Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

4 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Does the curveball bonus even still work? Let alone an excellent one...?  I keep throwing, mostly decent, curved throws and no acknowledgment of it.

You know how if you hold your finger on the ball before throwing it, you see the coloured circle that gets smaller? To get an Nice, Great, or Excellent throw, you need to hit inside the circle, and the smaller it is the better your bonus - it needs to be quite small for an Excellent.

On the bright side, the research tasks will still recognise an Excellent throw even if the mon breaks out of the ball, provided you catch it on a later throw and don't just leave it behind.

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

Fantastic advice! Thanks, Lany!

Even better, if you switch active apps while fighting, the other pokemon doesn't hit you that much and you can avoid getting any real cost of revives/pots. 

6 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

Kal, I don’t know what this means????

So on phones/ipads you can switch the active app to something else, like by hitting the home button and going to the internet or something. Do that. It'll put Pokemon go in standby mode, and during that time the timer will tick down but the battle won't be happening if you're the only one in the raid. 

2 hours ago, Maltaran said:

You know how if you hold your finger on the ball before throwing it, you see the coloured circle that gets smaller? To get an Nice, Great, or Excellent throw, you need to hit inside the circle, and the smaller it is the better your bonus - it needs to be quite small for an Excellent.

Oh of course.  Just never seen an excellent curveball...hell, no one of my curves throws are coming up as curveballs. So what do I know...?

Community Day is Sunday, April 15, one minute from when I started typing this post.

To remind you, during a 3 hour window eggs will hatch in 1/4 of the usual time (so 10k eggs will hatch in 2.5 k) and Lures will last for three hours. Mareep will be available in greater numbers and if evolved in the 3 hour period will learn a dragon move. 

The 3 hour time period starts at 11 am PT/2 pm ET and ends at 2 pm PT/5 pm ET.

In Europe and Africa the time period runs from 10 am to 1 pm UTC, and in Asia from 12 pm to 3pm JST.

I have 8 10k eggs I am looking forward to hatch! Maybe they'll give me a couple more 10k eggs tomorrow as well!

6 hours ago, Mikael said:

How did you get 8 10k? Were you saving for this event?

Last week all you got was 2k eggs. As I hatched them, every other egg has been a 10K and I have not hatched any of them in anticipation of today.

However, all day yesterday we had a progression of rain, freezing rain, ice pellets, a bit of snow, then ice pellets again. I can hear the hard tapping of ice pellets/freezing rain on my windows right now, it’s not going to be a great community day here, sadly. But I expect every darn poke stop in the city to be lit up with lures, and with the horrible weather I might just drive around at a snail’s pace for three hours, lol.

13 minutes ago, Mikael said:

I caught my first legendary, moltres from the achievements thing, all is Good, except it only har 1300 cp. Maybe ill start walking/powering it up once ive walked another 130 magikarp candies..

Don't bother walking it - it takes 20km for a single candy for legendaries. If you want to power it up use rare candies instead. 

That said, I wouldn't bother powering up Moltres; there are better fire types that are easier to get and it's not particularly relevant as an attacker or defender any time soon. The best it's going to do is up against the Regi legendaries, but they're so easy and have so many counters that it hardly matters. 

I forgot to check how many Mareep I had caught before, but I caught 60 or 70 of them, including several decent Wonders and a shiny. Sadly my shiny was only third rate. Other people I met caught shiny wonders. And now I have a flock of sheep with dragon moves!

My 10K eggs were a bit disappointing, nothing great, but a couple of rare ones in Bagons and Trapinchs, I gather their evolves are decent fighters, Salamence and Flygons.

Well, rare in the sense I have only caught 2 or 3 of them.

I get annoyed, though, when a 10K isn’t even a wonder.

And yes, knee deep in Machop here. Better still, Dratini are popping up, and I need a couple of decent Dragonites for fighting.

Flygon isn't particularly good. Salamence is slightly worse than Dragonite. 

Machops will go back to normal spawn rates tomorrow at about 1PM PST. Sadly. That's also when double candy ends, so make sure to dump your guys before then. 

Sitting on waiting for a Ditto...yet I've seen all of three pidgeys since the Kanto special started, not rattatas, or anything of Kanto Ditto types, and virtually no Jhoto or Hoenn pokemon. So finding ones that could be Dittos is a pain...

24 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Sitting on waiting for a Ditto...yet I've seen all of three pidgeys since the Kanto special started, not rattatas, or anything of Kanto Ditto types, and virtually no Jhoto or Hoenn pokemon. So finding ones that could be Dittos is a pain...

To cheer you up, look in parking lots for these guys to catch and transform:

Gen 1:

Pidgey, Ratatta, Zubat, Gastly

Gen 2

Yanma, Hoothoot, Sentret

Gen 3

Zigzagoon, Taillow, Gulpin, Whismur

Still not finding a Ditto :(

I thought community day was next weekend, so I missed it on Sunday :(

On the good side, it only took me 3 days to get 400+ magikarp candies, so I am ready if I ever get to that stage.

I watched a video on how to throw an "excellent" curve ball on Sunday, and this morning I made my first one. :commie:

I get a "nice" on about 50% of my curve balls now, a "great" on about 20% (and 20% are plain misses :P ). I should be ready for that challenge when I get to it.  I was surprised how quickly I caught on to it. (I can share the link to the video I watched when I get home tonight, if anyone is interested)

Anyone know what the second day 8 reward is? I am 1 day from mine.  *hoping for Articuno* (the one I was never able to catch)

Archived