Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

19 minutes ago, Mikael said:

Oh, is there a new one after moltres? Neat, im also on day 2. 

About machop, theyre still everywhere, and i just caught a maxed out wonder that i evolved into a 2600 machamp.

I would think they would rotate them...just don't know if it's on a certain schedule or not, and the article I read wasn't sure either.

It is still Moltres - even the third one is Moltres. They've not announced any rotation. Much of us think that after this month is over (which apparently is "fire" month or something - they'll switch to another one of the birds.

1 hour ago, Mikael said:

The Charmander event is next month though.

That was soooooooooooannoying to see!

One of the parks I go to has been knee deep in Charmanders, and I caught a boatload and evolved two wonders and used all my candy to power them up, because I needed some more fighters. Except next month the Charizards will have a special move. What a waste!

On the bright side of things I'm now 2/3 of the way to Level 36, just 500,000 points to go!

It was brutal to see how one moment there were sheep everywhere and the next moment there were none. The Machops have almost, but not completely, disappeared as well, but I'm seeing occasional Machop but not a single Mareep.

12 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Still not finding a Ditto :(

I thought community day was next weekend, so I missed it on Sunday :(

On the good side, it only took me 3 days to get 400+ magikarp candies, so I am ready if I ever get to that stage.

I watched a video on how to throw an "excellent" curve ball on Sunday, and this morning I made my first one. :commie:

I get a "nice" on about 50% of my curve balls now, a "great" on about 20% (and 20% are plain misses :P ). I should be ready for that challenge when I get to it.  I was surprised how quickly I caught on to it. (I can share the link to the video I watched when I get home tonight, if anyone is interested)

Anyone know what the second day 8 reward is? I am 1 day from mine.  *hoping for Articuno* (the one I was never able to catch)

Caught a Ditto today.  Attempted to catch nothing but Ditto types, once they all started appearing again after the Kanto event ended. 

The next set of challenges goes were/will be a breeze if I master that suggested raid battle strategy from above.  The recent event netted me 350 or so magikarp candy, but mainly because I wasn't using pineapples for each one.  Plus I already was sitting on 400+ just biding time before evolving a fish. Glad I learned about the need to do the evolution before I'd pulled the trigger.

What throwing video have you found?

Figured the curveball out...its different in process than I remember...of course, once i do, I actually hit an excellent curve on my fourth practice, when i don't need it yet and haven't come close since...

19 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Caught a Ditto today.  Attempted to catch nothing but Ditto types, once they all started appearing again after the Kanto event ended. 

The next set of challenges goes were/will be a breeze if I master that suggested raid battle strategy from above.  The recent event netted me 350 or so magikarp candy, but mainly because I wasn't using pineapples for each one.  Plus I already was sitting on 400+ just biding time before evolving a fish. Glad I learned about the need to do the evolution before I'd pulled the trigger.

What throwing video have you found?

I just spent 30 minutes not battling a raid :( 

Not sure if the update changed things, but it is now counting raids when you give your raid pass. You can quit right afterwards and it will still count, but it is going to cost you 10 raid passes, no getting around it now :( 

I'm just mad I wasted so much time before I realized it.

and I followed this video (in case anyone else wants it): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thEGLcJJcCY

2 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

10 raid passes with no cheating the system...? Damn.

Yes. I followed the advice about re-entering the raid and it didn't work, sadly. I don't know about you, but once I started to do raids the pokestops simply would not give me potion. Before I would hit pokestops that would only give me potion, and since I rarely battled, it was very annoying. I was always deleting potion. I did follow Kal's advice twice, about putting in tiny mon in a battle and then closing my Pokémon app and going to Google. The timer kept running but the raid stopped, so only the first mon was hurt. I then transferred that mon rather than heal it. Saved potion. I did this when there was no one else fighting and the raid subject had 3 or more stars, not something I could take down by myself.

I've also noticed that when a special category comes up in Field Research, they can't be found for love nor money. Earlier this evening I ended up with two of "Catch 3 Meowth or Skitty". After hours of searching (I was out and about, and pulled over in spots that I know are Pokémon rich) I gave up and deleted the 2nd of the two, just before turning onto my street, hitting the last pokestop for fresh research to replace it. As soon as I deleted it and turned the corner, lo and behold, a Skitty. Same thing when I had to catch 3 Dark Pokémon. No Murkrow or hounds to be found anywhere.

I have to say, though, two weeks of practicing curveballs paid off and I got my Excellent curveball.

So...I have now completed all the Special Research tasks and need to catch a Pokémon in AR mode. Here's an explanation of what that is:  https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015868188-Catching-Pokémon-in-AR-mode-iOS-only-

I'll do that tomorrow, in the light of day.

13 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

So...I have now completed all the Special Research tasks and need to catch a Pokémon in AR mode. Here's an explanation of what that is:  https://support.pokemongo.nianticlabs.com/hc/en-us/articles/115015868188-Catching-Pokémon-in-AR-mode-iOS-only-

I'll do that tomorrow, in the light of day.

1) AR and AR+ are not the same thing.  AR just puts the pokemon in the real world environment. I would sometimes use it to take fun pictures, like a rat on our table in a restaurant or Larpas on our local pond ;) AR+ is even more detailed in that you have to face the pokemon (not like I was able to do to make it look like it was on a table or on the pond or something) and the pokemon can "see" you coming. nevermind, I see the article does mention both

2) there is no requirement to do anything in AR mode to catch a mew, and thank goodness for that. (the silphroad is blocked from work, but that's that article I read on it.  it's the first one here

8 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

1) AR and AR+ are not the same thing.  AR just puts the pokemon in the real world environment. I would sometimes use it to take fun pictures, like a rat on our table in a restaurant or Larpas on our local pond ;) AR+ is even more detailed in that you have to face the pokemon (not like I was able to do to make it look like it was on a table or on the pond or something) and the pokemon can "see" you coming. nevermind, I see the article does mention both

2) there is no requirement to do anything in AR mode to catch a mew, and thank goodness for that. (the silphroad is blocked from work, but that's that article I read on it.  it's the first one here

Honestly, I assumed I got that message because I have an iPhone. I should have mentioned that.

Ok, tried anyway. GOT MY MEW!

Adorable, ugly little mew!

He just showed up like a regular Pokémon and I got red balls instead of special mew balls, with no ability to use candy or different balls, so they must have been mew balls.

I must look at my iPhones’ settings to see if there is something I need to turn on to use AR.

Caught my Mew on Saturday!  I practiced my curve balls on every single one of the 50 pokemon we had to catch and somewhere are #20 hit an "excellent" throw. It was all easy going after that. I used incense for a couple of hours and had them all before noon.

I did get the message about using AR mode.  My phone tried to do it, but it couldn't determine the orientation of the phone, so it asked if I wanted to turn AR mode off, and I said yes. Then Mew appeared as a solid pink silhouette. Took a few balls to catch him.  I was rather disappointed with his stats...doesn't even make my top 100.

So now I'm just waiting for Articuno to be the research reward, and for Mr Mime and Kanga to be made available in the US and Gen 1 will be complete!

Based on the message after I caught Mew, I'd bet that eventually they will do Celebi (the gen 2 mythical)

Archived