Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 4:56 AM, Mikael said:

I'm never going to any raids, don't have the time, but I caught a Farfetch'd today. Will the other regionals show up too? Is anyone still playing? :D

I can only do raids in the evenings and a few on weekends, and sometimes I'm just too tired after work. I missed the Riaku ones...maid like 3 raids, and failed to catch him.  My small town has a facebook message group so we can coordinate. But I missed most of this month when I broke my regular distance (driving) glasses and only had an old pair of prescription sunglasses (previous prescription) and couldn't drive at night.

I got my Farfetch'd too.  was pretty happy about that.

You should try and do level 1 raids if you do nothing else - they are soloable, give golden razzberries and stardust, and are the fastest way to level up gym badges. 

If you're level 30 and above you can pretty reliably solo all level 2 raids, and some level 3s. They don't take very long to do. 

Try and do one raid a day, just a level 1. It's worth it.

Yes, I've been doing level 2 raids fairly easily, and did a level 4 by myself, but it was a weak-ish Charmeleon. Also knocked off and caught a Magneton, and it was a fair sized one, 12 or 14 thousand.

I just went out and caught as many Farfetch'd as I could. The big ones all sucked, lowest level, and the two tiniest, 11 and 14 CP, were a wonder and caught my attention, 1st and 2nd level in Mystic terms. I kept the 11 CP wonder and with 74 candy, plan to bump it up to a decent level. I also kept my biggest shitty one, with a 723 CP.

Wasting stardust on a Farfetch'd sounds insane, insane I tell you, but I guess you are still on your path to collect a wonder of every kind. 

I hadn't done a raid in at least a month I think, but I acctually did two today as I passed the neighbourhood gym, both on my own of course, one 8k and one 12k. The exp and the berries weren't half bad, though the monsters were meh. Now that it's in every second 10k egg porygon isn't much of a white whale anymore.. 

3 hours ago, Mikael said:

Wasting stardust on a Farfetch'd sounds insane, insane I tell you, but I guess you are still on your path to collect a wonder of every kind. 

I hadn't done a raid in at least a month I think, but I acctually did two today as I passed the neighbourhood gym, both on my own of course, one 8k and one 12k. The exp and the berries weren't half bad, though the monsters were meh. Now that it's in every second 10k egg porygon isn't much of a white whale anymore.. 

Must be nice. I haven't seen a Porygon in at least six months, and I've hatched at least 15 10k eggs in that time period, maybe 20!

• 2 weeks later...

New Pokémon should be out today (about 50 gen 3), as well as real time local weather reflecting in the game and affecting what pokemon may be available.

https://pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/en/post/hoenn-pokemon

Of course I forgot my phone at home, so I haven't seen anything at all :lol:

I'm loving the new update. The weather has been different the past few days (cloudy, snowy, and sunny) and it's been great how much it actually changes the Pokemon you get. The other day was lots of bugs, gastlys, and fairy pokemon, yesterday was tons of swinub and seels, and today there have been bulbasaurs, geodudes, and vulpixes around. This is a very nice change from what things were like a week ago, when everything was a pidgey, natu, sentret, ledyba, or weedle.

I've got some of the cool new Pokemon. I've caught a few of the sloths, which seem to like showing up around my apartment. And I caught a grass gen 3 starter today. All in all, I'm very happy with the game right now, whereas last week I was very bored with it.

5 hours ago, Caligula_K3 said:

All in all, I'm very happy with the game right now, whereas last week I was very bored with it.

Yeah, every time I start getting tired of the game, ready to quit (or stop for a bit) they do something new. Guess they got the timing right ;)

I've only caught like 5 new guys, one from a gym raid

The weather thing is awesome. Catching lvl 30+ tier 1 pokemon is incredibly cool. Even if the weather itself is amusingly inaccurate.

I've almost got enough candy to evolve to my Gardevoir. 

Also, the previous weekend we did a 3-hour 10 raid run with a bunch of Mystic people, and that was fucking awesome. My daughter caught a perfect Ho-Oh too. 

I haven't been playing p-go for a while, but I'm on a road trip and out of curiosity I opened the app. Ive never done the gyms before, but checked it out. Had no idea what to do as it said to just leave my thing in there. I did it at the next gym and the next. Apparently no one is playing at rest areas or parks. A day or two later I started getting notifications that I'd been kicked out and here's some coins!

And now I understand gyms. I've taken over gyms, raided gyms, held gyms. This game got fun again. 

Something really annoying with this recent update - when I am reviewing my Pokémon, cleaning out extras so I have more room, as soon as I hit the transfer button, the list goes back to the top.

That is sooooooo damn annoying now that I have a bag that holds 550 of the damn things!

Archived