Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing in the early mornings or an occasional raid in the late evenings since my skin cancer surgery.  I had to put basically oil on the scar line for a few weeks, and can't really have any sun/heat exposure.

Now that school has started again, I can't do my early mornings any more :bawl:  (I have to get my son up for school and make sure he gets on the bus, and that gives just enough time to get to work)

Never did catch a Moltres :( I hope they come back again (they would have to at some point, for new players who join)

Made my first attempt at a Raikou last night and failed.

We do big groups all the time - we use a combination of facebook messenger, discord and some work-email. Tyranitar is the one most people are willing to go after. 

Also apparently people are starting to get EX raid passes. 

We always do big groups too.  Like Kalbear, we use facebook messenger and discord to co-ordinate them (ok, I don't use discord, but some of our group do, and they then post in the messenger group)

What's an EX raid pass?  I know a lot of people in my area bought a ton of raid passes when they had the special deals last month.

40 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

What's an EX raid pass?  I know a lot of people in my area bought a ton of raid passes when they had the special deals last month.

The EX raid pass is the special raid pass that you need to do the MewTwo raid. They're going out as invite only, are sent like 24 hours in advance and give you a two-hour window to go do the raid at that place along with everyone else. 

Ah. I suppose I should look for a Facebook group or something...but no one i work with plays the game, as far as I know, and frankly all out friends are back in Ohio and Illinois...we just don't have people we hang with in Virginia...

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 9:54 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

Ah. I suppose I should look for a Facebook group or something...but no one i work with plays the game, as far as I know, and frankly all out friends are back in Ohio and Illinois...we just don't have people we hang with in Virginia...

I play with strangers all the time.  I've become friends with a couple of them :)

• 1 month later...

The Halloween event is live with double candies, witch hat Pikachu, at least 5 gen 3 pokemon: Duskull - Dusclops, Shuppet - Banette and Sableye which also comes in a shiny form.  The rest of Gen 3 will be out in December. http://www.businessinsider.com/pokemon-go-gen-3-pokemon-candy-bonuses-halloween-event-2017-10

• 1 month later...

I guess there's no Thanksgiving event this year.

Are people still playing? I haven't been able to much this month. I can only do raids after work, and couldn't drive after dark for a couple of weeks due to broken glasses.  I find my enthusiasm tends to ebb and flow a bit.  I get excited when new stuff comes out, but it doesn't last long.

I just read the update on the X-raids and they are still going to be my invite only, so I guess I need to make more efforts at the 2 gyms at the park (they will mostly be at parks and sponsored places). Things that make it more likely you'll get invited are a high gym rating at the target gym (makes being Yellow pretty sucky in a Red and Blow world) and lots of other raids completed.

1 hour ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I guess there's no Thanksgiving event this year.

Are people still playing? I haven't been able to much this month. I can only do raids after work, and couldn't drive after dark for a couple of weeks due to broken glasses.  I find my enthusiasm tends to ebb and flow a bit.  I get excited when new stuff comes out, but it doesn't last long.

I just read the update on the X-raids and they are still going to be my invite only, so I guess I need to make more efforts at the 2 gyms at the park (they will mostly be at parks and sponsored places). Things that make it more likely you'll get invited are a high gym rating at the target gym (makes being Yellow pretty sucky in a Red and Blow world) and lots of other raids completed.

Im absolutely still playing. We actually let Little Jax have his own account and he and I would go walking in Colonial Williamsburg...though he doesn't play as much now.

With my coming move, I'm intrigued tonsee what the area will be like for gyms and stops. It's been too easy having a gym and a stop inside my building for so long.

Anyone else hear the rumors of Gen 3 coming as soon as next month...?

Gen3 will probably be out early December. 

The current 3billion catch event is pretty nice - double XP and 6 hour lures for now, double stardust later. Getting stardust and guaranteed golden razberries in raids is nice now too. 

Archived