after it's taken over, and it will say it is because the gym is under attack even if it is not. 

If you are taking over gyms in a group, the best way to get around it is to make sure everyone has hit the "add a pokemon" arrow before anyone selects a pokemon and to ensure that you are placing different types of pokemon. Otherwise you just have to wait it out.

I've had zero issues getting into a gym I've taken over...though it doesn't always turn red right away...

21 hours ago, Starkess said:

If you were part of the attacking group and do get locked out.  Just rapidly click the add pokemon button and it will eventually let you through.

That's pretty cool. Did you get a screen shot of it on the map?

Speaking of maps, I wish there were live maps of local gyms.  My town seems to be divided into zones, and there is only one gym in my zone, and I can't see it on my screen (but I do get raid notices for just that one).  There are 8 other gyms (2 new ones, although I can't figure out why they added them so close to the other 6, when there is just 1 at this end of town) all clustered together in the other zone.

8 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

That's pretty cool. Did you get a screen shot of it on the map?

Ha. I'm lucky I know how to play the game.  I'm awful at screenshots...

And some 5 hours later, it's still actually hanging on...

20 minutes ago, Stego said:

I'm enjoying the new raids, but I haven't seen a 4 star yet. I'd rather not solo another Crocanaw. 

I saw a 4 star one yesterday, and I simply quit when no one else showed up. :lol:

I've gone through more potions than I thought possible the past couple of weeks.  to think I used to just delete them.  I've used over 40 revives (I had 51 at the start)

I have done 2 4 star raids, they are tough and we definitely needed around 6 people or so to do them.  I think it was for a Snorlax and a Tryanitar.  My wife and I can do a 3 Star Raid together and we are level 32.

I know for the 4 star we had to look to see if people were just sitting in their car and then we would walk over and wave a phone at them.  It was weird.

Archived