Fragile Bird

Poke 'em and Go! Continue playing

194 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I'm holding off evolving my Onix until I get a steel coat 

That I've been sitting on for a while...along with three more Dragon scales and the two upgrades that can only use on a Pokemon I've never seen, nor expect too...the king stones and sun stones I've had I've been able to use.

<harumph>

I now have six bloody upgrades and nothing to use even one on because the damn mon are nowhere to be found. And I can't evolve a Scyther or a Slowpoke because I have yet to see the special items needed.

I wish we could trade them.  I have 3 dragon scales and 2 king stones. I need a steel coat, a sun stone and an upgrade (ok, I'm just being hopeful on that one. I have only 10 candies on my polygon)

I also think trading items would be a good idea even if I'm not fond of trading Pokemon (with other players at least). I've been pretty fortunate with the variety of evolution items I've got (I think the stop you get it from makes a difference), I'm only missing King's Rock to evolve a Slowking. 

Today being my 7th day streak, I got a Dragon Scale and evolved my second Kingdra - this time at a higher CP and with a better moveset. Very gratifying!

Also hatched a Bulbasaur on the way home, which was a welcome surprise. 

That I might eventually evolve a better Kingdra is the only reason I've not chucked any of the four scales I'm sitting on.  I actually got one out of a random stop spin the other say and then the fourth when I got my seven day bonus yesterday...

The rock event: I like it.  The Rhydon i evolved a couple days ago is just about the best Pokemon I've had yet. The Golem I finally got is pretty decent as well...

On ‎5‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 1:14 PM, Jaxom 1974 said:

That I might eventually evolve a better Kingdra is the only reason I've not chucked any of the four scales I'm sitting on.  I actually got one out of a random stop spin the other say and then the fourth when I got my seven day bonus yesterday...

The rock event: I like it.  The Rhydon i evolved a couple days ago is just about the best Pokemon I've had yet. The Golem I finally got is pretty decent as well...

The Rhydon has a 4th generation evolution too, so get as many as you can. :)

3 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

The Rhydon has a 4th generation evolution too, so get as many as you can. :)

Interesting. I don't remember that. Time to pull out my son's Pokemon Guide...

Oh gods, the pokemon guide.  My foster son is obsessed.  He reads it every day and night.  He watches pokemon on netflix (I thought a show seemed overboard), trades pokemon cards, draws pokemon.  Reads that stupid guide more, asks me to read it to him during story time before bed.  On top of that he begs to play p-go on my phone (i'm stingy with it).  

He carries that guidebook everywhere.

1 hour ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Oh gods, the pokemon guide.  My foster son is obsessed.  He reads it every day and night.  He watches pokemon on netflix (I thought a show seemed overboard), trades pokemon cards, draws pokemon.  Reads that stupid guide more, asks me to read it to him during story time before bed.  On top of that he begs to play p-go on my phone (i'm stingy with it).  

He carries that guidebook everywhere.

This was my son 2 years ago.  His pokemon guide literally fell apart.  He has notebooks full of pokemons he created.

It was my older son 15 years ago too (only without Netflix)

They also play all the various versions of the video games too

Argh! Just now that I'm trying to amass some Rhyhorn/Geodude candies for future powering up/evolutions, I seem to keep catching Amazing versions of both. I now have 3 Rhydons and 3 Golems, with another 1 of each ready to be evolved...if I had the candy. I'm not so sure I can get enough candy by tomorrow to even evolve them both, though I suppose not being able to power them up isn't an issue if I don't have any stardust.

I now only need 2 more pokemon to complete gen 1 for North America: Dragonite and Machamp.

I think I still need 20 for gen 2.   Managed to put several guys into gyms this week.  I checked to see how long before I could collect, and it was immediately.  Guess last time I was kicked out of a gym I had reached the 21 hour mark, but hadn't yet collected.  And I got to collect for all the pokemons I had in gyms at that moment (4).  That was pretty cool.

8 hours ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

I now only need 2 more pokemon to complete gen 1 for North America: Dragonite and Machamp.

I think I still need 20 for gen 2.   Managed to put several guys into gyms this week.  I checked to see how long before I could collect, and it was immediately.  Guess last time I was kicked out of a gym I had reached the 21 hour mark, but hadn't yet collected.  And I got to collect for all the pokemons I had in gyms at that moment (4).  That was pretty cool.

Just North America? Are you not counting the Kangaskhan or the Farfetch'd?

Im kind of depleted as far as any excitement about Pokémon goes. I lack the porygon from gen 1 europe, and now that vacation is approaching i wont pass pokestops that often so the streaks will be fucked. Time will tell, but it feels like ill probably power through to lvl 30 and a tyranitar and then just not open Pokémon any more.

However, my blissey is getting pretty strong so thats nice.

On 5/24/2017 at 2:20 PM, Leap said:

Argh! Just now that I'm trying to amass some Rhyhorn/Geodude candies for future powering up/evolutions, I seem to keep catching Amazing versions of both. I now have 3 Rhydons and 3 Golems, with another 1 of each ready to be evolved...if I had the candy. I'm not so sure I can get enough candy by tomorrow to even evolve them both, though I suppose not being able to power them up isn't an issue if I don't have any stardust.

I'm kinda the same. Keep thinking I need to amass some candy, but the potential for better Rhydons and Golems is tempting, particularly as thr evnt is going to wind down very soon.

Managed to get into four more gyms today, bring me up to seven, a new high at one time...though I've been bumped out of a couple since...

9 hours ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Just North America? Are you not counting the Kangaskhan or the Farfetch'd?

Since I'm not likely to get to Europe (Mr. Mime), Asia or Australia any time soon, I'm not counting them.  They might as well be the same as legendary ones.

12 minutes ago, Lany Freelove Cassandra said:

Since I'm not likely to get to Europe (Mr. Mime), Asia or Australia any time soon, I'm not counting them.  They might as well be the same as legendary ones.

I was under the impression it was possible to hatch them, even in the States, just not see one in the wild...

6 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

I was under the impression it was possible to hatch them, even in the States, just not see one in the wild...

You can only hatch them if the egg came from a stop in the correct region

Posted (edited)

2 minutes ago, Maltaran said:

You can only hatch them if the egg came from a stop in the correct region

Well shoot...that's not how I'd read that...and I've see a couple of the Kangaskhans I'm gyms, as well as a Farfetch'd.  No Mr. Mimes though...

Edited by Jaxom 1974

5 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Only if you got the egg from that region (as Bia hatched a Mr. Mime from an egg she got in Europe, after she had returned to the US)

Can the region exclusive Tauros, Kangaskhan, Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, Heracross and Corsola be hatched?

No, you cannot get any of these creatures through walking and hatching Eggs. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-05-19-pokemon-go-region-exclusive-pokemon-locations-how-and-where-to-catch-tauros-kangaskhan-mr-mime-farfetchd-heracross-corsola

2 minutes ago, Jaxom 1974 said:

Well shoot...thays not how I'd read that...and I've see a couple of the Kangaskhans

In Gyms, or in the wild?

Maybe I'll try and find someone to log into my account and catch them for me :P