Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

Fragile Bird

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I’m guess it was a Lugia.

Also two things, (i) I’m surprised this is still popular and (ii) I am having a blast picturing you walking around a park fighting kids.

I am going to grind it out to Level 40! The first person in North America to reach Level 40 and collect all the first set of mon was from Toronto, and I plan to follow his lead!

I do not know anyone else my age who plays Pokémon Go. No one in my close circle of friends does except one daughter of a friend, and she lives on the other side of the city and has stopped playing anyway. Everyone I met was at least 20 years and mainly 30 years younger than me. :P 

I get a lot of sidewise looks....

I am super looking forward to the research system in Pogo. Especially with the rumors that we'll be able to encounter legendaries that way. It breaks at 1PM PST - make sure to spin lots of pokestops. 

3 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I am super looking forward to the research system in Pogo. Especially with the rumors that we'll be able to encounter legendaries that way. It breaks at 1PM PST - make sure to spin lots of pokestops. 

Can you please explain a little more?

And btw, I gather that only 2k eggs are being given out for now.

2 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

And btw, I gather that only 2k eggs are being given out for now.

It’s the Easter Eggstavaganza event - the 2k eggs will hatch mon that are normally in 5 or 10k eggs.

4 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I am going to grind it out to Level 40! The first person in North America to reach Level 40 and collect all the first set of mon was from Toronto, and I plan to follow his lead!

I do not know anyone else my age who plays Pokémon Go. No one in my close circle of friends does except one daughter of a friend, and she lives on the other side of the city and has stopped playing anyway. Everyone I met was at least 20 years and mainly 30 years younger than me. :P 

I get a lot of sidewise looks....

Hehe. I'm shocked! :P

You should try the real game sometime, but be warned, it's called hand crack for a reason. 

21 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

They've added a questing system in PoGo. You can spin pokestops to get field research, and these are the simple ones -like 'catch 3 dark types' or 'do 5 nice throws' that give somewhat simple rewards - stardust, items, an encounter with a pokemon. You should do one a day because you get one stamp per day for 'bonus' research - which can give a lot of stardust, good items, or a chance at a legendary pokemon. 

And then there's the special, storyline questline, which after completing it gives you a shot at catching Mew.

Has anyone gotten anything good out of the Research prizes? I haven’t been given anything new, at least the first couple of mon were top rated (wonders, in Mystic parlance) they all seem to be 2nd ranked now. And three Doduos? Really?

Btw, I went out on my first couple of raids with members of the group that added me the other day, and caught my first Legendary, a Latio! (Lol, auto correct changed that to a Latino! My very own Latino!) Someone kindly pointed out that in addition to the Field category, there’s the Special category, which I hadn’t even noticed! :rolleyes:

They also told me one of the tasks would be to catch a Ditto. Dear lord. They did say to go to parking lots to find one.

Also, have they cancelled giving you coins for placing Pokémon in gyms? I placed a dozen mon in the last couple of days (all of a sudden Team Mystic is everywhere) and have not been paid a single coin. :mellow:

I also need to learn how to use some of the new tools, the Fast TM, the Charged TM and the Star Piece. 

You can get a chansey from the field research 'hatch 5 eggs'. That's pretty awesome. You can get a larvitar from another one, though I forget which. A few give 1000 stardust or more.

The 7-day research bonus gives you a Moltres encounter, 2000 stardust and 2-3000xp, plus rare candies, pinaps, ultra balls or regular balls. It's pretty nice. 

You only get coins when your pokemon is removed from a gym, and only to a maximum of 50 per day. It takes 10 minutes to earn one coin. 

There's a list of the field research types and what they reward here:

The coin system sucks.  If you control a gym for 24 hours, you should get something.  I've had a couple instances of having a Pokemon sitting in a gym for 7 days...then because it got kicked out the same day a different Pokemon got booted from another gym maxing my 50 coins for the day...I get nother extra...

