Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

• 1 month later...

Is there a more annoying aspect to this game than have a Pokemon sit in a gym for seven days straight and then get zero coins out of it because when it does get bumped, you've already exceeded your allotment of 50 a day elsewhere...?

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Yes, it is not getting invites/raid passes to either of the Mewtwo raids.  I'm quite pissed off.  (by either, I mean the ones that were done back in the fall and the ones that happened last weekend)

My suggestion: completely give up hope and know it'll never happen to you. This is what I did and I was lucky enough to get my first for last weekend. There were a ton of people at my ex-raid too (like, 50+), which makes me think they're giving them out to a lot more people. Of course, if you're not near sponsored gyms or parks (like me), this expansion may not be super helpful... I'm really hoping they expand ex-raids to other public spaces. But yeah, I completely feel your pain and frustration... Good luck! 

We have one park with 2 gyms. I made sure I spent time in both gyms, I did raids at both gyms, all the things they said you needed to do to get the ex-raid pass. I'm ready to quit (again) but I'm a bit of an obsessive collector...this time it just happens to be pokemon ;)  if I had all the Gen 3's, I would be out until the Gen 4 release.

On 2/13/2018 at 8:25 AM, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

We have one park with 2 gyms. I made sure I spent time in both gyms, I did raids at both gyms, all the things they said you needed to do to get the ex-raid pass. I'm ready to quit (again) but I'm a bit of an obsessive collector...this time it just happens to be pokemon ;)  if I had all the Gen 3's, I would be out until the Gen 4 release.

My lack of time/ability/effort to get the legendary Pokemon means I'll likely never have a full set...I want to Raid more...battle more, but timing is always a pain.

But I know what you mean.  Though how I'll ever get the Hitmonlee to finish Gen 1 except for legends and outside the country Pokemon, I'll never know... :P

Basically, if you do a raid at specific gyms which are NO WHERE MENTIONED IN THE FUCKING GAME you might get a chance at an invite to an EX pass, which allows you to go to a specific place at a specific time which is ALMOST NEVER FUCKING CONVENIENT FOR YOU AT ALL and do a raid to get a MewTwo.

The good news is that MewTwo is 3 times easier to catch than legendaries.

The bad thing is EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING ABOUT THE PROCESS. 

On ‎2‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 4:35 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

My lack of time/ability/effort to get the legendary Pokemon means I'll likely never have a full set...I want to Raid more...battle more, but timing is always a pain.

But I know what you mean.  Though how I'll ever get the Hitmonlee to finish Gen 1 except for legends and outside the country Pokemon, I'll never know... :P

Yeah, they had published the criteria for getting the ex-raid passes...do raids and spending time in the gyms in the parks. I made sure I did at least 1 raid every weekend, and often 1 during the evenings during the week (but these were not always at the park) and I tried at least once a week to take over the park gyms, but if when I got there, the people in the gym had held it only a short time, I then didn't take it, and that was likely my only chance that week.  (80% of the players in my town make an effort at respectful gym taking, and try to do it only after the majority had been in the gym 10 hours - that other 20% who don't seem to be on our fb group seem to always target yellow and generally piss me off)

So yeah, I managed some time in the target gyms, but I guess not enough (if I start playing again, I will track how much time I'm in them.  The one gym I hit a lot does not get ex-raids because it is at a place of business)

My other curiosity I can't figure out: I've caught 313 type of Pokemon according to my Pokedex.  I have this odd thing for myself that I keep 1 representative of each available (I only have space for 400 total right now, so my 313 out of 400 works right now).  But if I exchange all extraneous Pokemon, excepting that I currently have three of the four version of the Castform right now and a second Rynhorn because both that I have are awesome.  So I shouldn't ever show more than 317 Pokemon, yet I currenty show 324...I cannot figure it out.  

First World Pokemon Problems.

• 3 weeks later...

I meant to mention...I finally made it to Level 35, eked out day by day over a cold, nasty winter. Now I only have 1,500,000 points to get for Level 36. <sigh>

On ‎2‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 0:46 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

My other curiosity I can't figure out: I've caught 313 type of Pokemon according to my Pokedex.  I have this odd thing for myself that I keep 1 representative of each available (I only have space for 400 total right now, so my 313 out of 400 works right now).  

I have room for 550, currently have 536. I foolishly fall in love with too many. I know I should delete a hundred of them. :P 

• 3 weeks later...

I have spent the winter walking a Flaaffy and am almost there with enough points to evolve to the final level, and now, bloody hell, there’s a Mareep event about to start?

I’m changing my buddy to something else right now!

In other news, I walked to the park this morning and a battle was about to commence and woah baby! There were 8 people there! I battled but did not get the mon, a big white dragon thing that started with L. But when I asked how they knew to get there, they told me they’re all on a group connected on WhatsApp and they added me in! I’ve just been getting message after message about raids in the neighborhood. I can’t do much today because it’s a busy day, but this is just so great!

22 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I have spent the winter walking a Flaaffy and am almost there with enough points to evolve to the final level, and now, bloody hell, there’s a Mareep event about to start?

I’m changing my buddy to something else right now!

In other news, I walked to the park this morning and a battle was about to commence and woah baby! There were 8 people there! I battled but did not get the mon, a big white dragon thing that started with L. But when I asked how they knew to get there, they told me they’re all on a group connected on WhatsApp and they added me in! I’ve just been getting message after message about raids in the neighborhood. I can’t do much today because it’s a busy day, but this is just so great!

I’m guess it was a Lugia.

Also two things, (i) I’m surprised this is still popular and (ii) I am having a blast picturing you walking around a park fighting kids.

Archived