Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

My boyfriend and I can take down level 3 raids by ourselves (level 30/32), but we've only done one level 4 and even with 6-7 people we didn't get it until the second try. We saw a Tyranitar raid today and skulked about looking for anyone else who might be battling, but there was no one so we didn't bother wasting a raid pass with just the two of us. It is kind of funny to be trying to scope out total strangers to see if they're playing.

:commie: Took me just under a year, but I have completed the North American Gen 1! :commie: (would have been done sooner if I had continued my son's account instead of starting my own)

Now to seriously start working on Gen 2.  (I have 79/96 that I believe are available.  Just need a Sun Stone for one of them)

I am using a combination of gyms...some I know turn over daily, and some I think are longer term ones.  So far I have maxed out every day. Since a couple of the gyms are in school zones, come September, I won't be able to rely them to last more than a few minutes, so I have to make the deal with red team soon.

in good news, I made level 30 and evolved a Tryranasour. He's my highest CP and a wonder (and he's no where near maxed out, but I need more candies and dust)

in bad news (stupido news, really) I got over excited this morning when I hatched a Tyrogue and evolved mine without looking up anything. I got another Hitmonchan when I need a Hitmontop. Of course I have now looked up the info, and they evolve based on their highest stat when you appraise them:

(Stamina = HP)

ETA:  I have also written my letter to the Red Team at our contested gym (the one they kept kicking me out of in under 30 minutes, twice a day, so I stopped attacking them for over a week - it didn't earn them much to kick me out once they already had their coins for the day.  I proposed a 50/50 split with them.  we'll see if they agree if they don't kick me out tonight.  I also told them about the berries, those poor pokemon are all at nearly zero CP.)

We'll still have to contend with the random blue team players, but they were pretty rare at this gym (weird since they dominate most other areas around here)

Two of the three Red team people wrote back that they accept my plan.  I assume the 3rd one does too since she didn't kick me out last night (and I think she is the one who lives in that little area)

Yesterday I hatched a Chancey! Now I can work on powering up my Fat Walla  :lol: 

All of my original pokemon and my top pokemon have GOT names except my Gyarados  and my Sakura.  Any suggestions? (Gyarados is red, but I've used most of the familiar Targaryen names on the fire types - Dany is my top flarion) 

First ever raid with more than just me.  Interesting.  And in the end it netted me a Muk.  A Pokemon I still didn't have.  I've never even seen, let alone sniffed a grimer.  So this was good.

I was updating my list, looking to see what size eggs or from whom some pokemon evolve, and learned that there are 4 more than I thought not available from Gen 2.  That means I only need 10 more to finish (or 35 depending on how you look at it ;)

there is speculation that Delibird might come out around Christmas and maybe Smeargle this summer.

2 are catch only- don't hatch or evolve from another pokemon: #201 Unown (there are actually 26 different types of it--extremely rare) and #214 Heracross

The unavailable list

83. Farfetch’d  (Asia only)
115. Kangaskhan (Aussie Only)

122. Mr Mime (Europe Only)

144. Articuno 
145. Zapdos 
146. Moltres 
150. Mewtwo 
151. Mew 
225. Delibird
235. Smeargle
243. Raikou
244. Entei
245. Suicune
249. Lugia
250. Ho-Oh

251. Celebi

• 2 weeks later...

I just missed being part of a legendary raid (Articuno) by 2 minutes.  But I learned a few things talking to the people there.

The egg was silver, it took 10 people to defeat it, and they had like 6 seconds left.  Only 1 of the 10 actually caught it afterwards.

I joined their facebook group so next time I'll know when there's another

eta:  There was a Lugia raid, and like 50 people showed up. :lol: I caught one, then joined with the last group in my son's account and caught another.  it was pretty exciting.  I've never seen so many people playing at once

After looking up stuff, I used my 3 TMs (2 Fast, 1 Charged).  I'm very pleased with the results.  I used the Charged on Gyardos and went from crunch which did 70 damage to outrage which does 110; I don't remember what my tyranatar had, but now his fast move is Iron Tail which does 15 damage (pretty sure doubled) and Rhydon got Mud Slap -15 damage.

almost forgot...I thought I was getting new "additional" moves, but the moves replace the ones you already have, as far as I can tell, unless there is a way to revert back. (I mean, it's not like your pokemon should forget the ones they already know, right)

After a raid, two of the items you can get are Fast TMs and Charged TMs. You can use them to change the moveset of one of your Pokemon. It's random, though--there's a possibility of getting a worse one! Still, they're pretty neat.