I was really annoyed when I would put a big Pokémon in a gym and the mon would be a few thousand CP points lower. I couldn't figure that out. Then, by accident, trying to boost a gym with berries, I found out that using berries would bring my mon back up to full CP! Maybe you guys all knew that, but I didn't!

I went looking for an explanation of how to use rare candy, and I found an article that listed best mon for attack and defence, plus a list of the pokemon that are going to get evolutions in the next generation. That's an eyeopener, and I will try to find better mon in those categories.

As for rare candy, go to items, touch the rare candy and your list of Pokémon pops up. Scroll or search for the one you want.

I just boosted a Chansey of mine to a more respectable size! I haven't seen a Blissey or a Chancey in over 6 months.

https://www.imore.com/pokemon-go-rare-candy

On ‎4‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, Kalbear said:

You can get a chansey from the field research 'hatch 5 eggs'. That's pretty awesome. You can get a larvitar from another one, though I forget which. A few give 1000 stardust or more.

The 7-day research bonus gives you a Moltres encounter, 2000 stardust and 2-3000xp, plus rare candies, pinaps, ultra balls or regular balls. It's pretty nice. 

You only get coins when your pokemon is removed from a gym, and only to a maximum of 50 per day. It takes 10 minutes to earn one coin.

I just got two more Pokémon back, one of which had been in the gym for more than 24 hours. Didn't get a single coin.

I did, however, get a Moltres, which was nice.

In case you have not looked at your mail, next Sunday is community day, and it looks pretty good. Mareep  will be available and if you evolve a Flaaffy to an Ampharos, in a three hour time period, the Ampharos will be taught the Dragon Pulse move.(I have no idea what that means... :P )

Eggs will hatch 4x faster, so a 10k egg hatches after 2.5 k. And lures (or is it incense?) will last for 3 hours.

7 hours ago, Fragile Bird said:

I just got two more Pokémon back, one of which had been in the gym for more than 24 hours. Didn't get a single coin.

Again, if you've gotten coins for that day, you won't get any more. You can only get 50 per day regardless. If you have 17 guys come back after being in gyms for 80 days, and you've already gotten coins for that day, you get nothing. 

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Again, if you've gotten coins for that day, you won't get any more. You can only get 50 per day regardless. If you have 17 guys come back after being in gyms for 80 days, and you've already gotten coins for that day, you get nothing. 

Let me make it clear then, I got two Pokémon back yesterday and received no coins, period.

6 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Sorry, Kal, I may just be in a grumbly mood, maybe the day before something came back early in the morning and I didn't see any coins because of the overlap? I had an early morning return this morning and got 50 coins, so now there's no reason to place anything in a gym since I won't get any coins today. That sucks.

I just watched a couple of videos on how to throw perfect curveballs, since my technique stinks. A couple were old videos, which was quite amusing because they were speculating about future events. However, it did bring up a point about using dittos against a raid boss. My dittos suck, so I have not powered any up. Has anyone done so and used them in a raid? What happens?

More information on how to use Stuff.

The new machines you get when you are successful in a raid will permanently change the Quick Move (the first listed under your Pokémon) or the Charge Move (the second one listed), the Fast TM and the Charged TM respectively. The Quick move is what your mon does when you tap the screen, the Charge Move is the one that has to build up and is available when the line under the mon colors up as you are fighting.

The best moves are fast, doing more DPS - damage per second. When you tap a machine in your items list, the list of your Pokémon will pop up and you then select the Pokemon who's move you want to change. The machine randomly changes the move, so you need to know what in fact the best moves are.

This article lists the best of both kinds of moves. You may have a Snorlax with a great quick move but a lousy charge move, and you could try to strengthen it by using the Charged TM. I will need to study my top fighters before using them!

https://www.vg247.com/2017/06/26/pokemon-go-moves-best-movesets-move-lists-the-best-most-powerful-moves-ranked/

Archived