Looks like we only have until Sunday to catch and Articuno.  So far I haven't had any luck

Legendary Pokémon Available from Available until Catch Method
Articuno Sat July 22nd Sun July 30th Raid
Moltres Mon July 31st Sun August 6th Raid
Zapdos Mon August 7th Sun August 13th Raid
Mew - - N/A
Mewtwo - - N/A
Raiku - - N/A
Entei - - N/A
Suicune - - N/A
Lugia Sat July 22nd Unknown Raid
Ho-oh - - N/A
Celebi - - N/A

I've been lucky. Someone saw me playing and dragged me along to a raid for Lugia. Caught it, and was added to a messenger group for raids in the area. 

Which gave me Articuno today. I don't have much time to play atm, so I'm happy with both legendary birds from two raids.

Still haven't caught - or seen - Porygon. 

I hatched 2 porygons, but have never seen one in the wild. I'm walking him now.

Still no Articuno :(  Taking my son hunting tomorrow, hopefully between the 2 groups I joined, we'll get one.

Caught my son a Tyranator in the pouring rain this afternoon (with the in-town group). Of the "regular" raids, he still needs Muk and Machamp, which need 2-3 people depending. Hopefully we'll get those tomorrow too

I hate having to play with other people.

I drove over 15 minutes to get to the last Articuno raid.  There was 35 minutes left when I got there.  a couple showed up, then a few more, then a few more.  by 15 min remaining, we had enough to go (8 people - have won several times with 8). but someone else was coming.  ok. and someone else. and next thing you know it is 5 minutes remaining before we start.  half the people got kicked out and couldn't get back in because the raid timer was out (even though the battle was still on-going).  15 people, and we LOST!  So pissed off! It is rude to keep waiting once the raid hits 10 minutes remaining. 

Thought I'd beat up a red gym to make myself feel better.  All the pokemon have been in the gym over 10 hours, so no big deal.  I get almost finished, am getting ready to finish them off, when a car pulls up, and feeds them all up to max again. I got pissed off again and drove off. So friggen rude. (one guy had 4 of the 5 accounts)

4 of the 5 accounts? Why would you level multiple accounts? I guess it's possible if you cheat anyway, but if you don't it seems pretty pointless. I will probably never get a legendary, the local gym never has more than like 2 people there at the same time and with three small children, going out just to catch pokemon isn't really an option :D

4 hours ago, Mikael said:

4 of the 5 accounts? Why would you level multiple accounts? I guess it's possible if you cheat anyway, but if you don't it seems pretty pointless. I will probably never get a legendary, the local gym never has more than like 2 people there at the same time and with three small children, going out just to catch pokemon isn't really an option :D

They're his family...I've never seen the kids, just him and his wife, so I don't know how old they are.  I could understand this under the old system of gold coin rewards. I assumed he had already gotten his gold for the day, so didn't want to get kicked out until the next day.

I never would have gotten one if I hadn't accidentally found the people and joined the facebook group. 

The park near where I work is pretty good, being in a downtown area.  I just went to a raid yesterday and within 15 minutes people were showing up.

eta: you must live in a smaller place than I do.  My town is about 4 sq miles, and we have 8 gyms now (got 2 more with the gym update they did).  One of the new ones is right next to a playground, which is awesome if you need to bring little ones along.

21 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I hate having to play with other people.

I drove over 15 minutes to get to the last Articuno raid.  There was 35 minutes left when I got there.  a couple showed up, then a few more, then a few more.  by 15 min remaining, we had enough to go (8 people - have won several times with 8). but someone else was coming.  ok. and someone else. and next thing you know it is 5 minutes remaining before we start.  half the people got kicked out and couldn't get back in because the raid timer was out (even though the battle was still on-going).  15 people, and we LOST!  So pissed off! It is rude to keep waiting once the raid hits 10 minutes remaining. 

Thought I'd beat up a red gym to make myself feel better.  All the pokemon have been in the gym over 10 hours, so no big deal.  I get almost finished, am getting ready to finish them off, when a car pulls up, and feeds them all up to max again. I got pissed off again and drove off. So friggen rude. (one guy had 4 of the 5 accounts)

I've been having a lot of fun with the new gym/raid system, and have met a ton of cool people, but these are definitely two of the big flaws. I have no problem waiting for people- I want as many people as possible to get the raid Pokemon. But sometimes people have to go back to work or do something else or you wait too long and then the raid glitches out as it did for you. It should be common courtesy to give an accurate estimate for how long you'll be (not this "I'll be there in two minutes" for a half hour) and to let people go ahead without you if it's taking too long.

And ya, also not a fan of some people in this new gym system. Maybe you can blame Niantic for making a weird system where you need opposing team members to beat you to get rewards, but if that's what it is, I think we can all be nice enough to let other people get their coins. I don't attack gyms that are less than four hours old, and once my Pokemon have gotten their daily limit, I don't feel the need to raspberry them so they stay forever.

Archived